• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Been lagging. KF using 1,120,968K mem!

Menu - 279,924
Game - 808,812

Menu is at the main menu, Game is ingame after 1 wave on westlondon.

Vista 32bit
2gb 667 Ram
Intel Pentium D dual core 3.20ghz
512mb Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
Resolution 1280 x 1024 x 60 hertz

Running KF in DirectX mode (Not Directx 9.0, as listed under the options)
on highest, normally play on Directx 9.0 on all highest, with about 4x AA and 4x AF.
I switched to Directx to try out the new forest map, which lags ALOT while playing.

Upvote 0
q51706j64.jpg

thats my but i dont know what is norm. for kf ?

my sys.:
amd phenom x4
4gb ram
2x gtx265
windows vista ultimate 64bit

Edit by zets:
Fixed picture

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Memory usage, 1600 mb ingame, Windows memory usage 340 mb.
Before the patch i was able to play with 1GB ram
The next day after the update i recived a pack of 4 GB memory, it was softer but the game still eated alot of memory and it had Little Freezes when a new monster class apeared on screen. i also had Lags in the movement.
Plus loading times were sometimes excesively long and even used to get frozen.

OS, Windows XP SP3 32bits.

Upvote 0
was playing last night on manor on hard, by wave six my performance was shot and started getting less than 10 fps. I quickly hit the windows button, pulled up the task manager and noticed:

KillingFloor.exe: 575,385k

I only have one gig of memory, why is my machine getting raped, btw my setting were on the absolute low of the low, as i just wanted to play. I used to play on normal (medium) settings with 50+ fps...:(

Upvote 0
Keep loading maps you can make it to 2,000,000k.

If you ask me it's not the loading screen its the connecting screen, considering that the load issue doesn't happen on single player. When I try to change maps normally I get a little lag on ventrilo. I never actually connect to the server before it starts loading the map.

What would really help to test these issues is a loading bar.

Upvote 0
I forgot to add that I've been having this problem since they added the AK/Katana update. And that it does not seem like normal lag where it will stay in a certain range of, let's say...300 or 250. It's erratic, my ping will go from a 65 to a 100...150...360..480..580.800...968.. all this in the matter of seconds not over a long period.

I've tried running everything on low, but that's no help. And I've even updated my BIOS, graphics driver, sound driver and none of it helped.

Also, a member here told me to try to delete my KF folder except one specific file then have KF verify it again. That did not help either.

Upvote 0
Nope, last update did it for me. Only thing I notice now is that load screens are a tad bit longer. And that sometimes it will auto put me to spec without giving me the choice to pick class, so I have to reconnect to get the class screen.

That maybe to do with the free weekend, too many players and not enough servers, if the server says 0 players on it and then 8 join, the first 6 get the class screen and the other 2 are put into spectator.

Upvote 0
I tried restarting my entire computer when it started to do the major lag, but it did not help.

I also tried turning off Mcafee and a bunch of other stuff and nothing affected it.

Only time did my 1mill memory usage go down is when it was at the loading screen for a map and that was around 500,000k.

Upvote 0
I have 8 Gb of memory, so my system has allocated 8 Gb of HDD space to virtual memory. I have 76 Gb free on my system partition.

However, I keep getting 'Ran out of virtual memory' crashes. I've been monitoring KF's memory usage in-game using my second monitor and it's been stable up until and during the crash at between 800,000 and 1,000,000 Kb.

This is after following all the different fixes that have been posted for these kinds of problems. I'm at a loss as to what is causing it. I even get good frame-rates in-game up until the crash, though I did have to turn off dynamic lighting to get rid of another frame-rate problem.

System Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel dual core 2.133 GHz 8 Gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT (1 Gb VRAM)

EDIT: I upgraded my Windows 7 (From beta to full), and the problem went away. I've been able to play KF free of crashes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, after a fresh install of Windows XP SP3, I still get this problem. I figured the problem could be because my XP installation was over 3 years old (and I had a couple other problems that I've put off years of fixing) so I did a fresh install. I'm still getting this problem.

Windows XP SP3
Core 2 Duo [email protected] Ghz w/ 4MB L2 Cache
2x1 GB RAM (667 Mhz)
9800 GT
7200 RPM HDD

Here's an example of Killing Floor being a resource hog. This was after one game Wyre (7 waves):
killingfloori.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0