• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

That Movement Bug

Reise

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
I'm sure this has happened to some people by now.

You join a server and spawn, only to have it feel like you're walking with a ball and chain stuck to your leg. Looking down while walking you can tell it's like you're kinda jittering forward and backward really quickly, causing the slow effect. Reconnecting to the server fixes it, but I haven't discovered any other way to work around it.

Any chance this could be looked at? I'd make a video of it but I don't have the means to do so ATM.

It's a connection issue, most likely a routing one. For instance, there's a particular server I have on my favs that I can count on this happening 100% of the time. Physically it's close to me so it's not likely my route is going to change by "reconnect" as it would with another further away. The cause is most likely a bad node bottlenecking traffic along the way.

Upvote 0
Hehe I've got this pretty often and I didn't know how to fix it until a couple of days ago ^^ Jumping every time you're trying to move works as well. Even tho its hard to shoot at the same time and people look at you like you're crazy -.- but nice, then it's only to reconnect =)

Upvote 0