• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Press E to pickup stuff & Weapon drop timer.

Nitronumber9

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
How many times have you ran backwards firing at a scrake with a pair of hand cannons and walked over another weapon for it to automatically switch and then end up killing you? Ok thats never actually happened to me but the logic behind it is solid.
How about this, a player leaves a crossbow on the ground, you or another teammate walk over it while firing and pick it up what happens if your then eaten? You lose the crossbow just because you accidently walked over it.
Now if TWI added the ability to decide if you want to grab an item instead of automatically picking it up if you walk over it. It will at least stop that situation.
But then we can also evolve it, if someone drops a weapon and some guy then picks it up, we know its deliberate and we can remove that person if they then sell it.
What if TWI fixed that as well by adding a weapon drop timer? If you drop a weapon no one else can pick it up for 30 seconds. That then cripples those people who steal dropped stuff to sell it.

i think the best way to stop something like that is just have an auto weapon select button.
Some games have the option and ask 'Switch to most powerful weapon on pickup'...or something along those lines!

anyways...if you are using duel handcannons running backwards from a scrake and you accidently pick up a crossbow you should be thanking the gaming gods, not cursing them ;)....unless its a bullpup :eek:

Upvote 0
decide if you want to grab an item instead of automatically picking it up if you walk over it.

Sounds ok, as long as it's an option you can disable. (auto-pickup vs confirm pickup)

If you drop a weapon no one else can pick it up for 30 seconds.

This is a terrible idea. I often want to give someone a weapon, and do so by tossing it right into their model. If it had to sit on the ground for 30 sec, the scavengers would come snag it, or the other person would run off, or whatever.

I'd like it if there was a few second delay between tossing your weapon and YOU picking it up. I'm often running along and want to toss something and end up instantly picking it up. Like a 2-second delay or something would be great.

Upvote 0
i think the best way to stop something like that is just have an auto weapon select button.
Some games have the option and ask 'Switch to most powerful weapon on pickup'...or something along those lines!

anyways...if you are using duel handcannons running backwards from a scrake and you accidently pick up a crossbow you should be thanking the gaming gods, not cursing them ;)....unless its a bullpup :eek:

unless the crossbow it's empty, or the crossbow dropped ist really a new mob who eats your eye when u aim xD

Upvote 0
i think it's annoying when running accidentally and grab a beretta or a hc and it gives you akimbo... often it's not a problem, but sometimes it is, because grabbing a pistol, and you dont wan't it... if you throw it again, it halves your ammo!

im a ss, i use XBow, and a single hc... hand cannon has 96 bullets, if you pick and drop the akimbo, you get 48 bullets! that's annoying >_<

Upvote 0
yourBestFriend.jpg

Upvote 0
i think it's annoying when running accidentally and grab a beretta or a hc and it gives you akimbo... often it's not a problem, but sometimes it is, because grabbing a pistol, and you dont wan't it... if you throw it again, it halves your ammo!

im a ss, i use XBow, and a single hc... hand cannon has 96 bullets, if you pick and drop the akimbo, you get 48 bullets! that's annoying >_<

Wow, I didn't know dropping a dual pistol halves your ammo. That sucks!

Upvote 0
theres an option in the User.ini or Kf.ini to change it.
Something like switchonpickup = true/false

Not sure if it has effect tho.

^

That. You still pick them up, you just don't auto-switch to them, which has actually messed me up once or twice, though it doesn't happen terribly often. "False" should be the default.

On a similar note, I'd rather see a function "Never reload when firing on empty." (Ie you have to actually hit the reload button to reload a weapon. Click-click-click.) Been suggested at least once somewhere in our 50 pages of thread topics. (Wonder how many pages total that makes with all the sub-pages and whatnot...)

Upvote 0

Trying to up your post count? I did use the search and this is what I got
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/search.php?searchid=428518
Now kindly stuff off or add to the idea, don't try to bump up your post count with useless stuff, next time I'll report it as spam.

Now thats dealt with back to the topic.
I was in a game late last night just trying to get used to the M14 (Seriously I've never used it till now) but still having my Crossbow nearby, the amount of times I've had to replace them due to them being walked over and taken, so much so I eventually thought "fuddle this" sold both, switched to demo and took a LAW.
Try "Accidently" taking one of them :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^

That. You still pick them up, you just don't auto-switch to them, which has actually messed me up once or twice, though it doesn't happen terribly often. "False" should be the default.

On a similar note, I'd rather see a function "Never reload when firing on empty." (Ie you have to actually hit the reload button to reload a weapon. Click-click-click.) Been suggested at least once somewhere in our 50 pages of thread topics. (Wonder how many pages total that makes with all the sub-pages and whatnot...)

It was like that in 'The mod' hurr hurr.
It was pretty cool to try and fire more rounds and then realize, Press R to reload then get killed.
Same with the winchester and shotgun, hold R to reload.

Upvote 0
How many times have you ran backwards firing at a scrake with a pair of hand cannons and walked over another weapon for it to automatically switch and then end up killing you? Ok thats never actually happened to me but the logic behind it is solid.

LOOOL! "Ok thats never happened to me"

But yea its true, I absolutely HATE IT when Im a berserker with katana and it keeps autoswiching to something else when ever I happen to walk over a weapon.

There should definately be an option to disable this.

Also, I like the idea of having to press a button to pick up weapons. Sometimes I end up picking up teammates weapons by accident when we are in a tight space, and its like impossible to avoid picking it up >_>

Upvote 0
Trying to up your post count? I did use the search and this is what I got
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/search.php?searchid=428518
Now kindly stuff off or add to the idea, don't try to bump up your post count with useless stuff, next time I'll report it as spam.

Now thats dealt with back to the topic.
I was in a game late last night just trying to get used to the M14 (Seriously I've never used it till now) but still having my Crossbow nearby, the amount of times I've had to replace them due to them being walked over and taken, so much so I eventually thought "fuddle this" sold both, switched to demo and took a LAW.
Try "Accidently" taking one of them :D

Clearly you are not using the search function properly.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37443
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36132
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35116
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34444
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34153
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=34099

Upvote 0

And clearly you didn't put in what you searched, notice that you posted in two you can search users you know, also none of them reference the weapon timer idea same with the press E to grab weapons. So technically your spamming, again.
Although next time I will take your hint and broaden the search parameters, I'll search every word that does and does not relate to the idea. Would that make you happy?

Upvote 0
Post your suggestion in the existing threads about the same problem of auto pickup.

Ok I have to agree with Widowmaker on this one. Those threads are COMPLETELY RELATED to this thread. This thread is about the auto pickup problem and a SUGGESTION to fix it is to add a use key pickup like in other games. So don't threaten to report people when they have done nothing wrong.

Upvote 0
I do apologies in that case. Though I didn't relate the Weapon drop timer idea to any of those, that and I view his posts as spam because it does NOT! contribute to the thread.
Although I really do suggest next time he/she just sends a PM instead of using constant posts to try to "prove his/her point". Far easier on all of us.

Now back on topic.
How about an idea that you can press E over someone to give them your weapon? instead of trying to drop it it, find that person carrying to much to carry it and then watch as some speedy guy steals it.

Upvote 0
Some speedy guy steals it.

Hmm where have I seen that... Oh yah MEEEEEEE!!! Anyways they are definitly spam as he isn't contributing to the thread in any way EXCEPT you said the search bar didn't come up with results and he replied that you were using it incorrectly and in a very specific keyword form which is not how a search bar should be used. But that's all behind us so now we can most definitely get back on topic. I propose if this is added it is an optional function in the menu's and can be turned on and off to the users liking.

Upvote 0