• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mouse feel for console shooters!!

I came across this thing that allows you to use a mouse and keyboard to emulate the Xbox360 controller

[url]http://xim360.com/?page_id=2[/URL]

I think there is a PS3 version as well
That's more of a work around than a proper solution, I also doubt it can be done without some form of control delay as the computer translates the control.

The 360 needs a controller like the Frag FX, but Microsoft just won't allow it.

Upvote 0
If I'd build consoles I'd make a controller using a touchscreen tablet usable as a keyboard, moving HUD elements from the screen to the controller) and a nunchuck usable as a 2 dimensional pointing device using accelerometers and on the tablet.

Something you can put on your lap or on a desk. A controller just looks ridiculous (esp. when you are standing with one in your hands) and usually isn't as "healthy" as a regular keyboard.

This way you can have a regular (QWERTY) keyboard, a 2 dimensional pointing device (a mouse) which is easy to use on a surface and sitting on a couch.

Upvote 0
Eh, it's neat and all, but why do this when you could be playing on a PC instead?

But if the next-gen Consoles where to use something like this, only with some more buttons on it, multi-platform games would become a lot less annoying for us PC gamers.

I got a fragfx v1 and will probably buy a FRAGnStein in the future.
Why you ask, because if i have a controller in my hands, my hands turn into arses and i cant do jack **** if i got to aim. I still won't touch online gaming though i got a pc for that, and a game called Red Orchestra :p.

I got my fragfx for metal gear 4, i ended up playing drakes fortune with a regular controller but often got pretty frustrated with the hands turning into asses syndrome.

If a game is on the pc ill play it there, but there are often some console exclusives.

Upvote 0