• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I would like to say that if anyone has an extra beta key and would be so kind as it pass it my way, I'd really appreciate it!! :) :p:eek::) Please?

draft_lens1938952module9091248photo_1208059401pretty_please_cat.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm really enjoying this beta! A lot of fun, except for one major issue....I can't stay connected to a game for more than 4-5 minutes. :mad::mad::mad:

I keep getting disconnected, or the lag is so bad I move halfway across the map and get warped back to the beginning.

Anyone else always get disconnected? Are there ports I need to open? I tried throwing the PS3 behind a DMZ, no dice. :confused:

Upvote 0
I'm really enjoying this beta! A lot of fun, except for one major issue....I can't stay connected to a game for more than 4-5 minutes. :mad::mad::mad:

I keep getting disconnected, or the lag is so bad I move halfway across the map and get warped back to the beginning.

Anyone else always get disconnected? Are there ports I need to open? I tried throwing the PS3 behind a DMZ, no dice. :confused:

Sorry to hear that. For some strange reason I always get disconnected after 10mins, but it works fine after that. I've never experienced lag either.

Maybe it's just PSN is acting weird atm?

By the way, I've played a bit today and it seems people really really got better at this game. Medics constantly healing/reviving people, engineers repairing tanks, recons calling mortar strikes. It was quite competitive :D

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. For some strange reason I always get disconnected after 10mins, but it works fine after that. I've never experienced lag either.

Maybe it's just PSN is acting weird atm?

By the way, I've played a bit today and it seems people really really got better at this game. Medics constantly healing/reviving people, engineers repairing tanks, recons calling mortar strikes. It was quite competitive :D
Sounds awesome! I'm having fun as a medic, but it's tough to level up when I'm only in a game for three minutes and then have to join another one costantly. :(

Upvote 0

That's strange mate, mine has been acting fine and I'm playing from Australia with American hosts.

The fact that the issue persisted with the PS3 in the DMZ is extremely strange, you don't happen to have a spare router you can give a go?

Upvote 0
They are going to have an announcement on the PC beta very soon. Expect some news on it within days.
And just like that, I prove how awesome I am:

http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork....C-Beta-Details-Revealed&p=1218585#post1218585

Beta Begins/Ends: Jan 28th/Feb 25th
Map Name: Port Valdez
Players: 32
Game Mode: Rush
Environment: Snow
Theme: Vehicle and Infantry

Back Story
The battle for Port Valdez is fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains. Using basically everything they've got the Russian forces are launching an airborne assault to knock out the oil industries in the area. In their arsenal there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat.

How to Download: Check back to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Page closer to beta launch date for download instructions.

How To Get Access: Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way and right now we are still finalizing which Retailers & e-Tailers will participate (it's up to them). If you're eager to ensure you get in confirmed distributors to Pre-Order consumers are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog to update new retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Closed Beta Key.

Upvote 0