• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Raging Bull.

I just don't see the point of having multiple versions of the same thing. Some people might like having lots guns to play around with. Lots guns for the same perk in the same tier with the only real differences being cosmetic is a novelty and players will quickly find the most effective weapon and ignore the rest. On top of that, Things like this can quickly get confusing especially for a new player...

No one has even tried to argue that the Raging Bull is a good idea!

Upvote 0
I like the idea of a pistol expert but you gotta have some structure with pro's and con's.

of course he'll need 3 tiers worth of weapons. 9mm, handcannon but then you do need something better. probably not as powerfull as a handcannon but could be rapid firing with decent DPS, something like that berreta cx storm thing.

Pros:

• Expert with handguns with almost sniper like precision (single gun).
  • Bigger clips on all handguns.
  • can switch between single and dual wield.
  • Faster reloading on handguns
  • Increase in handgun dammage
  • Can carry all tier guns x2 due to their light weight.
  • Fast switching between weapons.

Cons:

• Almost useless accuracy dual weilding. only useful point blank.
  • Handguns are not powerful enough to take out strong units so he has a dammage reduction against fps/scrakes etc.
  • Reduced accuracy with any weapon that isn't a handgun.
  • Slower movement speed with anything other than a handgun.
  • unable to use ANY kind of explosives or explosive weapon.
Having some kind of revolver would be nice but i can't see where it would fit within the whole tier system.

Who's this "simon cowell" guy anyway? is he a famous prick or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea of a pistol expert but you gotta have some structure with pro's and con's.

of course he'll need 3 tiers worth of weapons. 9mm, handcannon but then you do need something better. probably not as powerfull as a handcannon but could be rapid firing with decent DPS, something like that berreta cx storm thing.

Pros:

• Expert with handguns with almost sniper like precision (single gun).
  • Bigger clips on all handguns.
  • can switch between single and dual wield.
  • Faster reloading on handguns
  • Increase in handgun dammage
  • Can carry all tier guns x2 due to their light weight.
  • Fast switching between weapons.

Cons:

• Almost useless accuracy dual weilding. only useful point blank.
  • Handguns are not powerful enough to take out strong units so he has a dammage reduction against fps/scrakes etc.
  • Reduced accuracy with any weapon that isn't a handgun.
  • Slower movement speed with anything other than a handgun.
  • unable to use ANY kind of explosives or explosive weapon.
Having some kind of revolver would be nice but i can't see where it would fit within the whole tier system.

Who's this "simon cowell" guy anyway? is he a famous prick or something?

watch american idol

Upvote 0
So a lazer sight, 5 times the max ammo, double mag size and much faster rate of fire are all small changes? I still fail to see your point. its like saying the bullpup and the shotgun are the same because they are both guns.

Faster fire rate is due to being no longer a lever action rifle. Laser sight is, IMO, a mistake: the m14 EBR is in fact a sniper rifle, and should be treated like one. 5 times the max ammo is due to a convention in games, where there is "max" ammo. If it was close to reality, the player could sell hist 9mm, and use free blocks to carry more ammo. The double mag size is a mistake too. M14 EBR has, IRL, a 10-round magazine. Not criticizing TWI in any way, btw.

And it's nothing like saying "bullpup and shotgun are the same", because both the LaR and EBR are long-range weapons. They serve the same purpose.

Upvote 0
So a lazer sight, 5 times the max ammo, double mag size and much faster rate of fire are all small changes? I still fail to see your point. its like saying the bullpup and the shotgun are the same because they are both guns.

Raging bull would have 5 rounds, it's the only handgun which is a revolver, making it unique, higher damage than the handcannon, about the same accuracy, more recoil, longer reload, slightly less ROF and same weight.

It has plenty of differences to the handcannon and would serve a different purpose in the case of a backup weapon, for say a perk who wants something that hits hard for the bigger zeds on backup. And just the fact it's a revolver makes it unique.

