• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the floor

TheHateMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Does anyone else experience problems with newbies/retards who steal weapons you stockpile on the floor and sell them off? Or when you die with your SCARMK on Suicidal in Wave 8, but the lvl 2 support who caused your death earlier stole it and won't give it back?

I was brainstorming for ideas on returning weapons to their "rightful owners", but can't really think of something that is fair/workable.

I just came out of a game where a lvl 6 berserker stole a SCAR to buy a grenade launcher. Leaving the Commando with his 3 clips of bullpup. On Wave 7. By the time I realised that the berserker had f***ed up our team, the shop had closed and the money I gave that poor guy was pointless. One noob berserker, one alright SS(me), one weapon-less Commando, a lvl 3 medic, and a lvl 1 support.

Even now I can hardly believe that me and the Commando had made it that far by ourselves to Wave 7 on Suicidal(with some help from the medic).

Usually in Suicidal games, poor skill and refusal to work as a team are the main causes for losing. Weapon-stealing even for completely different perks is a destructive type of behaviour that has caused me 3 recent losses.

Does anyone have similar experiences and/or suggestions on how to curb this?

Last edited:
What dextronaut is saying is, "Yes, this happens to us, and these retards are everywhere." :rolleyes: Afraid there's not much good advice to add.

Well, except one thing: Getting someone to give back something they've already grabbed may be harder than convincing them to please not pick it up in the first place. There's something in human psychology about something we've already picked up...

So it might help just a tad always announcing, "Stockpiling, please don't pick up my X," or "I died and dropped X, please let me have it next round/grab it for me."

But don't count on it. :p

Upvote 0
best solution to this would be to not die. or you could just play with friends. either of these work pretty well.

My friends aren't the KF-type. They're struggling on Normal as it is.

For the latter, I usually try really really hard(not to die). But when the guy holding the backdoor inexplicably gets overwhelmed by 4 clots and a gorefast, and your teammates are of the general skill level whereby they'll wipe on wave 4 on Hard, it's usually me or some high lvl medic kiting the rest of the round and trying to accumulate enough waves for thin-ice pirouette.

Realistically, the only "real" solution I have would be to play SS every single round, every Suicidal game. That way money is never a problem. But that would also mean no perk progression and a lot of boredom =(

Upvote 0
i usually play support (lvl6) so i have alot of room for stuff. if someone dies i'll usually drop one of my shotguns and pick it up and wait in front of the trader with it.

in KF-Farm i once searched the tall fields around the spawn to find a scar for a commando that lost it two waves ago, during one of the later waves. i even bought ammo for him before i gave it back. i usually play with friends but i'll even do this on public servers

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
i usually play support (lvl6) so i have alot of room for stuff. if someone dies i'll usually drop one of my shotguns and pick it up and wait in front of the trader with it.

in KF-Farm i once searched the tall fields around the spawn to find a scar for a commando that lost it two waves ago, during one of the later waves. i even bought ammo for him before i gave it back. i usually play with friends but i'll even do this on public servers

wow....your like santa your so nice.

Upvote 0
Yea I just play with a friend and its only two of us on suicidal
and if anyone ever joins we immediately vote kick them on sight

lol u can hear us saying on vent "kick!!!"

well this better be on your own server, or you'll see an admin on the console saying "ban!!"

otherwise you should just password your server instead of being an asshole about it.

and welcome to pubs op, some people are team players and others are just self-serving pricks, the system we have now is fine for those willing to work together. in fact, if I were to die holding a good weapon, I would prefer that someone else not so well endowed would pick it up and make use of it instead of just lying on the ground. provided that they are willing to share the cash they make off of it, or give it back later of course. but we can't force players to pool their cash, or not to suck. so as dex would say, just deal with it.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
I was just thinking about this myself the other day. The few times I've been in this situation I asked nicely for my gun back and they gave it to me. But I think I was just lucky.

For my part if someone dies and drops a weapon I can use to help me finish the round I'll take it, but I ALWAYS give it back if they ask for it back. Even if it's something I really want. There have been times when I give a guy back his katana or whatever to see him die again in the next round and lose it completely and I think "what a waste". But then I remember fair is fair and it was his weapon to lose in the first place.

Upvote 0
Yea I just play with a friend and its only two of us on suicidal
and if anyone ever joins we immediately vote kick them on sight

lol u can hear us saying on vent "kick!!!"

yeah, I was one of those that you and your friend Dime kicked last night on an office map. It was on Hal's playground server. I came this close to emailing them and telling them what had happened, but I decided not to be a b*tch about it. You should play on a private server if you don't want anybody else to join...

