• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Level Progress Past 5*

Yeah the Medic experience was hugely improved when i bought that gun to try out. The actual gun side of it is a little uncertain though imo. Its not so much the rate of fire thats the problem, as really its main function is self defence and protecting the odd ally rather than actually going on the offensive, it lets you take heads off things alot faster. The ammo is just too expensive. Something like

Upvote 0
Well when you only pay $175 for the gun at Rank 5...the balance has to come in somewhere. $200 (almost exactly what you get for finishing a wave on normal) isn't unreasonable at all if you're not spending your money elsewhere...and since Medics get body armor cheap too...the only reason it's too expensive is because people are oggling that $4000 AA12.

Maybe they should have made the primary fire the heal dart and the secondary the live rounds. If people think of the MP7M as an offensive weapon first and foremost, they're going to empty it ever round. Not sure how you get across the idea that a SMG is a defensive weapon though.

Upvote 0
Not sure how you get across the idea that a SMG is a defensive weapon though.

LOL. No kidding. But if you look at the side of the gun during the reload animation, there's a medic symbol (red cross) on the side of it. Well I guess that and the fact that if you try to use it as an offensive weapon in later waves, you pretty much automatically die. Took me a few tries to learn... "oh.... it's to protect me..."

Upvote 0
Well when you only pay $175 for the gun at Rank 5...the balance has to come in somewhere. $200 (almost exactly what you get for finishing a wave on normal) isn't unreasonable at all if you're not spending your money elsewhere...and since Medics get body armor cheap too...the only reason it's too expensive is because people are oggling that $4000 AA12.

Maybe they should have made the primary fire the heal dart and the secondary the live rounds. If people think of the MP7M as an offensive weapon first and foremost, they're going to empty it ever round. Not sure how you get across the idea that a SMG is a defensive weapon though.

By making it suck for anything but close range

It depends how organised your team are to how much you unload it. On a West London game i emptied half the damn gun saving allies from the Crawlers/Stalkers that dropped down. Which on reflection was stupid because i could've healed them more :D

Upvote 0
The MP7M addresses that, even though it's still a problem at the moment because of all the new weapons. But I've actually heard people say "Man, medic is kinda fun to play now!" Medics don't have to stand around, needle in hand anymore. The rate of fire does need to be toned down though, I agree with that.

Rate of fire? I love the rate of fire. It's a lot of fun to buzz some clots that got too close.

And I read on the next page someone that said the medicgun is only for defense? Maybe. But if you see a Husk within quick running distance and your team is healed and cowering, it's possible (in Hard is when I've done it) to run forward real quick and unload a clip into it's face, which kills it.

MP7M is easily my favorite weapon. Crawlers get destroyed by it, my most hated enemy. And the ability to heal at a range is excellent.

Can't wait to hit level 6 medic, only 4.5k or so to go. :D

Upvote 0
I like the mp7m i only have two beefs with it, 1. At lvl 5 it only cost 175 to buy and it cost 160+ to refill ammo(much cheaper to sell it everytime and rebuy). 2. In a normal or hard waves you can shoot the 400 rounds off so quick, I really hope that lvl 6 you get extra ammo or something.

1) What the heck are you spending money on anyway? Refill ammo, refill armor. Done. Like 200, 300 if you spent all your ammo and lost all your armor. If you want a different gun, scrounge on the maps with the wicked awesome speed for other guns to sell. (Or stop healing someone you don't like and steal theirs. :p )

2) I don't know why you think that you should have more. The medic is much more of a supporting class. Take out the zombies that get too close for comfort, go on the offensive as needed, empty a clip into close-range Husks *** needed. I've very rarely ever run out of ammo on hard, and if I do, it's always at the end of the wave, past the danger zone. A lot of what is likely your problem is either accuracy, or just plane ammo control.
Short bursts to the head will kill most of the zombies you'd need to.

Upvote 0
mp7 works well for what it's supposed to do. I switch to it when anyone gets in trouble, giving some support fire while healing them as they backpedal. the alt fire mechanic is great since you can simultaneously alternate between darts and ammo, you can get them from near death right back to full health in couple of charges without chasing them around the map. I only use it as a secondary weapon, next to either pistol or whatever primary I can afford later. usually crossbow on open maps or some type of shotgun for cqc, keep the medigun and switch classes for a round to get the discount.

Upvote 0