• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam won't download Killing Floor

If you really think it's steam, then I can tell you how you can probably fix it without having to reformat.

1. Copy and paste your steamapps folder (delete KillingFloor from it) to a safe location (usually desktop).
2. Uninstall Steam.
3. Type regedit in Run to open your registry editor.
4. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Valve or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Valve and delete the Valve folder in whichever has it or both if two exist.
5. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Wow6432Node/Valve and delete that Valve folder too.
6. Reboot computer in Safe Mode with Networking (spam F8 at startup screen).
7. Reinstall Steam, do not let it log in to update. Cancel it as soon as it starts Steam after install.
8. Place your steamapps folder back into the proper place.
9. Start Steam and allow it to fully update, and then install your Killing Floor.
10. Reboot normally and try again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you really think it's steam, then I can tell you how you can probably fix it without having to reformat.

1. Copy and paste your steamapps folder (delete KillingFloor from it) to a safe location (usually desktop).
2. Uninstall Steam.
3. Type regedit in Run to open your registry editor.
4. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Valve or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Valve and delete the Valve folder in whichever has it or both if two exist.
5. Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Wow6432Node/Valve and delete that Valve folder too.
6. Reboot computer in Safe Mode with Networking (spam F8 at startup screen).
7. Reinstall Steam, do not let it log in to update. Cancel it as soon as it starts Steam after install.
8. Place your steamapps folder back into the proper place.
9. Start Steam and allow it to fully update, and then install your Killing Floor.
10. Reboot normally and try again.

I guess i'll try that then.

Upvote 0
FenwayFan25 is not back to say us if this idea work's.

I think I have the same problem. I try this game on the "free weekend" and I buy it after... but during one week it say that the steam servers are too busy.

You think that I can try to re-instal steam in safe mode and do the same?

Sorry for so bad english writting.

Upvote 0
FenwayFan25 is not back to say us if this idea work's.

I think I have the same problem. I try this game on the "free weekend" and I buy it after... but during one week it say that the steam servers are too busy.

You think that I can try to re-instal steam in safe mode and do the same?

Sorry for so bad english writting.

Sorry, I haven't been able to do that yet because I've been really busy. I'm still gonna try and do that and i'll post if it works.

Upvote 0
Dunno if this was mentioned, so sorry if it was:

Try selecting a difference download server. File -> Settings -> Downloads -> Region and try selecting something different (but still close to you). Try a couple.

that's really all I can think of.

Yeah, I tried doing that. It didn't work. I'm probably gonna try that one fix (Install in safe mode) over the weekend. I'll post whether it worked or not.

Upvote 0
ok.

In my steam appsfolder:
I have 3 folder, and many files. but I haven't any files called "client"

The client file should be in this directory

C:/program files/steam/steamapps

The client file is NOT in one of the folders. You should the regular folders (Common, "Name," possibly media and source mods), and underneath them you should see a bunch of files. Look for the one that is called "killingfloorclient" and delete it. That should let you download it again, it worked for me.

Upvote 0