• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scar Is Screwed Up!

Lol when ever I try to go after a FP with the scar I usually A) Get my armor destroyed and my health at 80-69 or B) Die and swear

Same with the Scrakes. like I said don't use it unless your a high commando and as for me I'm lvl 2 commando and I don't have the patience to get 350 stalkers killed and 500K damage.
Well, since you can see their health, shoot scrakes down to a little more than 50% so they don't rage, reload, empty clip to head, scrake safely gone (unless someone else rages it before you could finish reloading. It only gets painful if you have to reload and the scrake is still alive and in your face)
Fleshpounds... Don't be a fool and take those on alone unless you have to.

Soloing fleshies is only reserved for sharpshooters and demomen. And supports who somehow manage to have that much ammo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Comparing two guns, I like M14 more as I can shoot a specimen even they are very far away without aiming with right mouse button. As a result, the m14 laser dot help me very very much in headshotting. And as you say, I think the recoil of SCAR is really ridiculous as a automatic weapon.
On sc servers, SCAR will only leave a lot of headless specimens everywhere while M14 will kill all clots, crawlers, gorefasts, bloats, husks, sirens with a single headshot. Also, the m14 can kill scrakes and fps easily even you are not a sharpshooter. For scrakes, headshot 3 times and than run to him and spam bullets on his face, even you cant kill him instanly, you can stun him and most of the time I dont get hurt
(as a medic, if I am using ss, the scrakes dont even have change to rage).
For fps, headshot him 3 times in a row will enrage him, keep spamming bullets in his head and he is dead before he starts to run (you will need help of teamates on 6-people sc server, but even my teamates cant help me, most of the time I just get hit once and he is dead).
As a result, I prefer the M14 more. (And, both guns seem never run out of bullets...)

On hard servers, I will have Xbow for wave 1, Kanata for wave 2-3, change to commando, have SCAR for wave 4-5 or 6 and change to ss for M14 for wave 7-11. But on sc servers it is not really possible to have both of them as I am 6lv sharpshooter (M14 only $749) and only 2lv commando (SCAR $1750:eek:), so I will only have Kanata and m14.

Upvote 0
The SCAR is a masterpiece. Everything about it is glorious and magnificent. The SCAR is a perfect entity, a gleaming ray of godhood among the hellish sooty pit of lead and gore that used to be London. Yea, though the muzzle climbs, this is to teach you to control your fire. Yea, the magazine is short, this is to teach you to reload strategically. Yea, there are many magazines, this is to teach you to kill every malformed abomination you come across, except the Trader. Yea, the Trader is spared for she furnishes you with the holy SCAR and the ammunition it asks of you. Yea, the cost is high, this is to make you appreciate the SCAR and what it does for you.

Go now, with this wisdom, let thy Bullpup guide you to the heads of those who would harm you, and when thy need increases and your funds allow, glory in the SCAR and try to be worthy of the perfection bestowed upon you.

This.

Upvote 0
Alright, lemme clear up a few things here.

The SCAR in the game is the SCAR-H (H for Heavy), which fires 7.62x51mm NATO. It's a battle rifle, not an assault rifle (which would fire an intermediate round, e.g. the SCAR-L). Given that regular battle rifles are virtually uncontrollable in full auto and the SCAR-H weighs less than those, making it even less controllable, it's no surprise that it works the way it does in-game.

Basically, it's high-power and high-recoil, at least in the game. Why FN bothered to make a battle rifle in the 21st century is still an utter mystery to me (though apparently SOCOM will be using it in a DMR role), considering they're pretty obsolete, being the missing link between bolt-action and self-loading rifles and select-fire assault rifles.

As an aside, anyone else find it funny that the SA-80, the G36, the XM8 and the SCAR are all partly or fully based on the AR-18, a 60s gun? The G36 in particular is basically an AR-18 tarted up with a bunch of plastic and HK-BRAND TEUTONIC MAGIC IMPROVEMENTS that allow a 200% price markup.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
The Scar H was designed by FN so they could sell the Scar L with it. The point being that the troops equiped with the H would provide supressive fire well the troops equiped with the L could flank and finish the job. It fails horribly at its job which is why when the Scar H is being used they have chosen to modify it to be more of a DMR like guy ^ there said.

Upvote 0
i am in love with the scar except sometimes it glitches out on me. i will have it on semi-auto and when i would switch it back to full auto sometimes i would hold down the clicker and it would continuously fire and never run out, but it is shooting blanks. has had me killed a number of times...weird.

Upvote 0
The SCAR is absolutely perfect for its role as the highest commando weapon. Before the update a lvl 5 commando using a bulpup/ak-47 felt ridiculously weak. Now there is a gun that actually does real damage. I feel that they could even have reduced your max carried clips by 3 or so and it would still be great.

7.62x51mm rounds account for the recoil, that is a large bullet. I've shot a few hundred 7.62x39 rounds and it has a fair amount of recoil fired steadily, so I imagine that 7.62x51 has a lot more kick.

Upvote 0
Sweet Cthulu, the SCAR has a higher DPS than the AA12? :eek:

You've gotta count in the fact that the AA-12 can hit multiple targets and that the Supporter's damage bonus applies to every pellet...

The end result is that against groups, the AA-12's DPS takes off to an insane amount. But against single targets (Especially with mostly headshots!) the SCAR has pretty much the highest DPS in the game!

Upvote 0