• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Much thought has gone into this!

alucrd2001

Nov 20, 2009
Ok... Everyone is saying a power up for medic or firebug is needed weapon wise so.. after much thought i came up with this..

M79.. sure awesome gun to use BUT its pretty plain and not too much use in hard multiplayer games. So here is it.

M79
Ammunition variant.

FIREBUG = Incidinary Shell ( Splash fire damage 45 initial damage for hit target 20 damage for surrounding targets within blast radius. Sets enemy on fire for a duration of 20 seconds with standard damage rate.)

MEDIC = Concussion Shell ( 30 damage for hit target 15 for targets within blast radius. Stuns targets within radius 10 second duration for hit target 3 seconds for all withing blast radius.)

BERSERKER = Stinger Shell ( Upon impact with hit target fires a blast of Pellets 60 being a suitable number with a 3% chance to pierce targets within range each pellet dealing 35 damage to initial target and 15 damage to each other target within the blast radius.)

COMMANDO = Scrambler Shell ( 20 damage to initial target 5 damage for all within blast radius. All cloaked Stalkers within blast radius can no longer cloak any longer via an EMP wave that scrambles their cloaking system.)

SHARP SHOOTER = N/A ( N/A sharpshooter has great weapon balance and damage balance anyway so no changes for this perk are necessary for the time being.)

DEMOLITION = Cluster Shell ( Fires a shell Dealing 45 to inityal target then breakes up into 4 smaller shells dealing 20 damage to 4 other targets within blast radius.)

SUPPORT = Barrage Shell ( Fires a medium range high powered shotgun blast of 10 large pellets dealing 20 damage each with a 40% piercing ratio.)

Followed by a system where rather then re-writing a data section to accomodate for this update have it as a secondary option at trader. Then to balance out Ammunition totals the following max ammunition for each type for the specific Perk chosen by the player.

Firebug ( max ammunition = 15 for special type 24 for normal )
Medic ( max amunition = 10 for special type 24 for normal )
Berserker ( max ammunition = 10 for special type 24 for normal )
Commando ( max ammunition = 15 for special type 24 for normal )
SharpShooter ( max ammunition = 24 for normal )
Demolition ( max ammunition = 13 for special type 24 for normal )
Support ( max ammunition = 15 for special type 24 for normal. BUT...
yes there is a but, the ammunition weighs more being a heavy shell for special ammunition so the full 15 ammunition takes up 3 blocks of your encumbrance )

Now costs for specially developed Ammunitions ( Flat out fee of

Yes. Lets take one of the demo's weapons and whore it out to every other class.

Lets also take the Shotgun and add 6 different types of ammo to it! Then we can do the same with the Crossbow! It'll be fun! And it totally won't come off as filler content...

That's very stupid of you to say this. On the contrary, i think it could be an interesting idea.
I've already submitted something like this for the Firebug using the LAW : it could be a white Phosphor amunition.
It's just a natural kind of thing for the M79 : firing 40mm grenade, there is a lot of kind of ammunition in the reality like smoke screen, tear-gas, stun, ... .

Upvote 0
Yes. Lets take one of the demo's weapons and whore it out to every other class.

Lets also take the Shotgun and add 6 different types of ammo to it! Then we can do the same with the Crossbow! It'll be fun! And it totally won't come off as filler content...

While the sarcasm is unnecessary, I do agree. I'd much rather see something original for the firebug/medic than see all 6 players carry an M79.

Aside from that, the medic version is overpowered. Having a 10 second stun for all the fleshpounds is a bit ridiculous. But even if it were balanced, I'd still be against the idea due to lack of originality.

Upvote 0
Eh, I dont really like these ideas for M79.

BUT

Having the option of buying different ammunation for weapons would be nice, sure, but Id rather make them available for everyone and give some perk related discounts on some types (incendary ammo cheaper for firebug for example). Also different grenades would be nice (not for the launchers but for the ones you throw..)

Upvote 0
I can understand that you want more depth to the combat but grenades aren't the best way to go about this. I think the Tripwire devs intended for the majority of the game's damage to be based around bullets, which is why only 2 of the 7 perks give bonuses to explosives, and the use of explosives is only condoned on small groups of distant enemies or in emergencies (because of the opaque smokescreen, for which there is already a topic on this board).

The different ammo types you suggested are a good way to improve depth, but I'm not too sure about the abundance of incendiary types, seeing as how most players I've encountered hate firebugs because their flames often make it hard to target specimens precisely, as well as lowering frame rates for the number of users with low-performance PC's.
This is might be a reason for why the Firebug perk is so bare bones.

Stuff like frag rounds (ala L4D2), shotgun slugs, assault rifle ammo with better penetration, maybe even a revolver (an optional side-arm replacement instead of the 9mm tac and a gun that can used by all classes effectively with varying bonuses for the different perks).

And the effectiveness of a healing grenade is debatable, as often times my teammates are a good 15 feet away from each other. And the people complaining about the mp7 don't seem to realize that medics aren't supposed to be fighting that much. If anything, give their darts the ability, when shot at specimens, to boost damage done by a few percent temporarily. Maybe it will make them feel more useful when fighting the high tier zeds.

Upvote 0
I play as a commando alot so lets break your post down for the commando only. Carrying the scar 5 blocks and ak/bullpup 6 blocks you've only got 3 blocks left. You can't even carry the m79 (4 blocks) unless you don't forgo carrying your perk enhanced weapons (scar/ak/bullpup).

The next problem. Let's assume your retarded enough to purchase the m79 at 1249 bucks over your uber cheap perk enhanced weapons. By the time you see the stalker you'd have to switch to the m79 to shoot the stalkers to decloak them, which is stupid already cause you can see them at 16 meters without shooting anything or purchasing an additional weapon....you coulda dropped them with ur scar/ak/bullpup twice as fast.

Upvote 0
I like the idea, assuming you stop at this point:

M79
Ammunition variant.

FIREBUG = Incidinary Shell ( Splash fire damage 45 initial damage for hit target 20 damage for surrounding targets within blast radius. Sets enemy on fire for a duration of 20 seconds with standard damage rate.)

MEDIC = Concussion Shell ( 30 damage for hit target 15 for targets within blast radius. Stuns targets within radius 10 second duration for hit target 3 seconds for all withing blast radius.)

10 second stun might be a bit much unless it scales down for bigger zeds. A cost reduction for both might be nice as well.

Upvote 0