• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What about a Split-screen mode?

the_TeuTon

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2007
Why don't more people play PC games? They have better graphics and can be modded, unlike console versions. I think the reason for this is that almost all PC games can only be played in multiplayer on different computers. That's the only thing I like about console games.....you can play them with your friends right there next to you, and it makes it more fun. I searched the forums and haven't seen this posted anywhere. I think adding a split-screen mode to single or multiplayer would be a good idea.

Not only would it make playing it on PC more fun, it might help to sell the game more.

At this stage I expect it would be difficult to add to the single-player campaign, but making it its own multiplayer mode or an option when playing on servers would be nice.

The reason why no one has every done this on a PC is because monitors are not that large for one...aside from windows not being able to support this.

... thats why people have lan parties.

I like PC multiplayer FPS more because you Don't have split screen.

Split screen bugs the **** outa me.

Computer monitors are getting a lot bigger now though. I'm in college and a lot of people I know have small TVs too that they still play up to 4-player split screens on.

And can't you buy 360 controllers for PC? Is it possible to have more than one connected?

Upvote 0
I am all for a splitscreen.

All you guys who are against it just have tiny little monitors.
I have my PC linked to a beamer (video projektor) and get superb picture on a 2,5 m screen! :D
So even with the screen splitted (vertically) I would get a 10 times larger picture than you with your little monitor...

BTW, whats the problem with double mouses? If you use the M.A.M.E. arcade emulator on PC, you could use 2 mouses at the same time (for games that support that, with terminator II it worked for example). So 2 mouses does work on PC, whats the problem?

Yes for splitscreen!

Upvote 0
Cannot understand why anyone would be against this, i completely agree with the first post that the only reason more people dont play PC is because consoles can be played socially with friends which i prefer, even though i dont own a console.

It is so simple to use a tv instead of a monitor, its one cord which almost all TV's can connect via HD or VGA connection. And besides, i am using an iMac (With windows installed on it) this has a 28inch screen, PLENTY big enough to play splitscreen on it.

I really hope this function ends up being put in RO2

-Just brought a PS2 controller adapter so i could play splitscreen on my PC games the other day.

Upvote 0
well soldatro2! I play with my brother and my father to the fifa 12 on a pc with a ps2 joystick adapter.
to the call of duty alone, because it has no splitscreen, play with a keyboard with joystick converter.
.in the ps2 game games splitscreen in a 12-inch TV and it looks good.

I opened a forum with a vote to see who is in favour or against.
your name is voting. I hope many yes, "for splitscreen offline" stalin, 1944.

Upvote 0