• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scar Is Screwed Up!

You've gotta count in the fact that the AA-12 can hit multiple targets and that the Supporter's damage bonus applies to every pellet...

The end result is that against groups, the AA-12's DPS takes off to an insane amount. But against single targets (Especially with mostly headshots!) the SCAR has pretty much the highest DPS in the game!

Every pellet is still only a fraction of the total damage, which means support damage bonus works just the same as the commando's. Also, it's a lot easier to miss with half your pellets on the AA, than with single-bullet rifles.

On the other hand, with weapons like the SCAR around, the AA hardly even gets a chance to hit multiple targets up close... so why bother with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every pellet is still only a fraction of the total damage, which means support damage bonus works just the same as the commando's. Also, it's a lot easier to miss with half your pellets on the AA, than with single-bullet rifles.

On the other hand, with weapons like the SCAR around, the AA hardly even gets a chance to hit multiple targets up close... so why bother with it.

Ah, but you can't forget penetration. If a group is nice and bunched up (say, in a hallway or through a doorway), the AA12 beats every other weapon for sheer effectiveness and damage output hands down. On the other hand, the SCAR gets a LOT more effective range and single target effectiveness. Everything is situational.

Upvote 0
On open maps with good visibility, commando and ss definitely rule. On the more enclosed maps like biotics lab and foundry it's great to have a couple support guys.

The SCAR is a masterpiece. Everything about it is glorious and magnificent. The SCAR is a perfect entity, a gleaming ray of godhood among the hellish sooty pit of lead and gore that used to be London. Yea, though the muzzle climbs, this is to teach you to control your fire. Yea, the magazine is short, this is to teach you to reload strategically. Yea, there are many magazines, this is to teach you to kill every malformed abomination you come across, except the Trader. Yea, the Trader is spared for she furnishes you with the holy SCAR and the ammunition it asks of you. Yea, the cost is high, this is to make you appreciate the SCAR and what it does for you.

Go now, with this wisdom, let thy Bullpup guide you to the heads of those who would harm you, and when thy need increases and your funds allow, glory in the SCAR and try to be worthy of the perfection bestowed upon you.

That made my day. I love you man.

And yes, when you get lvl 6 commando your recoil reduction jumps from 30% to 40% so you can tame the SCAR beast on full auto spray. Just crouch, aim, drag the mouse down and annihilate everything in front of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey I just got done purchasing and trying the scar for the first time and I don't know it just those not feel like the most effiecent gun in Killing Floor. Now for everyone who knows about the scar, it is NOT a cheap gun, at all (unless you got the lvl 3> Commando) and honestly I think it's a waste of pounds.

First of all the recoil is HORRIBLE with automatic... the gun litterly spazzes out after you shoot for half a second! Now with semi-automatic it is alright recoil but honestly who wants to be always clicking their mouse; it's a ASSAULT rifle not a SNIPER rifle.

Next, the ammo for it is dissapointing. Sure it has a good number of clips but 22 shots per clip?! The Bullpup has 40 shots per clip and I can buy it for about 280 pounds.

I don't recommend using the Scar because it's just not the fast paced weapon that belongs in this game. The weapon acts like the crossbow strong weapons and fire slowly but the Crossbow is suppose to fire slowly while the Scar is a assault rifle and suppose to fire rapidly and at the same time have a good recoil. Commandos... stick to the bullpup and the AK

:mad:dog1142

In automatic fire mode, you want to be dragging your aim down and compensating the left to right "sway" that tends to happen.

A game that in my opinion helps you practice this is CS:S (Counterstrike Source), using primarily the AK47 (it tends to have the most sway/recoil ingame) next to the M249 Para.

Try leaving all but 1 zed alive. While doing that, find a well-lit wall and practice your recoil compensation.

Although hard, it is possible to go fully automatic and score 95% headshots on a mid-range, rushing Skrake to Fleshpound while firing from the hip.

Of course that number will vary depending on the recoil/sway pattern (not sure if there are different patterns such as that seen in CS:S).

Just keep practicing and trying it out.

Semi auto is good in some situations, but fully automatic still allows you the option of shooting single rounds while also having maxmum firerate if you need it...

Upvote 0
Range > penetration.

Not always. In a situation where the specimens are coming back-to-back en-masse, the SCAR will have to chew through the ones in front to even hit the ones in the back, whereas the AA-12 will hit ALL OF THEM, including ones off to the sides! You just can't beat it's effectiveness in those situations.

That's not even mentioning that the SCAR's 25-round clip will be gone in a few seconds of sustained fire and the reload, even for a Commando, is lengthy!

The SCAR dominates where specimens are scattered. 1-shot, move on. The only thing that can match it is the M-14's headshots, but even they fall short of 'Bust out' potential. Flip that SCAR to full auto and almost nothing is gonna stand up to a full clip!

