• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Why?

So long as it is superficial and doesn't affect the weapon itself, it shouldn't be that huge of the deal.

Because it would be visually offensive.

The human characters in KF are, at best, soldiers and at worst mercenaries, thrill seekers, or sociopaths. Well-respected commanders have carried strange, austere, or heavily-decorated weapons into battle. For instance, in World War 2 it was considered a point of prestige to have a Colt Single Action Army pistol as a sidearm. (Typically, these were from the late 1800s and rather difficult to come across at the time.) Commanders today may adorn their sidearms with ivory grips.

As for the common soldier, it's much more likely to see a M4A1 with 20 attachments held together by duct-tape and hope. What's wrong with having a little style?

Because it's not style. It's the opposite of style; it's gaudy trash.

Besides, I'd rather this not turn into into Killing of Duty: Modern Floors 2. People are already plenty preoccupied with leveling perks rather than making sure their teammates stay alive.

How about we focus on making it so there are more classes in existence than Support, Sharpshooter, Demolitions, and Commando ('cause it sure seems like those are the only ones worth playing) instead of copypasting everything from the latest TACTICAL OPERATIONS 2: ELITE TACTICAL OPERATORS game? I'm sick of hearing about ****ing gold-plated deagle brand deagles and Bushmaster ACRs and Beretta "M93 Raffica"s (hint: people can tell you're a CoD idiot when you say this; no one calls it the M93 Raffica, it's just the 93R).

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0

Besides, I'd rather this not turn into into Killing of Duty: Modern Floors 2. People are already plenty preoccupied with leveling perks rather than making sure their teammates stay alive.

How about we focus on making it so there are more classes in existence than Support, Sharpshooter, Demolitions, and Commando ('cause it sure seems like those are the only ones worth playing) instead of copypasting everything from the latest TACTICAL OPERATIONS 2: ELITE TACTICAL OPERATORS game? I'm sick of hearing about ****ing gold-plated deagle brand deagles and Bushmaster ACRs and Beretta "M93 Raffica"s (hint: people can tell you're a CoD idiot when you say this; no one calls it the M93 Raffica, it's just the 93R).

Trufax.

What KF really needs is a Berret M82. But it would be unrealistic and stupid in KF's world, so make it possible to run and empty the mag in under 3 seconds. /MegaCODjoke\

Upvote 0
What? Gold? Offensive? lol.

Maybe he said "style" as in customization.

Yes, because that is the only game with golden weapons. [/sarcasm]

Saying you don't want gold weapons because you don't want to turn Killing Floor into "Killing of Duty: Modern Floors 2" brings you "down" to a similar level as those "CoD idiot"s. People can tell you're a CoD hater.

Upvote 0
What? Gold? Offensive? lol.

You should probably look up the multiple definitions of offensive before you "lol":

unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses

Maybe he said "style" as in customization.

If he did...

What's wrong with having a little style?

...he used it in entirely the wrong context.

Yes, because that is the only game with golden weapons. [/sarcasm]

I never said it was. It's just the most well-known and popular.

Saying you don't want gold weapons because you don't want to turn Killing Floor into "Killing of Duty: Modern Floors 2" brings you "down" to a similar level as those "CoD idiot"s. People can tell you're a CoD hater.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

And no, I don't just hate CoD; I hate all overrated crappy games equally. But that's a discussion for another day.

What I dislike the most, however, is people who really like one game (be it CoD or Counter-Strike or Halo or whatever) who want to take things from that game and shoehorn them into another game they like (IE, Killing Floor), with no regard as to whether they fit, or even a moment to think if it's really needed.

Maybe a better mockery would be "World of Killing: Wrath of the Floor King". God knows that perk leveling already distracts enough from the "survival" aspect of the game, adding more RPG elements would only make it more reward-focused than gameplay-focused.

Upvote 0
You should probably look up the multiple definitions of offensive before you "lol":

unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses

Makes sense. I'm restricted to a few definitions only because of my unfamiliarity with english, so this can happen :/

I never said it was. It's just the most well-known and popular.

007: GoldenEye for the Nintendo SIXTYYYY FOOOUR (sorry, can't avoid :D) featured a few golden weapons (besides the golden gun)(and throwing knives, btw). It was considered one of the best shooters back then, and still is.
Call of Juarez also features both.

Those are the best/most popular games I can think of that feature gold stuff.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

And no, I don't just hate CoD; I hate all overrated crappy games equally. But that's a discussion for another day.

Hating CoD isn't a bad thing, but bashing someone's idea assuming that it was taken from a single game is the issue.

What I dislike the most, however, is people who really like one game (be it CoD or Counter-Strike or Halo or whatever) who want to take things from that game and shoehorn them into another game they like (IE, Killing Floor), with no regard as to whether they fit, or even a moment to think if it's really needed.

I agree partially. Some stuff in games work very well, so why not use it as an inspiration? (But it's true, golden guns don't add anything)

Maybe a better mockery would be "World of Killing: Wrath of the Floor King". God knows that perk leveling already distracts enough from the "survival" aspect of the game, adding more RPG elements would only make it more reward-focused than gameplay-focused.

:D

Upvote 0
So I guess the gold player icons aren't enough gold for you guys?

Please no on this. We get to define our individuality through skins and the blood, sweat and tears it took us to level everything to 6. I don't want to see hot pink, neon blue tiger stripes and gold. It's not like the specimen care how pretty your gun is when they're chewing out your eyeballs.

For that matter, neither do people in CoD.

Upvote 0
This would be like giving all the high officers in the army golden guns.
It would be pointless.

Oh hey, while we're at it. Why not get a hat in the game.
I'd love to dress up my guy with random football helmets. Just like I do with my Heavy in TF2. It makes him look so pretty~ :rolleyes:

In this game. You fight to bring peace. You don't fight to have pretty weapons and clothing. This might be a good idea in a cartoony game like L4D or TF2. But in Killing Floor, it would be stupid as hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0