• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor now pre-loading for Free Weekend of play on Steam - IGN Preview

My guess for release time is between 12:00 and 3:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time and 3:00 to 6:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. :)

The last update came out about 1:00 PM GMT-7 if I remember correctly, so I'd say the above estimation is a good one.

Unfortunate for Europeans, as it will be evening by the time it's out, but Valve is based in Washington state, which is GMT-8 I believe... and they gotta push the big red button in the morning (on their time).

I'd definitely encourage everyone who's staying up for this to GET SOME SLEEP. It will definitely be AT LEAST 8-9 more hours from now when the update comes out.

Upvote 0
The last update came out about 1:00 PM GMT-7 if I remember correctly, so I'd say the above estimation is a good one.

Unfortunate for Europeans, as it will be evening by the time it's out, but Valve is based in Washington state, which is GMT-8 I believe... and they gotta push the big red button in the morning (on their time).

I'd definitely encourage everyone who's staying up for this to GET SOME SLEEP. It will definitely be AT LEAST 8-9 more hours from now when the update comes out.

But every second hurts!

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

If I go to sleep I have to get ready to go to college when I get up. Booo. Yes this older man has been expired to go back to school. Matter of fact I will show a post i just made.

This is what I was asked in a forum I was involved with.

>X< said:
The advantage of PC games is Dedicated servers and Mods.

The disadvantage of PC games is you can't resell them.

Why would ANYBODY want to buy this game on PC?

It has all the disadvantages and NO advantages.

This is my reply

The advantage is, if you are a competitive gamer, you can join ladders, play mods, and make maps. Which keep the game alive longer. Your money lasts longer. It does not get older as quick. Plus if you get good enough in the competitive ladder it can bring prestige, money, and prizes. I helped an affiliate member train for a FFA in COD 4. He won a 30 inch gateway monitor.

If you are a fan of this style of play then you can not do it with out dedicated servers. You are just looking at it as a game. Not a hobby or lifestyle. Since I have gotten into competitive play I have become more interested in computer technology and I wanted to learn more. After being away from school for about 16 years I am going back to school for a different career. I decided it would be more fun the Law Enforcement for another 20 years.

This is all because of computer games. It has made me learn more about computers in how to build them, program them, and run them. Since I am a clan leader I have learned how to run servers, build websites (from scratch, design and build computers, and learn programing more. You just see a game. I see a future. A lot of people in the gaming community are like this. Counsel gamers do not design your games. PC techs, PC designers, PC programmers, and so on do. With out computer technology you would have never had your counsel game. With out PC computer games I would have never been inspired to build computers, websites, maps, and help with making games. I would not be inspired to continue on to learn more so your future games will be better. It is because of people like me that counsel players get what they have.

When trace the counsel family roots. PC is the beginning and the end. If you loose the PC community you may loose out on possibly future better gaming. Who do you think helped test the games out to get them ready for Counsel. PC people.

=TCH=THEDDLE

So in other words I need my new fix to get ready for school to better the gaming community.:D

:p

Edit: OK. It is 1:21am West Coast Time. I give up for now. Time for some shut eye. Boooo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hell, if KF were realistic, Britain would be a lifeless wasteland considering that guns are sparse there (except those MAC-10s that pikeys seem to have no trouble getting their hands on, or the AR-18s that the IRA seems to love).
I wouldn't go so far as to say sparse. I know that in the city of Aberdeen, where I live, there's at least one hunting shop dealing in shotguns, a number of modified "Bullpups" and Lee-Enfield number 8 rifles inside my old school somewhere for cadet training, along with unmodified SA-80 Rifles and LSWs inside the Gordon Barracks. I wouldn't say sparse.....just......a tad more rare, seeing as the average UK citizen wont have a license to use one :p

Upvote 0
I wouldn't go so far as to say sparse. I know that in the city of Aberdeen, where I live, there's at least one hunting shop dealing in shotguns, a number of modified "Bullpups" and Lee-Enfield number 8 rifles inside my old school somewhere for cadet training, along with unmodified SA-80 Rifles and LSWs inside the Gordon Barracks. I wouldn't say sparse.....just......a tad more rare, seeing as the average UK citizen wont have a license to use one :p

Not to mention all the caches of illegal firearms surely have.

Try to take away a WW2 vet's gun and see how that works out for you. There's surely things like an old guy in Leeds who has a Panzer tank parked in his garage. :D

Now... I have to go to work in 7 hours. I bet the DL is going to start riiight then.

But the next 7 hours are going to be torture.

Upvote 0
Hey Hey Sammers, I'm in Aberdeen as well, if you are up for LAN Parties over the next few weeks check out BreachLan.(We are also having a mini/spur of the moment lan bashing this weekend for the KF update)

Regards Weapons in the UK being sparse, HARDLY!

Peeps just dont advertise the fact like they do in the states.
I used to go to a school down in Dover which had 80+ Cadet GP (SA80 with gas parts removed) 30 number 8's 4 LSWs and a host of .22 Target Rifles.
In addition I joined a gun club while I was down there and fired the following
Black Powder Musket
Black Powder Revoler
Semi-Auto .22 Rifle
7.62 Bolt Action Target Rifle with bipod
Lever-Action Rifle (with v-groove iron sights)
SMLE (1st world war .303 bolt action)

Also fired as part of other things
Cadet-GP
SA80 (semi-auto)
LSW (Full auto)
Its amazing what you get the chance to do when you show interest and happen to be Captain of the School Shooting Team :)

Upvote 0