Upvote 0
The SCAR is a masterpiece. Everything about it is glorious and magnificent. The SCAR is a perfect entity, a gleaming ray of godhood among the hellish sooty pit of lead and gore that used to be London. Yea, though the muzzle climbs, this is to teach you to control your fire. Yea, the magazine is short, this is to teach you to reload strategically. Yea, there are many magazines, this is to teach you to kill every malformed abomination you come across, except the Trader. Yea, the Trader is spared for she furnishes you with the holy SCAR and the ammunition it asks of you. Yea, the cost is high, this is to make you appreciate the SCAR and what it does for you.

Go now, with this wisdom, let thy Bullpup guide you to the heads of those who would harm you, and when thy need increases and your funds allow, glory in the SCAR and try to be worthy of the perfection bestowed upon you.

Wow somebodys been watching too much Lord of the Rings

Upvote 0
On open maps with good visibility, commando and ss definitely rule. On the more enclosed maps like biotics lab and foundry it's great to have a couple support guys.

True this. All perks have their native environment in which they work best and shine above the rest. It's all about picking the right class for the job. That said, I do find myself going back to commando and the SCAR even though I've leveled everything to level 6. Its sheer power is great in close and also isn't a slouch at picking off heads from 150m away.

Upvote 0
The SCAR-H is not an assault rifle.
It's a battle rifle.
It fires full size rifle rounds, rather than the intermediate rounds assault rifles fire.
The larger rounds obviously have the effects of more firepower, more recoil, and less magazine capacity.

This is all well represented in KF's SCAR, and it's a very useful weapon, on par with the AA12 and M14 in my opinion. (but then again the laser dot never shows up on my M14 so I can't exactly judge it fairly [yes, I'm using the alt fire correctly and the fading beam shows, but not the dot. Would my low graphical settings cause this?])

You just need to learn to use short bursts or single shots where they're necessary, and manage the recoil when fullauto is necessary. If you want accurate automatic spamming, go use the bullpup. The extra firepower the SCAR provides does and should come at a price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The SCAR-H is not an assault rifle.
It's a battle rifle.
It fires full size rifle rounds, rather than the intermediate rounds assault rifles fire.
The larger rounds obviously have the effects of more firepower, more recoil, and less magazine capacity.

This is all well represented in KF's SCAR, and it's a very useful weapon, on par with the AA12 and M14 in my opinion. (but then again the laser dot never shows up on my M14 so I can't exactly judge it fairly [yes, I'm using the alt fire correctly and the fading beam shows, but not the dot. Would my low graphical settings cause this?])

I had that same problem after I lowered my graphics settings. Turns out you have to enable "Projectors" in advanced video options to see the laser sight. Happy hunting.

Upvote 0
Just found a cool video of the AA12 even tho it has nothing to do with this thread

Uggghh, god damn you Future Weapons. Now deploying my own homemade copypasta I break out whenever that awful, awful video is posted.

"Very few have been designed from the ground up for military puposes that is... until now."

I'm sorry?

Benelli M-series? SPAS? Neostead 2000? Armsel Striker? Pancor Jackhammer?

"It's a gun that could end up re-writing the rules... of urban warfare".

Hyperbole much? That is, if it even gets adopted (more on that later).

"That is... until now."
"Shotgun for the 21st century"
"...was originally designed in the 70s"

Do you even watch your own show before airing it, Mack?

"Probably the most powerful weapon in the world"

DOHOHO

"There is no way that anybody in 200 yards could face this weapon and survive it"

...200 yards? You sure about that, Captain Hyperbole?

"Titanium alloy heavy shot"
"Titanium"
"Heavy"

lol wut.

"I'm not gonna take his word for it, I'm going to the range"

<he then tests out a supposedly 200-yard weapon at less than 20 yards>

"It's virtually totally recoilless"

BETTER GET ON REWRITING NEWTON'S THIRD LAW THEN

For the record, it doesn't look like it recoils much because it weighs 15.5 pounds loaded.

"7 different types of stainless steel... making it practically maintenance and lubrication free"

OH ****, SEVEN?! I had no idea that the number of different kinds of materials dictated maintenance reqs, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Aaaaand, immediately after that, at 4:00... it jams.

Anyway, I find it laughable that anyone thinks this thing will actually be adopted in any large numbers, or even any small numbers...

It's a solution to a non-existent problem. No one needs a shotgun that weighs as much as an LMG; shotguns are almost entirely used in the military for door-breaching and room clearing, and carbines are perfectly adequate for the latter.

Weight of a SAW, effective range of a breaching shotgun, penetrative ability of a pistol, capacity of a battle rifle, appearance of a 2x4...

I think I'll pass.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0