It's all just and idea, and I don't know what makes you think you should just shoot down people's ideas at first thought, use constructive criticism and a mediocre idea can be improved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the LAR was semi auto, it wouldn't be an LAR.

LEVER

ACTION

RIFLE.

good lord, the user base on this game is getting ridiculous. basically we should have all perfectly accurate, semi automatic guns.

Remember that we're running around in a post-apocalyptic wasteland hunting down failed military experiments that could just as easily kill you as you could them? This isn't about precision, it's about "OH MY GOD LOOK OUT! IT'S COMING FROM THE CEILING!"

Upvote 0
If the LAR was semi auto, it wouldn't be an LAR.

LEVER

ACTION

RIFLE.

good lord, the user base on this game is getting ridiculous. basically we should have all perfectly accurate, semi automatic guns.

Remember that we're running around in a post-apocalyptic wasteland hunting down failed military experiments that could just as easily kill you as you could them? This isn't about precision, it's about "OH MY GOD LOOK OUT! IT'S COMING FROM THE CEILING!"

Damn, can anybody read anymore? It was part of an analogy. I wasn't saying make the LAR semi auto.

Upvote 0
Raging bull would have 5 rounds, it's the only handgun which is a revolver, making it unique, higher damage than the handcannon, about the same accuracy, more recoil, longer reload, slightly less ROF and same weight.

3 less rounds, higher damage, same accuracy ( ALL THE SINGLE SHOT GUNS SHOOT 100% ACCURATELY ), higher recoil, longer reload and slower rate of fire?

3 less rounds and slower reload already make this a silly idea, 8 shots hardly cuts it in a pinch. you could say this is countered by the higher damage but the handcannon can already kill any zed below a scrake with one or 2 headshots without being a sharpshooter. To be an acceptable improvment on that would be difficult to justify for a hand gun. Recoil and rate of fire would just make it even harder to use and with the ammo and reload penalty it would just downright SUCK. Maybe if it had a massive damage boost, enough to decap a scrake in its paltry 5 shots with a high level sharpshooter it would be worth a look but its just a handgun, you just can't justify it having that power.

And just making it a revolver does not make it unique. That's a purely cosmic point and is a worthless argument to this guns cause.

I'm really hating on this gun, aren't I.

Upvote 0
No no no.

Here's what we need.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
you just can't justify it having that power.

Have you seen the "S&W .500 vs watermelon" video someone posted around here (I think in the pistoleer suggestion thread)? How can you say that, when there's proof revolvers can have a RIDICULOUS amount of power?

I'm really hating on this gun, aren't I.

You're expressing your point of view on the suggestion, and providing arguments. it's the right thing to do, as opposed to some people that just post "lolno". Thanks for doing so :D

Upvote 0
Have you seen the "S&W .500 vs watermelon" video someone posted around here (I think in the pistoleer suggestion thread)? How can you say that, when there's proof revolvers can have a RIDICULOUS amount of power?

Are you kidding? What kind of benchmark is a watermelon? Does the military use this?

"Looks like a very powerful weapon, Corporal."

"Yes sir, it's about a 1.3 on the watermelon scale."

"Very nice. That'll teach those watermelon farmers."

Upvote 0
Well, at least you made me laugh.

If you see the watermelon, it doesn't break: it explodes. Literally. And a head is just a little more resistant, but would explode too. That means the revolver is incredibly strong. The "watermelon" thing is just to demonstrate its power.

EDIT: The video :D

YouTube - Watermelon vs. 50 caliber S&W M500 500 magnum

EDIT 2:

If you want to see numbers, the S&W .500 bullet weights 350grs, and generates a muzzle energy of over 3,030 foot-pounds force (4.1 kJ) when shot.

If you want to compare, a 5.56 NATO cartridge (M4's ammo) generates a 1.7 kJ when shot. A .300 Winchester (common sniper cartridge) generates from 4.3 to 4.9 kJ, depending on which variation is used, and what weapon shoots it. A regular .50 cartridge ("Handcannon"'s bullet) caps at 2.2kJ.

So yeah, it has an astounding power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0