• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Merry Men

THEDDLE

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
Ok. Me and a group tried this a lot last night to get Merry Men. It was ruined by some guy every round that did not want to use a cross bow. Cross bow kicked the Pat's but every time; however we could not get it. Finally I got Merry Men:D The rest of my team did not. It is more then just everyone needs to have a cross bow. The killing shot gets you the achievement.

I had to start warning people to get a cross bow on the last round or get out. I hated doing that. Always some kid wanting to be a smart arse. Had to ban one for saying FU. With a real potty mouth. Sounded like he was 10.

So this is what I did. After the first few shots I just concentrated on zeds. Letting the person who needed Merry Men keep shooting. The person who needs it. Aim for the head. Of course. The last arrow that kills him, that person get the achievement.

:cool:

Last edited:
Not trying to sound smart of anything, but who cares for achievements. They don't mean anything. It's not like you unlock weapons/perks by achieving them.

Also, why should I HAVE to kill the patty with the xbow. Sure it is somewhat effective, but I find that being a medic w/ a flamethrower on the patty round is really useful. And so it any other strategy, that is why there are 6 perks, so that game play is always a little different.

Upvote 0
Not trying to sound smart of anything, but who cares for achievements. They don't mean anything. It's not like you unlock weapons/perks by achieving them.

Also, why should I HAVE to kill the patty with the xbow. Sure it is somewhat effective, but I find that being a medic w/ a flamethrower on the patty round is really useful. And so it any other strategy, that is why there are 6 perks, so that game play is always a little different.

Obviously OP does.

And you don't have to. That's why it's an achievement.

Upvote 0