• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have the new weapons destroyed need for teamplay?

DocDave

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
With the increase in overall power, it seems many perks are becoming more and more self-sufficient, and have much less of a particular role to fill.

The SCAR tears up big zeds pretty good, the AA is even better at this than the HS, and the SS's improved ROF lets them rip up groups AND take out big zeds with ease.

Each perk having it's weakness as well as it's strengths made this game very appealing to me, but the line is becoming blurred. It seems KF is moving away from a focus on team-based play. Thoughts?

With the increase in overall power, it seems many perks are becoming more and more self-sufficient, and have much less of a particular role to fill.

The SCAR tears up big zeds pretty good, the AA is even better at this than the HS, and the SS's improved ROF lets them rip up groups AND take out big zeds with ease.

Each perk having it's weakness as well as it's strengths made this game very appealing to me, but the line is becoming blurred. It seems KF is moving away from a focus on team-based play. Thoughts?

every game ive played theres at least one other person who wants to work as a team, stick with them and in later waves the tough guys will join you two when they need help.

Reactions: Drathamus
Upvote 0
SS just needs to be nerfed big time. In my opinion, AA12 and SCAR are pretty much balanced well... SCAR has "nasty" recoil to some extent and small magazines. Just lower the amount of magazines to 10 or something. AA12 is a beast, but when get into it, you notice you have wasted too much shells and money. And the price is also fine on both. (A little higher would be nicer imo)

M14 on the other hand... Do I really have to continue?

Last edited:
Reactions: trick
Upvote 0
SS just needs to be nerfed big time. In my opinion, AA12 and SCAR are pretty much balanced well... SCAR has "nasty" recoil to some extent and small magazines. Just lower the amount of magazines to 10 or something. AA12 is a beast, but when get into it, you notice you have wasted too much shells and money. And the price is also fine on both. (A little higher would be nicer imo)

M14 on the other hand... Do I really have to continue?

AA12 is balanced? Are we both playing the same game? Both M14 and AA12 need to be fixed.

Upvote 0
I don't feel the xbow is so much a problem, though it's undoubtedly very strong. Reason being that it does not grant the SS the ability to take out groups of small zeds that easily; perhaps it makes him better at his role than he should be, though. Due to size, a good mob dispersal weapon can't be taken, either. (Hmm, except perhaps xbow and m79...)

Upvote 0
9mm headshots are great mob killers, and if things get really bad, dual hc's.

Sharpshooter needs a mega nerf, a mammoth nerf, a nerf so large that it may just have to give zerk back some of his powah.

Oh, and the xbow as not a great mob killer? Try lining up about 20 of anything and crouching, fire an xbow bolt and nothing is left. No smoke either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AA12 + Shotgun, plus a pipe if you can carry it (Dont know the weight).
Hard, solo.
you can take out FPs on your own.
If you can do that, then I think the whole 'Co-Op' of this game has gone.

Again, why are we not talking about the xbow, ONE bolt, 6 man suicidal can take down a flesh.

less than a second. You guys are talking about a shotgun and pipes, when it just takes ONE bolt.

Upvote 0
The Crossbow should keep the insane damage, but lose ALL piercing.

The sickening damage AND the piercing is what's causing the imbalance with that.

Honestly, the Sharpshooter SHOULD be doing more damage than other perks because, despite when people say, it takes skill to consistantly nail the headshots, especially at weird angles and when things (including you) are moving. You think it's easy? Congrats. That means you have some skill. MANY, MANY others don't...

If they nerf away the Sharpshooters 1-shot kills, everyone is gonna go Commando and Support. Nothing aside from beefing up zerker is going to redeem that class. Besides, it'd feel ridiculous to repeatedly nail something in the face and have it NOT die as a Level 6 Sharpshooter!

Upvote 0
I have noticed the game seems easier since the update. I instantly thought well, I guess it's time to start on suicidal. Whether that means the team play aspect is taken out I'm not sure because I still see people playing in groups as much as before.

With the addition of the pipe bombs there is an advantage to sticking around the other players if ppl set out a bomb perimeter. The medic gun is an incentive to stick by a medic.

The weapons feel too powerful to me (speaking only of my exp. with the scar and witnessing the others). It seems a larger perimeter is kept easier than before.

Upvote 0
Like I said in another post. Raise the price of an Xbow on par with the other perk's 2nd tier weapons. Less damage dealt in any other hands EXCEPT the Sharpie. I am getting quite annoyed at reading and posting in these forums. I am just going to play KF and not worry about this and that and the other. MY enjoyment of KF has gone significantly downhill since I've been reading these forums...:(

Upvote 0