• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Christmas Wishlist

therajuncajun

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Wanted my own thread for it so people can expand on the ideas:

kfchristmas.jpg

Bug Fixes-

• Slow connection to servers (Waiting screen)
  • Inability to connect for some users
  • Random level 0 perk bug
  • Connect as spectate/can't switch to active team bug
  • Zeds getting stuck in doorways
  • Grenades exploding prematurely
  • Random seizing of game (stuttering)
  • Improper animations/Debugging
  • Zeds should not be able to attack while stunned by a melee attack
  • Player score should reflect kills and not money.

Tweaks-

• Sharpshooter: M14 ammo reduced drastically, inaccurate fire when not using ironsights (gun bob'n'weave)[Elaboration: After shooting, the laser dot will do a small spasm for ~1sec till perfectly still again. Prevents spamfire of perfect headshots from the hip.]
  • Sharpshooter: Improved ironsights/option of purchasing a scope attachment
  • Demolitions: Pipebombs explode if stacked or within X radius of eachother to prevent spam and player-trippable
  • Medic: See health bar deplete by color (Green healthy -> Yellow Injured -> Red critical)
  • Berserker: Chainsaw decapitations should follow general decapitation rules (Weaker zeds die when decap'd)

Content:

• Dedicated voice for each character
  • Addition of a female character (or two, or three) + non-innuendo voices
  • New mid-game miniboss (Matriarch? Zed spewing tentacle beast/hive queen)
  • Progressive story campaign showing how this all happened
  • New trader model/voice to better fit theme of game (Hooker selling weapons? Say whuuu?)
  • Throwable glowsticks that give a small luminescence to dark areas (similar to neon lights in Bedlam)
  • Servers should have a clear display of Current Round of Total Rounds and all mutators active.

Perk content:

• Medic- Riot shield to protect self while healing (Breaks, but +durability for medic)
  • Commando- EMP decloaking nades (Stuns zeds in radius and removes cloak on stalkers/Patriarch)
  • Firebug- Flare pistol with explosive rounds (Shoot single target, shell explodes igniting nearby zeds and causing splash damage from shrapnel)

Last edited:
Possibly the best suggestion thread I've seen.

Thank you, good sir, for a color-coded gift for my mind.

Love all of them! EVERY single one!

The only thing I'd add is World Model Player/Gun stuff fixed up a bit, (reloads, firing, walking, etc...) updated and de-bugged a little.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mall Santa player model
bug fixes, ect. ect.
firebug/zerker buff

• bring the chainsaw back to its former gory glory
sharpshooter nerf
fix EBR iron sights(just a bit)
more medic gun ammo/faster reload(just seems not to last very long)
unique player model voices(gets annoying when i hear 'reloading' several times in the same exact voice)
better looking/sounding trader(current voice i find horrible)
different trader models(maybe)

that's it for now, maybe i can think of some other things later

Upvote 0
Agree to the following:

Sharpshooter: M14 ammo reduced drastically -- 200 rounds instead of 300 Medic: See health bar deplete by color (Green healthy -> Red critical) -- should match text color of player menu: green-yellow-red
Firebug- Flare pistol with explosive rounds (Shoot single target, shell explodes igniting nearby zeds and causing splash damage from shrapnel) -- agree on flaregun but disagree on splash damage, should hit one target only but do double flamethrower damage, ideal for scrakes/FPs
Commando- EMP decloaking nades (Stuns zeds in radius and removes cloak on stalkers/Patriarch) -- decloaking has extremely limited use, better to stun + damage with normal nade or kill stalkers w/ bullpup, although the stun can be VERY powerful against tough zeds and large groups, halting a whole wave in tight quarters, should be further considered)
Buff MP7 -- 120% clip size and 25% faster reload for lvl 6 Medic (still not better than bullpup, but adequate for use as Medic's primary defensive weapon against weaker zeds)

Disagree to the following:

Sharpshooter: inaccurate fire when not using ironsights (gun bob'n'weave) -- The shot should go where the laser is, and the gun should only sway while moving, otherwise would be infuriating to headshot
Sharpshooter: Improved ironsights/option of purchasing a scope attachment -- Would make M14 OP, it should be different from the xbow and encourage hip firing like it does currently, specialized for close-mid range
Demolitions: Pipebombs explode if stacked or within X radius of eachother to prevent spam and player-trippable -- too easy to kill yourself, especially if unknowledgeable of arbitrary pipe bomb rules.
Berserker: Chainsaw decapitations should be an instant kill on everything except Fleshpound on any difficulty -- should have same decap rules as guns (i.e. scrakes and bloats keep walking unless massive damage hits head)
Medic- Riot shield to protect self while healing (Breaks, but +durability for medic) -- convenient but OP, too good for blocking raged FPs, this should be done at a cost to armor and risk of dismemberment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the whole list but the part about commandos , imo they have enough "skills" to detect stalkers/patriarch to deal with them.

I was suggesting it as a use for letting the whole team see them. All too often I watch people get ripped to shreads by stalkers because I'm not playing commando or I'm reloading my SCAR.

Upvote 0
I was suggesting it as a use for letting the whole team see them. All too often I watch people get ripped to shreads by stalkers because I'm not playing commando or I'm reloading my SCAR.

What, seriously?

I mean, when was working on Commando lv5->6, even a medic started to killsteal my stalkers. And he can perfectly shoot them down, 9mm, 1 shot, 1 kill. That's what I call frustration, when after a whole wave, I killed 9 stalkers.

The only case when they was attacked by stalkers are when they let their guard down, which can happens to every other zed and not just stalker.

However, Patriarch's cloaking device would for sure be disrupted by an EMP grenade, so that could be a nice compliment to the lovin' farther.

Upvote 0
What, seriously?

I mean, when was working on Commando lv5->6, even a medic started to killsteal my stalkers. And he can perfectly shoot them down, 9mm, 1 shot, 1 kill. That's what I call frustration, when after a whole wave, I killed 9 stalkers.

The only case when they was attacked by stalkers are when they let their guard down, which can happens to every other zed and not just stalker.

However, Patriarch's cloaking device would for sure be disrupted by an EMP grenade, so that could be a nice compliment to the lovin' farther.

Definitely a main implication for it. But we were playing suicidal on West London, the medic was busy keeping the beserker alive while I ran trash detail on the rear. Stalkers kept sneaking up on the sharpshooters' sides and 3-4 hits would put them near death. It'd be nice to toss a grenade out in the middle of the group and make those little whores visible so sharpies can handle it on their own.

Upvote 0
Agree to the following:

Sharpshooter: M14 ammo reduced drastically -- 200 rounds instead of 300 Medic: See health bar deplete by color (Green healthy -> Red critical) -- should match text color of player menu: green-yellow-red
(Agreed)
Firebug- Flare pistol with explosive rounds (Shoot single target, shell explodes igniting nearby zeds and causing splash damage from shrapnel) -- agree on flaregun but disagree on splash damage, should hit one target only but do double flamethrower damage, ideal for scrakes/FPs
(Would be too similar to the flaregun in TF2, needs it's own characteristics)
Commando- EMP decloaking nades (Stuns zeds in radius and removes cloak on stalkers/Patriarch) -- decloaking has extremely limited use, better to stun + damage with normal nade or kill stalkers w/ bullpup, although the stun can be VERY powerful against tough zeds and large groups, halting a whole wave in tight quarters, should be further considered)
(The stun effect would have a very small radius and last the same as a bullet hit)
Buff MP7 -- 120% clip size and 25% faster reload for lvl 6 Medic (still not better than bullpup, but adequate for use as Medic's primary defensive weapon against weaker zeds)
(Agreed, but that's why medics should carry a bullpup. It is to be a quick trash cleaner in a bad situation, not a full out weapon.)

Disagree to the following:

Sharpshooter: inaccurate fire when not using ironsights (gun bob'n'weave) -- The shot should go where the laser is, and the gun should only sway while moving, otherwise would be infuriating to headshot
(The laser should not be so steady from the hip. Hipfiring is the worst possible way to fire a weapon if accuracy is important.)

Sharpshooter: Improved ironsights/option of purchasing a scope attachment -- Would make M14 OP, it should be different from the xbow and encourage hip firing like it does currently, specialized for close-mid range
(Once again, if they want headshots easily, they should have to shoulder the rifle and the scope wouldn't be much for zooming. Similar to SCAR.)