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I'm too nice with this. I don't take their weapon for keeps. I either leave it or give it to them. I'll usually remind them it's there. One time on Office, a demo died on 3rd floor and dropped M32. I was firebug, I dropped my flamethrower picked up his gun aimed out the window and dropped it down to parking lot so he gets it right when he spawns. Then I pick my flamer back up.

But I was new to the game then, so I don't know if I did something wrong by doing that.

When I die and someone steals my scar, I just do nothing. Because i'm there the specimen are stronger and there are more of them. But I don't do anything but run and avoid damage. And once that one team member dies, I take my gun back, or his gun. If we lose and I die I don't mind, I' used to losing.

Upvote 0
yeah, I was one of those that you and your friend Dime kicked last night on an office map. It was on Hal's playground server. I came this close to emailing them and telling them what had happened, but I decided not to be a b*tch about it. You should play on a private server if you don't want anybody else to join...

seriously? thats really messed up.

Upvote 0
if vote kicking is enabled, too bad :p
sure why bother running your own game, when you could waste public slots that don't belong to you :confused:

those who want their own kiddie clan sessions should pay some rent, I would want to know if a couple of little b*tch kids were emptying my server just to occupy it for themselves. let it slide and pretty soon they'll be the only ones left to play on it, would you keep going back to an unmodded server that constantly kicks legit players?

Upvote 0
I think it works fine the way it is now, if you die with a good weapon or just leave a weapon because of something else, tell people that you'd be glad if no one took it. Works perfectly fine most of the times for me. But there are a lot of arrogant players, like on the rest of the internet.

As long as no one's doing like defragen1 I'm pretty fine. (People doing like that should have perm-ban on internet-.-). Even though it is pretty amusing to enter the clanserver just to get kicked and join again as spec adminlogin>adminsay>ban.

The thing that bothers me most on random servers (all servers) is that people generally don't write how much money they need, so if you've got 400 over and there's 3 new players, you don't know how much they need each. I always give to low levels primary though since they have more expensive guns^^.

Upvote 0
Leaving player's weapon on floor as it is, or pick it up and give it back to him/her, so they don't waste time going pick weapon is one of the manners in the killing floor.

It's about communicating with team. If you can't even make teammate give back your weapon, how you even expect to win game?

Not letting other players pick up your weapon would be way too selfish and rude. Mostly if other players pick my gun, they use it and give it back (straight) to me. Experienced players knows, that without gun and money, you gonna be useless (suicidal), so it easier/cheaper to give your gun back.

Perhaps gun stealing might happen on normal or hard difficulties, since players not experienced much in game and doesn't think much about his/her teammates. Best thing to do here, is pretty much just type "give me back my gun on wave end, please."
If you gonna shout in mic "**** **** *** **** **** you ***** noob, give me the **** back my ****** gun", I would not expect him to give it back. So politeness would win here.

However, yes, there jerks and trolls in game, who possibly have fun playing on teammates nerves. Stealing their guns and selling them. I just ignore those people. I'd rather go sharpshooter, get old-good crossbow for 400 and help team by sniping big buggers.

Upvote 0
When I die and I see my beautiful SCAR on the ground I just shrug and dig out the ol' Winchester. That said and more often than not someone always picks it up and says "Gus I got your gun" or words to that effect. Which is a nice gesture that I appreciate. I certainly don't expect it and I never ask for it. Personally seeing people begging in chat for their gun is embarrassing "plz plz get my ebr. plz" etc. I like to see the team dynamic broken up in latter waves when people lose their powerful guns anyway. Adds to the KF challenge.

Upvote 0
When I die and I see my beautiful SCAR on the ground I just shrug and dig out the ol' Winchester. That said and more often than not someone always picks it up and says "Gus I got your gun" or words to that effect. Which is a nice gesture that I appreciate. I certainly don't expect it and I never ask for it. Personally seeing people begging in chat for their gun is embarrassing "plz plz get my ebr. plz" etc. I like to see the team dynamic broken up in latter waves when people lose their powerful guns anyway. Adds to the KF challenge.

What's wrong with asking for your gun back? Granted I've never had to beg for it but there's nothing wrong with asking for it and it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to give it back.

This might be level dependant though, I play suicidal where money is hard to come by and often even in a ten round game you can only get the money to buy the most expensive stuff once. If I die on round seven the chances of me being able to buy another SCAR are nil and I'd be useless for the rest of the game if my team mates did't return my gun.

When it comes down to it I believe (and it appears nearly everyone on suicidal agrees) that the gun belongs to the person who paid for it.

Upvote 0