• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Suggestions for mapping

I will be creating a bunch of maps pretty soon during my vacation. Im taking in any suggestions so i can create a couple maps. Anything helps..

Could you do an Evil Dead cabin in the woods?

Basically, the cabin would be in the center of all the spawns, the doors would be incredibly weak(weld points wise), and the outside would lead to a bridge that's broken(edge of the map)

Everything else would be surrounded by thick trees.

Also, the cabin should have a root cellar where the specimens spawn :)

Please, Please, Please?

You can call it: KF-MaliciousDead

Upvote 0
Could you do an Evil Dead cabin in the woods?

Basically, the cabin would be in the center of all the spawns, the doors would be incredibly weak(weld points wise), and the outside would lead to a bridge that's broken(edge of the map)

Everything else would be surrounded by thick trees.

Also, the cabin should have a root cellar where the specimens spawn :)

Please, Please, Please?

You can call it: KF-MaliciousDead
good one, yea i also like the to make them a little defense oriented. I've made alot of maps for unreal, but i think i got a good start. thanks for the suggestions. i will let ya know they get uploaded

Upvote 0
good one, yea i also like the to make them a little defense oriented. I've made alot of maps for unreal, but i think i got a good start. thanks for the suggestions. i will let ya know they get uploaded

There is no text that I could put on the screen right now that would represent the excitement I'm feeling.

A defense oriented EVIL DEAD map, badass.

Upvote 0
There are a few maps that would be cool to see.

The Construction Tower from Halo 2 would be cool. Would be insaine, cause you could start at the top, and the the big whole in the center will make it fast for the specimens to get to you if you jump at any level. Yes it sounds like offices, but its a constrution zone. It doesnt have to be just like Halo's I was just using that as an example.

A Movie theater with matching spiral parking garage would be funny and cool. Ironic if you had zombie movies play too..lol

Last but not least, a harbor. When I think British, I think Fish and Chips (no offence for the stereo type), but a defense at the harbor would be cool. you could have boats docked and a shipyard with C-trains and everything.

Could just be me, but someone should hire me for all the ideas I give out, but why cause I give them for free here.. haha

Upvote 0
I tried doing a map of an idea i had, but failed miserably without the ability to create meshes i needed.
Kf-NextStop-Death
Which real title would be "Next Stop: Death".
Basic idea is having a really long moving train you play on. If you fall off, you are dead. The Train has all kind of different waggons like personal and industry stuff to keep it varying. The clue is that there are only 2 traders, one at the front and one at the end of the train. It would need to modify the shop a little so it doesnt get selected by random but always switches between front and end. The train would need to be long enough or have blockades and 2 floor waggons to make it impossible to get to the trader in time. This would force the team to move to the other end of the train while a wave is going on!

Upvote 0
The Stanley Hotel, the hotel from "The Shining"{its called The Overlook Hotel in the movie} would be a great map

This

Any horror movie maps really capture the atmosphere.

Resident Evil stuff in particular because of the genetic experimentation concept.

How about the patriarch's personal mansion? It could be done while he was still Kevin and not the monster he is today. He's a scientist working for some shady corporation so he's bound to have a ton of money right?

You could have secret passages, cloning chambers, really upscale corridors, and a ton of references to KF like notes, plans, designs, portraits of his wife and son that the siren and clots are clones of.

You could have a lot of fun with that.

Upvote 0
Maps I have in Progress:

KF-Labryinth

Obviously a maze based map which will be ready for release once i've gotten the scripting right. Trying to make a random script that creates an infiniate amount of different shaped maze possibilies because the maze is constantly changing :eek:.

KF-Crystal-Lake

Based on the Horror Classic "Friday the 13th". Can you survive camp blood?

I'd love to make an Evil Dead map but sadly i've got a ton of maps on the go at the moment. There's just never enough time.

KF-Crystal-Lake-EvilDead.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey.

Hey.

Crystal lake looks cool. My current map has a beta form. Needs some more decorations. It is based off a COD 4 map. Vacant. Used to play a zombie mod on Vacant. Loved it. So I thought one similar with my twist would be cool.

It is basically done other then filling in some rooms with props. Plus testing more for glitches.

KF-StorageDepot

Upvote 0
ah yes I remember vacant not a bad map that one. COD4 has some great maps in it but sadly i find the gameplay repetative.

The worst is when you spawn and then a dozen enemies spawn in front of you so you just hold down the fire button.

crystal lake is comming along nicely and since it'll be finished before barricade i guess your the first guy whos gonna test it, especially since i promised you would be first to try barricade.

Upvote 0