• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Zeds Stupid!

Yu_Fucndie

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
USA
I find it very irritating that when I chuck a nade at zeds, they walk away from it. If they are smart enough to know what a nade is and try to avoid it, then they should be smart enough to use firearms and attack you in a more strategic way rather than walking straight towards you. It needs to be one way or the other. I prefer they are dumb and have no idea what a nade is and just keep walking towards you hungry for fresh brains. Nummy nummy nummy.:eek:

Reactions: trick
I think that the nade avoidance has something to do with them trying to get to you and dodging obstacles rather than built in A.I. that tells them to avoid grenades. I may be wrong, but either way you are right. Throwing a grenade into a swarm of zeds to have them all walk away from it is frustrating to say the least...hey at least clots don't throw grenades back at you!!

Upvote 0
lol "cook" I haven't heard that term in a while. It's called priming. Anyways, why not use this 'feature' to your advantage? Throw grenades to herd them towards where you want them. From there you can do whatever you want. If you time it right, you can even throw another grenade into the herded crowd and use the first grenade to detonate the second one. You can even use grenades to hold back fleshpounds while you blast away with your weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find it very irritating that when I chuck a nade at zeds, they walk away from it. If they are smart enough to know what a nade is and try to avoid it, then they should be smart enough to use firearms and attack you in a more strategic way rather than walking straight towards you. It needs to be one way or the other. I prefer they are dumb and have no idea what a nade is and just keep walking towards you hungry for fresh brains. Nummy nummy nummy.:eek:

I sort of agree. How the hell does a clot know what a grenade is and that he should avoid it when he's just been spawned out of an incubator?

Hell, even the zombies in L4D huddle AROUND the pipebomb for some idiotic reason. I'd prefer that level of stupidity any day. Just cuz they're specimens doesn't mean they're smart.

Upvote 0
Clots and gorefast moan. Crawlers hizz and Scrake talks with hot potato on his mouth. Husk can't talk, because he has a few wires in his mouth. Other do talk a lot.

I've noticed this nade dodging, but I don't see it as a problem. You can easily nade clots on narrow pathways.

it isn't really a problem at all, but it's one of those things that doesn't need to be around.

Upvote 0
The husk does talk. I've heard it ingame and it's in the trailer

" There you areeee "

If there's anything I hate it is the headshots themselves, but that's just me.

The beheaded problem is much more a problem in DA2 than it is in KF, gorefasts with no head will walk to you a lil, walk off, and repeat until they blead out.
Whereas in DA2 a beheaded FP will rage towards you.

Upvote 0