• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Brave Friendly Fire Servers?

We had a zerker on last night I'd never met who would crouch with the team using a bullpup until a big guy would turn up then he'd go forward and chop it up. Players would shoot round him or horror of horrors actually check their fire and wait.

And also chopped heads off in case if people were reloading and some ugly specimen got too close, basically acting as last line defence\support and taking down\tanking the big guys while everyone else shot the other threats that were incoming.

As ridiculous as it might sound for non-FF player (and the fact it requires patience for the player itself to play something that is not highly active role), FF requires diffrent mindset and approach then linedancing competition in front of enemies and throwing nades (or shooting them) everytime there's crawlers behind someone ;)

Upvote 0
Playing with FF on is great. Actually, I've never played KF retail without 100% friendly fire. Nor in public servers. Coop games are most enjoyable with friends.

Our demoman has never teamkilled anyone in normal games, only a couple of times in Poundamonium! games. Pipebombs everywhere, fun times. :D Teamkills by Firebug (someone walking near line of fire, fire spreading) and Sharpshooter (xbow + low visibility) are way more common.

Upvote 0
In the end I found it so hard to find a decent ff server that I got my own. I've seen mention of it a few times on this forum, it's the only 100% ff server I've ever seen come to think of it.

It tends it attracts a different quality of player too, not your average squeaky-voiced bunny-hopping rambos who always drop the dreaded n-word and just care about their kill count. Of course there's always some, but the ban list is getting pretty huge now and always growing.

Play as a team, cretins will be banned ;)

I just played on Murdergrounds if that is your server? Anyways 2 level 6 players joined asked for money and said thanks on the mic. Then when next wave started one guy tked me and said "oops sorry!" in an very trollish way.

I will stick to non-ff servers. Or if some of the admins would add me on steam and I could join in when they are playing.

Btw here are the guys maybe you recognize them and can ban em next time:
*edited
PM me for their nicks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bunnyhopping has saved my arse countless times. It serves as a remainder of older Quake and UT games and as a tactic that if used properly can just give you that split-second time frame you need to finish your reload animation, jump out of a gorefast's reach and shoot him.
So let me hear no more ****e about bunnyhopping alright? ;)

If you're running around on your own then sure, bunnyhopping can help you avoid that clot grabbing you. But on a ff server, you'll either get shot by one of your mates with the best intentions of trying to help you or they'll just hold their fire for fear of catching you in the head with that hollow point. Not running around like a headless chicken and crouching will let people cover you much more easily. After all, it is a co op game not a six man solo experience like team deathmatches on those games ;)

I just played on Murdergrounds if that is your server? Anyways 2 level 6 players joined asked for money and said thanks on the mic. Then when next wave started one guy tked me and said "oops sorry!" in an very trollish way.

I will stick to non-ff servers. Or if some of the admins would add me on steam and I could join in when they are playing.

Btw here are the guys maybe you recognize them and can ban em next time:

Yeah Murder Grounds is my server, unfortunately there are always a few griefers whether it's a ff server or not and there can't always be an admin on to sort it out.

Gusone did make an appearance once, in fact I meant to ask him if he would share his ban list to make a pre emptive strike but I never got around to it. Maybe we should start a ban list to throw around the ff servers - play like a smeg head on one, banned on all :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tonight, I was playing on Farm with a couple of friends, and I didn't know FF was on (We were on our Dedicated server that's usually non-FF). We got to the Patriarch with no problem, I was a Medic the whole time. I switched to Sharpshooter, grabbed a Crossbow and Dual Handcannons, and went up to the top of the barn building, near the riverbed, with the chessboard. Anyway, Patty came on up the stairs and started wailing on my mates, so I whipped out the Dualies and went to town on him, and when he cloaked and ran to heal, both of them were dead. They were laughing so hard, they were crying, and I felt like crap.

I ended up putting a Crossbow Bolt through his head while he was cloaked and killing him, it was pretty awesome, but still, I think I'll be more careful in a FF server next time.

Upvote 0
I stopped playing friendly fire because of my bad experiances with it. First time in some idiot with a cross bow on Shopping Mall trying to ninja kills from the other end of the hallway killed 4 team mates in 1 round. Then the next round killed another 3. When confronted he decided to kill everyone that was complaining during the trade session. After that I avoid it.

Upvote 0
I stopped playing friendly fire because of my bad experiances with it. First time in some idiot with a cross bow on Shopping Mall trying to ninja kills from the other end of the hallway killed 4 team mates in 1 round. Then the next round killed another 3. When confronted he decided to kill everyone that was complaining during the trade session. After that I avoid it.

Why didn't you gang up on him and shoot him back or try vote kicking? Or write his name down and PM the server admin. People power...

Upvote 0
Why didn't you gang up on him and shoot him back or try vote kicking? Or write his name down and PM the server admin. People power...

as you posted that, someone came into your server 3 times with different names, and team killed everyone. i reported him to you via message. i had his profile open and i was refreshing it to see what he changed his name to, sure enough he came in again during trader while we were all busy buying stuff, ran in, chainsaw'd the entire team, then he jumped down offices window to spawn, where i nailed him with my AK47, he left and didnt show up again.

Upvote 0
as you posted that, someone came into your server 3 times with different names, and team killed everyone. i reported him to you via message. i had his profile open and i was refreshing it to see what he changed his name to, sure enough he came in again during trader while we were all busy buying stuff, ran in, chainsaw'd the entire team, then he jumped down offices window to spawn, where i nailed him with my AK47, he left and didnt show up again.

That's the spirit. I take a dim view of one on one retalitory TKs but in some instances when there is a deliberate griefer as demonstrated above the best thing for them is everyone gang up and keep putting a bullet in the back of their head until they f-off. Then pm the server admin for something a little more permanent.

Upvote 0
100% FF is very difficult, but very rewarding.

It makes completing a game on Normal seem like an achievement, which in and of itself is a feat. It's also a hell of a lot more fun than playing the game the "conventional" way, which is to say, spraying madly, and being able to single-handedly save your teammates from certain death.

On another note: Bunnyhopping is still viable on an FF server, if people know and understand that you'll always be bunnyhopping backwards, and plan their fire accordingly.

Upvote 0
Lesson 1: Crouch monkeys.

ff_crouch_monkeys.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm not using a FF server again.

Just now I thought "what the hell may make the game more interesting". Turns out not so much. I got in the game and found a flamethrower started using it to flame some zeds and *BAM* some moronic noob head shotted me! I was in the game for about 40 seconds and 30 of them were me finding the rest of the squad.

FF is a good idea to add a bit of spice to the game but as with anything else ever it fails when it's mixed with human stupidity/asshattery. It just gives the griefers one more way to grief.

:mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0