• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers are always hidden or ? ping

th3l4st0ne

Jan 13, 2010
Hi.I brought the game a month ago and played a good period of time on it but since 3 days,the game dont want to connect to any servers.I tried a lot of things, like firewall,Anti-virus,Cache file,etc.I even tried to join a game in the friend network interface,while a friend was playing,but it was telling me he wasnt on any server.I would appreciate solving this issue as fast as possible.

EDIT:I found that when I delete the User.ini and redownload the file,it work once and after it show ? pings or no servers at all.I won't play like this because resetting everytime my setings is a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
he is a regualr player of my server and he contacted me about it i tryed restart server, reset server. but he told me ALL the server list was with ?ping.
and he was unable join any server at all...

guy please help him.

i really have fun playing with him he is a good friend and now we cant enjoy the game together...

Upvote 0
Try to reinstalling the game.

1)"Delete local content..." Trough steam.
2)Verify that you don't have any killing floor files on your system.
3)Download the game again trough the download Region "Europe - Central"
4)Try playing again and report back.

I can't really think of anything else now.

Upvote 0
I tried it:worked for 2 minutes after same problem.I even formated my damn PC to be able to play:still no success.I don't know what they did to the game whit their patch,but dammit! it's the 1st game I play I get the same problem over and over.I'm even running games most people can't because of compatibility isues(Gears of War PC was removed from stores because of that), but this one have something wrong in it. Hope the devs will look on that.

EDIT:Sent a ticket at steam support.Starting to think the steam Cloud thing is messed up on my account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EPIC BUMP.

sorry to revive my old tread but after 4 months of negotiating with steam and farious fixes, I still get the same damn problem. But it's a bit different these times:I can play 1 game after it will not connect/blackscreen/show ? ping everywhere for something about 3-4h.Sometime,if I delete a file in the system folder and redownload the file,it work for another game, but rarelly.
And if I change my Internet card settings to anything that still connect to internet(on/off jumbo packet,burst transfer,etc) it work one time again.
Getting really tired of all this since it's my favorite game and there is no damn way to play more than 4 timea a day, I'm starting to think I would have rather brought another game and save those 4 months of constant frustration.

Also on windows 7, I simply had to exit the game and come back to play again,but since my sound card had massive issue, i'm back to XP.
Help would be really appreciated.

Upvote 0