• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-IcebreakerV1

Hm.

I can't get the "sway" if the map is hosted on a dedicated server... I don't know why. I've tried both downloading the map through a redirect and installing it in the "maps" folder - both are missing "sway" if on dedicated server.

If I start the map locally on "Solo", it sways just fine.

Also, I wanted to report that it still says "V1" on the pictures while it's loading.

Any idea why it's not "swaying" on my dedicated server? :-(

It's the "-|TBG|-" server if you want to connect and look at it directly at the source... this one:
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/174.34.156.103:7707/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does not get lost during redirect...

It's just disabled for clients.
Either the effect itself just doesn't work for clients or the trigger triggering it (if there is one) needs a so called NetworkTrigger between itself and its target so the trigger triggers the networktrigger and the networktrigger's event triggers the effect then.
I haven't looked at the map in UnrealEd so I can't tell.

Upvote 0
It does not get lost during redirect...

It's just disabled for clients.
Either the effect itself just doesn't work for clients or the trigger triggering it (if there is one) needs a so called NetworkTrigger between itself and its target so the trigger triggers the networktrigger and the networktrigger's event triggers the effect then.
I haven't looked at the map in UnrealEd so I can't tell.

I don't know about UE... but it would be awesome if this could be made to work in the next version (along with the bugfixes).

V4 FTW?

Upvote 0
Hey dam dam , thought i would show you an exploit.

Love the map btw.

This is looking at it. Im gonna stand up top... OOOOOOOO:D:D

Shot00151.jpg

They cant get me here, all i g2 do is watch out for sirens. Ez kills as my lvl5 bug. :D

Shot00149.jpg

Upvote 0
KF-IcebreakerV3

KF-IcebreakerV3

I gotta say, this is one hell of a map! One of the best custom maps for any game I've ever played.

The atmosphere is just amazing with the ship sway, sea waves, heavy rain, lightning and other effects. Although the waves could use a little toning down.
I really like the realistic ship layout and the great attention you've paid to textures, sounds and fine details.

It also plays well (tested for 1-7 players) and is very challenging with tight indoor spaces, plenty of specimen spawners around and no obvious camping spots nor safespots.

A couple of bugs/issues I've found:
#1 - A place in the map with very low framerate, especially when there are multiple actors onscreen. See attached screenshot.
#2 - Some hooks & hands hanging in midair, not attached to roof. See screenshot #2.
#3 - Sway effect doesn't work in online games, only solo. :(
#4 - Map is still named KF-IcebreakerV1.

Attachments

• icebreaker-bug-01.jpg
    icebreaker-bug-01.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • icebreaker-bug-02.jpg
    icebreaker-bug-02.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Anyone played this on hard or suicidal. We're struggling with this one haha.

I play KF with a bunch of RL friends only.. we usually play on Hard and with 100% friendly fire. Some maps on Suicidal.

And I have to admit, this map gave us a real challenge. There's rarely room to use any explosives and you can't exactly go trigger-happy with other people near you in those tight corridors. And the zeds tend to come from all directions, especially if you're below deck. Getting to higher ground makes controlling their flow somewhat easier.

Also, two more graphical glitches with screenshots attached.

Attachments

• KillingFloor 2009-11-01 02-36-57-45.jpg
    KillingFloor 2009-11-01 02-36-57-45.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor 2009-11-01 02-39-21-78.jpg
    KillingFloor 2009-11-01 02-39-21-78.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for your feedbacks and comments. That's always useful and great to have your support.

My pc is currently out of service, so I can't make a new version of the map for now. But it should be fix in the next few days.

I'm quite annoyed about the sway effect : the sway doesn't work in online games, and we don't know how to solve this problem ...

Thanks everybody.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I quickly took a look on shake actor code, it seems actors make the differentiation on dedicated server and local game;

basically, actors which can work on dedicated servers should be determined :
if (Level.NetMode==NM_DedicatedServer)
(probably some little things to adjust it and make it works for everybody).

But, when I create my own unrealscript, it's not working using the path "mylevel" to save this.
The only way I see for now is to update directly some files from the game (so, not a good idea :) )

Upvote 0