• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Compilation: Firebug weapon ideas.

I second the flare suggestion. Something that will light up these stupid areas where the flashlight doesn't work so you can see what the hell is going on. I never play bedlam because I don't find it very fun when a map is pitch black and your flashlight is completely useless, as if the environment is made out of antimatter.

Upvote 0
To make a comment on all the "flare gun," "can of hairspray," etc ideas... even to some extent including my idea on making Firebug grenade launcher ammo incendiary, which was before I had thought enough about the problem...

The Firebug's problem is not completely new, but it has been made worse by the release of the new weapons for the other damage-dealers. That's not the root cause, but it made it a lot worse: The perks the FB was already sometimes struggling to compete with got a bunch of powerful primary weapon upgrades.

This is why the Firebug does not need a side-arm or a side-grade. He needs a bigger, better primary weapon.

That means a more powerful, higher damage version of a flamethrower. Or upgrade his current flamethrower to do more damage, have more AOE and burning, etc. Nothing less than this will "fix" the Firebug.

Only after this does he also need more viable options for secondary weapons. The "side-grade" ideas, like incendiary grenade launcher ammo are not a fix, but they can help. In short, like all the other perks already have, he needs options. But mainly, just like all the other perks got with their recent buff, the Firebug needs more damage on his primary weapon.

Upvote 0
hrmm technically there exists a small grenade round for the aa12... :D

My opinion for the firebug would be an old ww2 style backpack flamer with no reload, heavy, powerfull and jawdroppignly kickass

1up :D

except firbug would be susceptible to the hazard of being exploded if he took a hit to the containers. lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1up :D

except firbug would be susceptible to the hazard of being exploded if he took a hit to the containers. lol

This is a common misconception. The main danger to a soldier with a flamethrower was that enemy snipers, etc, would focus their fire on him, not because they "blew up," but because burning people to death is such a horrific way to kill. This is also why generally no soldiers on either side using a flamethrower were captured alive. The unspoken rule was to simply shoot them, even if they had their hands up, in retaliation. The whole "they blow up immediately if you shoot em" is mostly Hollywood fabrication...

Upvote 0