• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades, take II

ok i got it now :)

i think that would be too complicated, as the chamber is closed by default in RO

But there is new RO under development. It should be animation like reloading weapon, just push key if you are near that tank gun if you have grenade equipped in hand. Players dont need to see your grenade trick, they see you only near tank gun. Common its not complicated to make it.

Upvote 0
well i think you have to be able to speak german to fully understand this video

the instructor says something like this:
putting a grenade down the barrel of a tank can stun and/or wound the crew IF the chamber is open
if its closed then this wont have any efect

and by default the chamber is closed in RO:Ost and i doubt that you will have the choice to leave it open is HOS, as it would be pointless

down the lines, it would be a nice addition, if it wasnt pointless due to normal gameplay mechanics

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought this is about grenades, eh?

Grenades are currently flying through human player models, I believe TWI should end this nade sorcery in HoS. Grenades shouldn't fly through anymore, they should impact. Also they should injure the person. A Stielgranate 24 weight in at 0,48kg and hell I bet that you can accelerate this nade at least to 60km/h. What do you believe would be the result of this kissing your face? Probably you get knocked out, this would mean gamewise you're killed.
When it's hitting other body parts it should do some good damage as well.

I've always thought along those lines too.... I REALLY hope they allow u to try and attempt to pick up a nade and throw it back this time round...

also I think there should be a better on screen effect for when a nade goes of near you but doesn't kill u... instead of screen going red for a second...

Upvote 0

putting a grenade down the barrel of a tank can stun and/or wound the crew IF the chamber is open

and by default the chamber is closed in RO:Ost and i doubt that you will have the choice to leave it open is HOS, as it would be pointless

down the lines, it would be a nice addition, if it wasnt pointless due to normal gameplay mechanics

It damage gun, if HE grenade explode inside of gun, it should be very bad. The only place designed for exploding is gun loading tube. Its really hard piece of metal. Other parts of gun are designed only for gas expansion and shell moving out from gun. If He grenade explode inside of thick gun parts, it could blow it it up or damage it, so if tank fire another round it could blow it after that. If tank load HE shell and if grenade blow up in gun ... also it could damage kinetic shell as well, I think that you dont need explanation about result of shooting damaged ammo.

Fragmentation grenade could damage gun little but there will be dangerous fragments inside. You cant shoot gun with metal dirt inside of gun and if you do it ...

Upvote 0
a normal grenade wont have any effect on the barrel itself, and it definatley wont damage a shell loaded inside

your thinkings remind me of when i was a kid and thought that you could destroy a tank when shooting throught the vision slits or shoot down its barrel to make its ammo explode

and btw the chamber isnt hard, as hard equals brittle, wich would make it burst after one shot ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've always thought along those lines too.... I REALLY hope they allow u to try and attempt to pick up a nade and throw it back this time round...

also I think there should be a better on screen effect for when a nade goes of near you but doesn't kill u... instead of screen going red for a second...

I most definitely agree with you, grenades need to be able to be thrown back while there is still fuse left in the grenade, much like how they did in CoD4 and 5 (a warning icon probably isn't necessary)

ALSO In my humble opinion, bodies should contain the explosive power of hand grenades, thus, you should be able to jump on top of a live enemy grenade and sacrifice your own "Red Orchestra life" in order to save the rest of your squad from the shrapnel and the explosion.

I'm not bull****ting you guys, this actually did happen in WW2!

Upvote 0
a normal grenade wont have any effect on the barrel itself, and it definatley wont damage a shell loaded inside

your thinkings remind me of when i was a kid and thought that you could destroy a tank when shooting throught the vision slits or shoot down its barrel to make its ammo explode

and btw the chamber isnt hard, as hard equals brittle, wich would make it burst after one shot ;)

I like brainstorming with you, its lot of fun.

Upvote 0

I would think the barrel of the tank would be destroyed. I think this might be too tricky to have in the game.

Upvote 0
I would think the barrel of the tank would be destroyed. I think this might be too tricky to have in the game.

why would it be destroyed?

a stielhandgranate has 165g explosives, thats not nearly enough to seriously damage a barrel or render it inoperable

it would be a verry different thing with antitank handgranades of course

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Idd, in order to blow up some tank barrel, in addition to the nade u should use some C4/explosive like dynamite, set off by the explosion of ur nade inside da barrel.

Look here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGrDAn9FwcYouTube - Band of Brothers- Assault on Brecourt Manor part2 @ 1:40
(i know BOB series is not so realistic but at least its a goo point for this thread)

C4 charge plus stielhandgrente = 88mm Flak gun out.

first thats not an 88, thats a 10,5cm howitzer

second, taking movies as references is bad, even if the movie itself might be relistic in some points

Upvote 0
why would it be destroyed?

a stielhandgranate has 165g explosives, thats not nearly enough to seriously damage a barrel or render it inoperable

it would be a verry different thing with antitank handgranades of course

Hand grenade would still probably wreck the rifling inside the barrel. Tank guns in WW2 era for example were still rifled, modern tank tend to have smooth-bore barrels like in Abrams and Leopard. Challenger 2 still has rifled gun.

Upvote 0
I most definitely agree with you, grenades need to be able to be thrown back while there is still fuse left in the grenade, much like how they did in CoD4 and 5 (a warning icon probably isn't necessary)

ALSO In my humble opinion, bodies should contain the explosive power of hand grenades, thus, you should be able to jump on top of a live enemy grenade and sacrifice your own "Red Orchestra life" in order to save the rest of your squad from the shrapnel and the explosion.

I'm not bull****ting you guys, this actually did happen in WW2!

Well they had nade throwback in the old DOD, so it couldn't be that hard to implement... I'm actually surprised they never did it in RO, does anyone know why they didn't? Must be a reason, because it seems natural to include it... and also diving on nades to save comrades would be cool, but I'd be more ordering others to do it to save me! haha.. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0