• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New adjusted wave scaling

widowmaker

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
With the recent free weekend, it's become apparent that as more low levels join the game, it gets exponentially hard. I suggest scaling each wave's difficulty to reflect the class levels instead of using the number of players to scale. That is to say 5 level 6's with 1 level 1 will be harder than 5 level 1's with 1 level 6.

Sorry, not a fan. As much as it does suck to get overwhelmed because three people died in the first two minutes...that's part of KF's charm IMO. I will ALWAYS vote for more specimen per wave than less. Some of my best, most entertaining moments have been facing certain doom and surviving. And some of the worst have always been because there's not enough to kill. So I'm opposed to anything that reduces specimen count.

When my friends picked up KF, we forced them to start on hard. It's been tough, but at Rank 2's and 3's they've figured their **** out very quickly. KF is a sink or swim kind of game...let's keep it that way.

Upvote 0
Sorry, not a fan. As much as it does suck to get overwhelmed because three people died in the first two minutes...that's part of KF's charm IMO. I will ALWAYS vote for more specimen per wave than less. Some of my best, most entertaining moments have been facing certain doom and surviving. And some of the worst have always been because there's not enough to kill. So I'm opposed to anything that reduces specimen count.

When my friends picked up KF, we forced them to start on hard. It's been tough, but at Rank 2's and 3's they've figured their **** out very quickly. KF is a sink or swim kind of game...let's keep it that way.

Agree!

Upvote 0
The problem is when you play on a public server. If you can't get past wave 5 because everyone died and left you 200 zeds to deal with, it takes away from your hope that you can survive. I generally don't call a game "good" unless you get a chance to shoot at the patriarch.

However on private servers that I play with friends, I don't mind. Pile on the fleshpounds and ask for seconds.

Upvote 0
The problem is when you play on a public server. If you can't get past wave 5 because everyone died and left you 200 zeds to deal with, it takes away from your hope that you can survive. I generally don't call a game "good" unless you get a chance to shoot at the patriarch.

However on private servers that I play with friends, I don't mind. Pile on the fleshpounds and ask for seconds.

If your teammates all die with that many specimens left in anything that can't be called the fluke of the century, then the team deserves to be wiped out...

Upvote 0
I agree. That's why you should be able to somehow regulate the team by implementing some sort of prerequisite or minimum requirement. I don't mean to sound like I don't like new players, but there should be certain standards to permit higher level players to use their acquired skills and learn advanced tactics with other people of the same level.

Upvote 0
I agree. That's why you should be able to somehow regulate the team by implementing some sort of prerequisite or minimum requirement. I don't mean to sound like I don't like new players, but there should be certain standards to permit higher level players to use their acquired skills and learn advanced tactics with other people of the same level.

I don't get it... you suggest to fine tune the difficulty or to add a matchmaking system?

If you want to learn advanced tactics, I believe fighting 100 specimens on your own is a good occasion :D

Upvote 0