• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Importing Staic meshes with multiple textures?

shadowwill

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
So here the thing i need to do. I have a static mesh of a building with a large chunk taken out by a bomb blast or something. I need to be able to apply 3 textures to it in the editor, in display>skins. I have done this with many official static meshes, for example i can mix and match textures by adding a different skin in the display settings of the mesh. SO with this building, I need to be able to apply 3 textures, one concrete or brick for the exterior, one texture for the broken part of the wall and one texture for the interior. Would anyone be able to lend assistance here?

Cheers,

I dont think you can apply multiple textures like this to a mesh made in unreal ed, I do it in an 3d Program, then importing it to unreal ed let me apply that much textures I chose in the program.

Edit: Isnt Fel right? If you convert your mesh to an bsp you can apply all the textures you want and convert it back to mesh..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what program you used to make the building but the way i do it is as follows. I use maya, so if i were to apply 3 textures to my model i would make 3 materials in maya and then assign them to the faces i want them on. Once i got it looking right in maya, i export it to unrealed. Once it goes into unrealed and you look at the static mesh you'll see that it has three material slots in the mesh info. Now whatever you put in those slots will affect the uv's you mapped them for so that's all you need to do.

Upvote 0