• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the dark

Outsider

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Well, every weapons isn't equipped of a flashlight, so it is a bit problematic for some people who doesn't like to fight with 9 mm or shotgun.
So, just a little idea for some perks :
- commando could have a night vision google, which would be switched on instead of the flashlight and would have a limited energy like the flashlight
- berserker could have a natural ability to see in the dark just like cat. So it wouldn't be limited like the night vision google.

What do you think of it ?

Commando doesn't really need that since he has his health bars though.

That is somewhat helpful for mobs, but he still can't see his way through dark areas(doorways and such) so I think it would be nice, plus it seems to fit the 'commando' role quite well.

I was thinking that instead of allowing the Berserker to see in the dark, something like Thermographic Vision might fit a bit better, or atleast be a nice touch.

Upvote 0
NVG is a good idea.
It worked excellently in Half Life: Opposing Force.

I suggest it be in the tools category, but operational no matter what item is equipped, using the flashlight key. Actually equipping it is just for dropping it.

Commando perk being associated with it would make sense, as they're the military intelligence guys. At level 6 it should have a clearly discernible image, last forever, and be cheap. [$50]

For other perks it would be availible but far less practical, lasting as long as a flashlight, not a very clear image, and costing $300.

I'm not sure how well it would fit on all the skins though, particularly the hazmat and EOD suits. I suppose it could be inside their visors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
please guys, no night vision laser eyes splinter cell type stuff. the darkness in the maps is meant to HELP the zombies just like the corn in KF-Farm, or the obstacles in west london. its there for more than just looks, its there for a purpose: dark parts in a map are there to help the zombies eat on time.

kf2tards.jpg

Upvote 0
Some good ideas in here.

I agree that we need more ways to use the flashlight. Too many times have I ran into a strong specimen that the pistols can't dent, while going down those pitch black staircases.

be extra careful and aware during those pitch black staircases. no need to be splinter cell sam fisher whatever.

Upvote 0