• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Multistorey

Yep. I didn't get a single FPS clanger even in the hotspot areas with a full load of advancing bots.

I didn't drop below 40 during sustained battles with a full load of bots in the most render heavy areas and would generally be running a minimum of 65 in hotspot areas with few bots. (Nvidia 9600GT)

hotspots.jpg

The only clanger I had was hitting one of these when running down the ramps. Running up and across is fine but running down in the darker zones and hitting this head on takes your breath away.

clank.jpg

The only extras I can think of (and something I totally forgot to do for CarryOnUp) is zone the traders, and maybe the staircases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks arramus,

I appreciate the time it has taken to post the screenshots etc. I am going to try changing the stairs to static meshes, just to tidy up that area. I will also try again to zone the areas you suggested. I am guessing I did it wrong the first time I tried it. If I can get that working, I will be able to start adding the detail I am hoping for.

Just to mention, I usually play on Hard level, and the map was tweaked to make it difficult on that level of play. If anyone tries this on Normal level, with level 1 or 2 players, let me know if the difficulty is okay.

Thanks for the updates.

Upvote 0
Who broke the news to Waffle about his car?

LOLZ.... Waffle still doesn't know... :)

I have a load more detail for the next (and probably final) version of this map. FPS was the main thing I was sorting, as there were a few areas where the FPS was dropping for a few of the testers with lower end PC's, so good to hear the frames are staying high now.

I inadvertantly introduced a couple of errors while I was doing the last few changes, so I will fix these up and get it looking more glamourous...

Upvote 0
Been a few years since I worked on this map. Thought it was time to put out another beta of it. Beta 5 can now be downloaded from :-

[url]http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/78290006/file.html[/URL]

It has been a couple of years since I worked on this map, and I decided to revisit it in the last week, to give it a little update. Hope you like.

[url]http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/78290006/file.html[/URL]

lol what's the difference apart from the year of being 4 years difference? It's the same link and version.

Upvote 0
Hehe FluX.

I edited my original post and put in the new Zippyshare link as well, just so that folks can get the download from the first post...

I should have left the original link in my first post, and just put an additional line for the Beta 5. I never noticed it had been 4 years since I worked on this map.. yikes! Time flies too fast!

Upvote 0
Hehe FluX.

I edited my original post and put in the new Zippyshare link as well, just so that folks can get the download from the first post...

I should have left the original link in my first post, and just put an additional line for the Beta 5. I never noticed it had been 4 years since I worked on this map.. yikes! Time flies too fast!
That would explain everything lol. Yeah I now have been in KF for like 4 years so I know time flies :p Nice to see some returning to KF in some way.

Upvote 0