• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why my friends are not playing RO

Whoopty do... if you want decent posts that don't appear to be flame wars (which I'm not even close to making yet) then how about dropping the whole member analyzing BS of what they may have or not done and actually get back to the topic.

I imagine I could pull all sorts of crap and fling it your way on what I think about you, what you know, what you don't know and how you conduct yourself in these forums..... but since I know it's pointless and doesn't contribute to anything, I don't.

It'd be nice if others could show similar respect.

And you can blame yourself if you like, but I will not share in that blame when I have continually tried to stick to the topic and debate the topic.... not the poster and addressed people's responses accordingly.

Just because I don't suck up to people and pamper everything they say, doesn't mean I'm trying to start some flame war.

Anyways, generally speaking..... suggested features above? Like em? Don't?

Upvote 0
Pax u need to slow down with the walls of the textual stuff!! Dont make me get Zets, Bswearer and hoak in here for an extended forum novel!!!!

Ill do it!!!!! Raaaarrrr :D

Sorry, that's just how I type anywhere.... I type as fast as I think and found that short responses never explained enough in detail, cuz then someone else comes along and rants off about something I never said or misunderstood what I was saying which leads to even more long posts then there originally would be. ;)

Upvote 0
Sorry, that's just how I type anywhere.... I type as fast as I think and found that short responses never explained enough in detail, cuz then someone else comes along and rants off about something I never said or misunderstood what I was saying which leads to even more long posts then there originally would be. ;)

we are the opposites. I slam my fingers off my kb in short sentances, straight to the point. I can/could wall of text, and can when I have too. . .. i just never feel the need as I would always be on forums . . .i frequent maybe 10 forums, averaging 1000 post a year on each (not so much here) . . 10000 walls of text would be srsly uncool. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lets do some training, Cpt-Praxius.

1. Use Occam's razor principle to discuss things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor
In other words - make your arguments as short as possible.
2. Do not pervert original ideas by adding your random assumptions and then criticizing ideas based on that assumptions.
Example:

Cpt-Praxius said:
People who used to just stare at blank TV's in the old days were considered crazy.... what would you classify this as where you pay for a game that after you die once, you sit there staring at a blank screen for 15-60 minutes at a time only to end up doing it again after 20 seconds of game play?
You applied "One life rule" and added your own "15-60 minutes" respawn thing to protect your point.
You rejected, that "One life rule" is OPTIONAL. Means if people don't like that feature - they will not join that server.

3. If you dislike a feature, that not means it is broken/not working.
Example:
Cpt-Praxius said:
I don't like them just because of their acade-like gameplay, I also don't like them because of similar features you wish to put in this game which I have noticed in said games, they don't work. The same type of people still exist in those games and these features just add more problems to the game then they solve and make the games even more unenjoyable.
To claim something is not working you need:
- provide an example
- show people complains about these features

You said you played CS for some time and still stating, that 1 life per round is still "not working". Not working because you don't like to wait?
So how its possible to have a conversation with you with that arguments? Thats why I say its pointless.
The only logical reason for you to state "its not working" is your bad/small experience in these games. Like you die in first 35 seconds most of the time.

Actually, Americas Army game has most of the suggestions and is very playable. Players online most of the time are bigger than Red Orchestra players. You can check it by your own here http://login.aa3.americasarmy.com/servers and here http://login.americasarmy.com/
Thats why I can say "these features works". It is accepted by community with no complains. And I provided you many links with suggestions, which are addressed to these issues in RO. All you said is "No please don't ..... I don't see many complains".

If people do suggestions addressed to these issues - issues exist. People are doing suggestions, based on their experience in other games. "Like in AAO" mentioned so many times.
But you still keeps rejecting it by "they don't work in other games".

Now you say AA is different game.
Sure it is different, but they are both semi-realistic team based first person shooter with objectives.

You could check sales of RO here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/229611/ref=pd_ts_pg_4?ie=UTF8&pg=4
I call it "nearly failed" because it is under AAO, which is available for download for free.

Upvote 0
we are the opposites. I slam my fingers off my kb in short sentances, straight to the point. I can/could wall of text, and can when I have too. . .. i just never feel the need as I would always be on forums . . .i frequent maybe 10 forums, averaging 1000 post a year on each (not so much here) . . 10000 walls of text would be srsly uncool. :p

Oh I'm straight to the point as well, but found that in order to save more posting time, I'll answer and cover other things that would commonly come from something I said.

I've bounced from one forum to the next since 1998 and have a collective of over 30,000 some odd posts, mostly all long. If people don't like reading, then they don't have to and can skip past my comments anytime they wish. Nobody's forcing them to read what I have to say. However if someone wants to go off about something I said or claimed and didn't bother to actually read anything I've said, then that's a different situation.

Besides, you don't see me on here complaining about half the poor spelling and grammar I see everyday from members in here. Just as I could come in here and rant off of what I think of other members in here like some already have done towards me, I could also rant off about how other's post in here just as you are doing.

The difference is that I know it's pointless to do so and isn't productive.

And since once again nobody wants to actually debate the topic at hand, as already requested several times before, there is no logic in continuing this discussion in this thread because there is no point to it anymore.

Then again, since this thread was just to spam more threads already talked to death, I suppose there never was a point.

Upvote 0
Whoopty do... if you want decent posts that don't appear to be flame wars (which I'm not even close to making yet) then how about dropping the whole member analyzing BS of what they may have or not done and actually get back to the topic.

I imagine I could pull all sorts of crap and fling it your way on what I think about you, what you know, what you don't know and how you conduct yourself in these forums..... but since I know it's pointless and doesn't contribute to anything, I don't.

It'd be nice if others could show similar respect.

And you can blame yourself if you like, but I will not share in that blame when I have continually tried to stick to the topic and debate the topic.... not the poster and addressed people's responses accordingly.

Just because I don't suck up to people and pamper everything they say, doesn't mean I'm trying to start some flame war.

Anyways, generally speaking..... suggested features above? Like em? Don't?

Please read your own post above. And look at how you conduct yourself.

I gave my opinion on the op earlier in the thread, and feel that that would be enough to make my thoughts clear on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And since once again nobody wants to actually debate the topic at hand, as already requested several times before, there is no logic in continuing this discussion in this thread because there is no point to it anymore.

Then again, since this thread was just to spam more threads already talked to death, I suppose there never was a point.

Suggestions themselfs are not for discussion in this topic since as you noticed they were discussed in special threads.
The topic is "Why some people not playing RO".
Everyone can ask their friends for reasons, why they are not playing.

Upvote 0