• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team-killing between specimens

outofrealman

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Any one know how it works? Some times when a bloat puke on the other specimens they will give up following me and hit the bloat untill he dies. Sometimes when a rage flesh pound run into a scrake, they hit each other.

It was fun to see one bloat is surrounded by several clots and when the bloat dies the clots are killed by the acid from his stomach.

But do anyone know when they will attack each other and when they will not?

The two most simple ways:

Bloat

A bloat's bile attack is not the whole stream but actually three orbs that fly out of its mouth. These are the projectiles that do the damage. (Next time you see a bloat vomit, pay attention and look for them.) If this hits another specimen, they will attack the Bloat and the Bloat will in turn attack it.

Flesh Pound

When a FP rages, it charges towards its target and steamrolls almost every Zed except for Scrakes and other Flesh Pounds. The basic idea is to put the target player behind a Scrake or another Flesh Pound. When they collide, they should engage one another.

= = = =

The basic idea is that a specimen has to attack another specimen without killing it. They will then fight until one of them is dead. It seems that specimens do reduced damage to one another or something as I've seen a Flesh Pound fight a Bloat (on Hard) for quite some time. This can give you valuable time to escape or regroup.

I have yet to see the Husk's many fireball attacks aggro another specimen onto it though, which is weird. :confused:

Upvote 0
The two most simple ways:

Bloat

A bloat's bile attack is not the whole stream but actually three orbs that fly out of its mouth. These are the projectiles that do the damage. (Next time you see a bloat vomit, pay attention and look for them.) If this hits another specimen, they will attack the Bloat and the Bloat will in turn attack it.

Flesh Pound

When a FP rages, it charges towards its target and steamrolls almost every Zed except for Scrakes and other Flesh Pounds. The basic idea is to put the target player behind a Scrake or another Flesh Pound. When they collide, they should engage one another.

= = = =

The basic idea is that a specimen has to attack another specimen without killing it. They will then fight until one of them is dead. It seems that specimens do reduced damage to one another or something as I've seen a Flesh Pound fight a Bloat (on Hard) for quite some time. This can give you valuable time to escape or regroup.

I have yet to see the Husk's many fireball attacks aggro another specimen onto it though, which is weird. :confused:

Yeah, the Husk's attacks don't trigger other ZEDs' vengeance. I always stand out of the Husk's firing angle by positioning myself with specimens in between us(when I'm support or a short-ranged perk).

I've been unwittingly saved by the FP-scrake duels several times. It was on West London, and the scrake had just turned the corner from the alleyway, blocking the FP and buying me enough time to headshot both of them.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Husk's attacks don't trigger other ZEDs' vengeance.

Wrong. Other specimens rarely aggro Husks because most specimen tend to go to the closest target and quickly forget targets further away.

Specimens seem to deal greatly reduced friendly fire to each other, but they still do it and occasionally aggro each other, if conditions permit. Attacking humans seems to have a priority in their simple mind.

Upvote 0
I just accomplished having a weakened fleshpound rage and kill himself after running into two bloats. Quite a feat I must say.

Hahaha, would've liked to seen that.

That's an awesome idea for a new achievement. It could be named "Internal Conflict" and the requirement would be to aggravate a Fleshpound and make it kill other specimens.

Upvote 0
Lv 2s who play on Suicidal

Lv 2s who play on Suicidal

And low-levels in general playing the higher difficulties.

With their horrible weapon discounts, I usually try to buy them a weapon and throw it to them instead, can't be done when my own slots are filled though.

Basically we were on 6 man Hard, 4 of us from the early waves. 2 of them were noobs who ran out to die, so they left holding onto a fair bit of money. No matter, me and the other guy have saved a combined 4k+ between us. Next wave, 4 people have joined. Me and the other guy proceed to give out 4k cash between us to the support, 2 commandos and the demo. Guess what those jokers did?

The support bought shotgun and an AK, no armour. The commandos BOTH bought katanas, AND NO ARMOUR. WTF?? The demo bought armour and a Katana.

F***ing retards. If you're not going to use any firearms and want to use the Katana, play Berserker. Even the lvl 0 berserker is a better melee fighter than lvl 300 Commando. They blew our hard-earned cash by rushing out and dying about 30 seconds into the wave, and the 2 of us cleared the 6-man wave by ourselves. Then they start whining and begging for money again, and we stupidly gave out another 3k. KATANAS FTL!!!! Wtf....

And oh, also people who refuse to share cash with later-joiners on Suicidal. It's wave 7, the 2 newly joined SS(both of us lvl 5) are not going to survive with just LAR and pistol....We couldn't even get 150 for a crossbow. They'd rather stock grenades, and the Commandos/Supports were buying pipe bombs for 800!!!!

There were no other SS on that team, so we wiped about 2/3 of the way into the wave. Simply not enough firepower to survive, given our level of skill.

Upvote 0
I once saw a clot attacking the patriarch in when I was dead and looking in spectator mode.
I'm assuming it barely got hit by the splash of a rocket, or it got hit with a couple gatling gun bullets.

And uhh, you know how the clots grab and bite you?
And you know how tall pat is?
The clot's head comes up to about waist height on pat.
Kinda disturbing.
"my children will show you... how much they love me!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I once saw a clot attacking the patriarch in when I was dead and looking in spectator mode.
I'm assuming it barely got hit by the splash of a rocket, or it got hit with a couple gatling gun bullets.

And uhh, you know how the clots grab and bite you?
And you know how tall pat is?
The clot's head comes up to about waist height on pat.
Kinda disturbing.
"my children will show you... how much they love me!"

Oh god, I demand a screenshot!!

Upvote 0