• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Saluting

Pvt.Skoko

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Canada
I don't know if anyone else has considered this but, as a realism unit member I would put a lot of value into the ability to salute. Maybe only for realism enabled scrims. Your player should stand at attention and salute and everyone else should be able to see that your doing it aswell.

This would be amazing.

The german right arm forward 'Heil hitler' salute, became one of the trademarks of nazism just like the swastika.

For that reason i would prefer not to have a salute "taunt". You'll find people that just find it fun to salute all the time and spam the salute button. And you'll have some Nazi realism units that like to reenactment warcrimes and deathcamps (happened in roost already) something i would rather not have associated with HOS.

However a salute animation for all the soldier models that could be used in scripted single player events etc, would be nice to see. Then for reenactment it could probably be made into a mutator by your community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
actually a lot of people get the concept.....it just doesnt by default belong in the game. TW adds it as a standard feature and you'll have dumb little kids running around saluting instead of playing.

it's a cool idea, just find somebody who can make a mutator for it because there's no chance TW would actually code it into the game.....

Upvote 0
What if you could salute only in the proximity of an officer?

And expose to enemy who is on command? See you in court martial...:p

But seriously, saluting on the actual battlefield is just something that you do not do. In any circumstances.

If those "realism" units need that feature, they can mod it by themselves. Like many have stated allready.

ps. If the upcoming game portrays life outside the actuall battlefield etc. (which I doubt very much) only then the saluting feature could be needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0