• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Left 4 Dead 2 Announced

lol, awesome...

can anyone who has the full game tell something good about it?

i always wanted to get it sooner or later since i liked l4d pretty much, but now i played the demo and i'm disappointed by the gameplay.
it feels weak and just like the first l4d only a tad less good. all the additions sounded awesome on paper but when i played it...hmm. it doesn't feel "right" or polished as the first.
maybe it's the level which i find mediocre.

all in all i don't get why it couldn't have been an addition to l4d and when i understand the people in this thread right others think the same.

so, how is the rest of the game? what are the good parts?

I'd read the entire thread, in addition to the following:

1) The demo campaign is the most boring and easiest of the 5 (except for the finale).
2) Just like the first game (and any co-op game for that matter), play it with people you know
3) Some of the achievments make the game fun (scary thought, eh?) Rescuing Gnome Chompski is a *****+1/2
4) I felt exactly the same about the guns in the demo. They felt like crap and the viewmodels stunk. Once you get to playing, you'll realize the melee weapons are the way to go and all the weapons have their merits.
5) The frag/fire round packs are quite nice, especially for tanks and witches.
6) Hard Rain is worth the price of admission. The environmental effects and tense nature are impressive (not to mention trying to navigate a cornfield in the midst of a hurricane at night).
7) Realism-mode is quite entertaining. Especially if you die in a pile of zombie gibs...and your teammates have to hunt to find you. And zombies can have both arms shot off, a .50 cal hole in their chest...and they keep coming.
8) There is no eighth thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The campaign mode is not very interesting. Even with friends. Realism is a bit better, but you can't do this on pub servers since a mic is essential (You don't see auras of items and other characters through walls and no names pop up).

L4D2 really shines in Versus mode or Scavenge mode. Both are surprisingly fun with the new infected being a blast to play. No more boring lever events with closet camping thanks to the spitter & charger. Survivors are a lot easier to kill and their progress is rewarded in the scoring (reaching the safehouse is no longer all that matters). This change removes most of the frustration when playing against a better team.

This is a big step up from L4D which I think is already a great game. I don't think I will look back. Only having to pay full price again is a bit unfair.

Upvote 0
So I'm very tempted to buy the game as it's 37$ right now, but demo really left a bad taste for me. I'm not really a fan of L4D, I played a few versus at my friend's and it was fun but nothing special. Though, I heard the first one didn't have enough content/weapons but this one does.

Hype me up TWI forums.

Upvote 0
For that price i'd say get it.
L4D gives plenty of fun moments when playing with friends, even more so when you get bumraped on highest difficulty.
Sometimes you become so hopelessly outnumbered/split up/etc that all you can do is just laugh about it.
Losing never was very frustrating to me in L4D because the ways in which it happened, your just like 'how the hell was i supposed to go through that' with a big :D.

Upvote 0