• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vote for KF pre update mod

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Want to start a collection of votes for a KF heavy metal mod...basically everything back to the way it was before the Level-Up update.

Things i miss: limited details...

1. Off center scrake hitbox was way more chellenging, and rewarding when u drop them!
  2. Fp Decap added team work to not enrage and gave light weight players an option.
  3. the art of the deagles and bullpup has been lost..commando is a joke now, scar ftw.
  4. the challenge...its not hard to win with the aa12 or demo class, or the addition of any of the new weapons (personally im a beast with the ebr, and suicidal is no longer even as hard as the old hard mode)
  5. zerker in public games (demo is the new zerk? zerk isnt nearly as much funny anymore)
  6. This game was pretty darn good after the heavy metal update...not so much anymore, over powered, with limited zed uniqueness!
Things that can go away:

1. Demo class...except for the m79 (pipebombs are lame, should have had something remote activated)
  2. Ebr, aa12 and scar (all way too easy even on suicidal)
  3. Massive tech!:mad:
  4. firebug is still the worst class on this game, i know it deals damages but it so boring (stream fire, stream fire, stream fire, throw fire nades, win)
  5. *im going to take heat for this* DAMAGE BONUS FOR ALL CLASSES! (it has ruined the game for me) Sharp ftw, support ftw, and commando ftw
  6. Money showing as score in the server menu (people love joining on wave 7+)
  7. glitching, freezing, underperforming game that KF has become!

Since so many people complained of the best parts about this game (scrake hitboxes, fp decap...the only 2 unique things to the zeds) it has becoming a slugfest for who has the biggest gun, not the best strats and skill! Ebr is a joke...commando didnt need another heavier weapon, IMO this game is a loss now. With additions like massive tech that i never agreed to. And shotty steam Kf page system requirements this game has become to much for itself.

Like cs 1.3 was the best version of counterstrike, build 1006 was the best kf version (imo)...i would like to bring it back! if i had the choice i would ditch all the new update for a rolled back version in a heartbeat! this is no longer a team game but a hail of ammo...and a crap ton of explosions! FF servers are dead.

Im one of the best players at this game, this isnt fun too me or challenging with my favorite weapons! This game has become easy...who wants to see a rollback mod?

only thing I really agree with is the cash value showing in their game state queries, there must be some way for them to swap kills with cash as the score. all queries for score just fetch the cash value, which is meaningless in this game. for example gametracker, which tracks players for so many dedicated servers here, base their entire ranking system on the score and time played using the cash values, it's totally innacurate.

at the very least they should release details on how to query the server through gamespy protocol based on killcount, besides webadmin for 3rd parties and even their own server browser. I had an open discussion with one of the devs over at gametracker, they said they would make this change as soon as we could provide info on how to do it.

Upvote 0
Want to start a collection of votes for a KF heavy metal mod...basically everything back to the way it was before the Level-Up update.

Things i miss: limited details...

1. Off center scrake hitbox was way more chellenging, and rewarding when u drop them!
  2. Fp Decap added team work to not enrage and gave light weight players an option.
  3. the art of the deagles and bullpup has been lost..commando is a joke now, scar ftw.
  4. the challenge...its not hard to win with the aa12 or demo class, or the addition of any of the new weapons (personally im a beast with the ebr, and suicidal is no longer even as hard as the old hard mode)
  5. zerker in public games (demo is the new zerk? zerk isnt nearly as much funny anymore)
  6. This game was pretty darn good after the heavy metal update...not so much anymore, over powered, with limited zed uniqueness!
Things that can go away:

1. Demo class...except for the m79 (pipebombs are lame, should have had something remote activated)
  2. Ebr, aa12 and scar (all way too easy even on suicidal)
  3. Massive tech!:mad:
  4. firebug is still the worst class on this game, i know it deals damages but it so boring (stream fire, stream fire, stream fire, throw fire nades, win)
  5. *im going to take heat for this* DAMAGE BONUS FOR ALL CLASSES! (it has ruined the game for me) Sharp ftw, support ftw, and commando ftw
  6. Money showing as score in the server menu (people love joining on wave 7+)
  7. glitching, freezing, underperforming game that KF has become!
Since so many people complained of the best parts about this game (scrake hitboxes, fp decap...the only 2 unique things to the zeds) it has becoming a slugfest for who has the biggest gun, not the best strats and skill! Ebr is a joke...commando didnt need another heavier weapon, IMO this game is a loss now. With additions like massive tech that i never agreed to. And shotty steam Kf page system requirements this game has become to much for itself.

Like cs 1.3 was the best version of counterstrike, build 1006 was the best kf version (imo)...i would like to bring it back! if i had the choice i would ditch all the new update for a rolled back version in a heartbeat! this is no longer a team game but a hail of ammo...and a crap ton of explosions! FF servers are dead.

Im one of the best players at this game, this isnt fun too me or challenging with my favorite weapons! This game has become easy...who wants to see a rollback mod?

No way and it won't happen so too bad.

Upvote 0
ROFL cakes. Now way jose. everything is awesome.
Good joke. There are so many things that need to be addressed. But, indeed, the way to fix it is not to go back to bugged pre-mod gameplay. If you really have so many issues, try playing more difficult servers with FF or perk replacement mods (to lower perk level). TWI will fix everything eventually.

Upvote 0
i disagree too i like the new weapons and the new class although the SS took the challenge of it 1 shot and insta kill its not a challenge anymore i play suicidal and hard 6 man servers (sometimes with 12+) at least the decap of the fp could still run and kill you and now it just not fun or challenging anymore.

when i saw in the update that you wont be able to decap anymore i was like "oh we would have to regroup and kill the FP with all we got" and thats a challenge, with the AA12 takes 2 clips on suicidal to bring down an FP and scar 2 or 3 when the server is full, i can also be a beast with the ebr but i rarely use it now, i use other classes now (all perks lvl 6) i think the game would be perfect if they could balance the weapons of the SS and a few other things.

and i hope they keep bringing new stuff to the game :D

just my 2 cents

Upvote 0