Demolitions: Pipebombs explode if stacked or within X radius of eachother to prevent spam and player-trippable -- too easy to kill yourself, especially if unknowledgeable of arbitrary pipe bomb rules.
(Players get away with spamming pipe bombs in a small area and decimating everything including the Patriarch. Seeing as they're proximity, ANYTHING in motion near it should set it off. This includes players. Only the owner would take damage in non-FF servers.)

Berserker: Chainsaw decapitations should be an instant kill on everything except Fleshpound on any difficulty -- should have same decap rules as guns (i.e. scrakes and bloats keep walking unless massive damage hits head)
(Generally what I meant. Will tweak it.)

Medic- Riot shield to protect self while healing (Breaks, but +durability for medic) -- convenient but OP, too good for blocking raged FPs, this should be done at a cost to armor and risk of dismemberment.
(The shield breaks after so many hits and has a hefty weight requirement so you can only carry an MP7 with it.)

Rebuttal in red.

Upvote 0
I'm digging the riot shield idea because I'm an almost all-time medic and in it for the healing, not the speed bonus. I think that the riot shield should be a hefty weight, but it should have the stun-gun implant that most riot shields have these days. So when people bump them they get a nice shock. Well if you just ran through a hall of Zeds you could push them to the sides as you charge through, shocking them a bit and disorienting them, maybe giving them the same activity as when they're on fire (i.e. running around waving arms manically) so they don't attack and so that you can clear a hall running everyone through. This would also be useful for Zerks. And since berserkers and medics have alot of the same skillset, this would make them both more playable.

Upvote 0
I'm digging the riot shield idea because I'm an almost all-time medic and in it for the healing, not the speed bonus. I think that the riot shield should be a hefty weight, but it should have the stun-gun implant that most riot shields have these days. So when people bump them they get a nice shock. Well if you just ran through a hall of Zeds you could push them to the sides as you charge through, shocking them a bit and disorienting them, maybe giving them the same activity as when they're on fire (i.e. running around waving arms manically) so they don't attack and so that you can clear a hall running everyone through. This would also be useful for Zerks. And since berserkers and medics have alot of the same skillset, this would make them both more playable.

While I like the idea of a stun, I think pushing them aside and paralyzing them temporarily is very overpowered. At the most, if they hit your shield they should have a brief stun and knockback animation like when you shoot a zed in the chest with a weak gun. This would keep trash mobs from tearing your shield up really fast. It would serve as a very useful tool for medics to cover themselves while they heal, and for berserkers to cover their retreat once they get overwhelmed to be healed.

Upvote 0
Nice, but I don't see ANY of those except maybe the bugfixes being put into the game...

Why not? TWI wants to keep this game alive for a long time, so they'll keep adding content until it's bulging at the seams and requires a second game to continue expanding. Each major update, they'd release a DLC and that's some major money from the dedicated fans to keep the company alive. Shortly after the Level Up! update, a moderator slyly hinted of an even larger, very interesting content update in the works that they said we're going to love. As for the tweaks, they're absolutely necessary if anyone is going to continue playing this long-term as right now the only perks new players will find interest in are Sharpie, Support and Commando, maybe some Demo's. If they successfully balance perks, add new game modes and make it overall stunning with a high immersion level, this game will sell like hotcakes to those who haven't bought it yet and keep the fans buying up their DLC.

Upvote 0
What I was getting at with the riot shield was that I think running down, for instance, a Biotics Lab hallway when pinned down at the trader trying to get back to the U-Room, a Medic could run down the hallway first with the taser-infused riot shield (yes, they exist and are commonly used) held up in an offensive position, and charge down the hall, pushing Zeds to the side and/or knocking them over while Berserkers clean up the weaklings and whoever is in the back uses their Demolitions guns, Shotguns, Rifles, etc. to take down the baddies while the medic clears a path for them to run through, disorienting the Zeds a bit for a bonsai sprint.

I think it's a realistic thing, just kind of ramming your way through. Maybe the shield could have batteries or something, so the power dies. That's when you've gotta buy ammo for it. I think it's a PERFECT addition to Medic. The Berserker would then be the secondary line of defense, making sure anything the Medic misses gets cleared with a chainsaw/katana/etc.

Upvote 0