• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I was too busy looking at the 3D effects, thinking... in 2 years my monitor is going to look like that - bring it on!!!

As it is, the aliens do look cute-ish IMO, although it worries me that I should find a 12-ft high blue alien with a boxer's nose cute :eek:

3 hours of fairly routine adventure movie but I am in awe of the amount of work (and rendering power) it musta taken to make this film.

Upvote 0
i just hate when you get a 2d camera focus in 3d, you see blurry things flying around :(
imo, that's one of the main problem of the film, it's not really a full 3d full but rather a 2d film with 3d effect.

other than that the scenario is poor is well-known from the beginning.
PS: do you have to pay extra cash for the glasses ? imo it's stupid that cinema rant them for +1/4 of the original. They really want people stop coming at the cinema

Upvote 0
BTW - re: fancying the aliens.

I am not the one to ask as I recall when I was younger having the hots for the Cadbury's Caramel bunny....

3541074.jpg

...and finding out that the bunny's voice was done by my mate's auntie just confused me even more :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was my first 3D movie and it blew me off. What a great film. Other than those cliche "hero gets saved in last second" moments, the story was pretty good.

I don't like to go to cinema pretty often aside from occasional friend meetings, because I have a decent home theatre at home; but now I think with the introduction of proper 3D effects the films like Avatar must be seen at cinema. Untill 3D TV technology matures, that is :)

Upvote 0
Yeah I saw it in 3D at the IMAX in Brum last Friday and was very impressed. Like people have pointed out, not the most original or unexpected storyline but still an enjoyable film even without the 3D I would have thought. :cool:

Brum has an IMAX?!?! - you'll be telling me you have indoor plumbing and electricity next :p

Upvote 0