• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux Server wont bind IP

red_ned

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 25, 2009
Hi, running Suse11 64bit - Quad core 8gig ram as a router (2 interfaces)
Usually when i run TF2 or any other valve game the start line binds the external ip:

screen -A -m -d -S tf2 ./srcds_run -game tf -maxplayers 24 +ip cic.bounceme.net -port 27XXX -autoupdate

but for killing floor i cant find any mention of how to bind the correct interface so i get the following error:

gethostbyname failed (NO_ERROR) ... can't get local IP.
Defaulting to false

using launch code:
screen -A -m -d -S cic-kf ./ucc-bin server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6 -nohomedir./ucc-bin server KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=cic?AdminPassword=****** -nohomedir

Looking at the error it seems to suggest i can set a defaul ip for it to fall back on, at the moment it keeps attaching to the internal interface and so not available from outside.
Killinfloor.ini has host and portal as blank but could these be a key? i have tried adding info but the server fails to start at all.

Any help is really welcomed, i even tried nat/pat from external interface to internal but that wont work.

thanks

Last edited: