• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Avp

I only know AvP1 from them, I haven't play any other, if you say they suck well thats bad news =(

But maybe they'll put more effort into this one since AvP attracts a lot of attention

what about this game?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_(Gearbox_Software)

Gearbox made Half-Life: Opposing Force which was awesome (IMO the best half-life)

are you looking forward for this one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's ****ing terrible news for us, but in a way I am glad that a developer is telling the OFLC to go **** themselves. Maybe if more developers take this stance we can finally attain the much coveted R18+ rating.

I am getting so sick and tired of this nanny state bull****. At first the OFLC would only reject games with sex scenes and nudity, things that are nice to have but I can live without in a game. Now they are increasingly tightening up on violence, look at L4D2, the Australian version of that game is so heavily cut it is far less violent than even the original L4D.

I would bet my left nut that this latest AVP is no more violent than the others, which all featured the ability to basically tear parts off of your enemies, and a good deal of blood and gore. Yet despite this it is being refused classification. Makes me sick.

I'll still get the game anyway, I can import it from New Zealand for either my Xbox (Aus and NZ are the same region and NZ has an R18+ rating), PS3 or PC. I'll probably get it for the PC.

You guys know what's really bad though? Just this week the opposition voted down our current governments emmissions trading scheme in the senate, which has given the PM a trigger for a double dissolution. If the PM calls one and wins majority in the senate (which he is most likely to do as popular support is behind green initiatives) his parties internet censorship scheme will certainly go through successfully. The only things stopping it now are the opposition and green party.

That chills me to my core :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0