• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new buy system, please

skillshot

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
I would just like to suggest a buy system that allows you to buy certain things instead of clicking everything, back and forth. maybe a keypad system with numbers, notthing to overly complicate. Or at least make some buy binds available...

This would help the game so much because u could reduce the trader time to something like 15-40 seconds. Greatly reducing a game that takes 10 mins in a "long" game just in trader time.

Plus this makes the game have more of a moving and panic fealing that i think is important to the genre.

just a suggestion:
Players get money at the end of the wave for finishing, this adds to the score in lobby and people like coming in when they see a lot of "highscores" (=money in the lobby score, or view game score in steam friends list). This creates the people that join with 1-15 seconds that wouldnt get to the trader anyhow. Just a suggestion...but it leads to the autospawn class phenomena that is rather annoying in this game. I think a system like this would also reduce this greatly.

It would be nice to see something like the CS:S system combined with the CoD4 Classs system.

So you've got numbers for the guns and you can set up your own 'standard loadout(s)' maybe based on the perk you've chosen so you don't have to keep buying each indivudual item and will quickbuy the set for you only if you can afford it all.

Would anyone else like a fill ammo option that doesn't include Grenades too or is it just me?

Upvote 0
It would be nice to see something like the CS:S system combined with the CoD4 Classs system.

I think the idea of grouping weapons similarly to CS:S would fit perfectly in here.

The weapons are already grouped by number key (3 cycles your medium weapons, 4 cycles heavy/special weapons, etc.) Perhaps if you could enter the shop and be presented with groupings based like this:

1. Melee Weapons
2. Secondary Weapons (pistols)
3. Primary Weapons (rifles, shotgun)
4. Special Weapons (LAW, Xbow, etc.)

And then derived from those classes are the weapons in ascending cost. So if you enter the Melee menu by pressing '1', you're presented with:

1. Machete
2. Axe
3. Chainsaw
4. Katana

Something like that would be excellent imho.

Upvote 0
They're gonna have to do something. There's no way they can cram 7 more weapons into that menu. Two was do-able, but not an additional SEVEN!

I'm sure TWI already has this planned out, seeing as this whole thing is their master-plan anyway. And they probably don't need much advice to do it, honestly...

Upvote 0
I'm sure TWI already has this planned out, seeing as this whole thing is their master-plan anyway. And they probably don't need much advice to do it, honestly...

So why waste time developing the existing buy menu if you know for certain you'll change it later to a better 1 that probably isn't much harder to design? I'm not convinced...

Upvote 0
I think the idea of grouping weapons similarly to CS:S would fit perfectly in here.

The weapons are already grouped by number key (3 cycles your medium weapons, 4 cycles heavy/special weapons, etc.) Perhaps if you could enter the shop and be presented with groupings based like this:

1. Melee Weapons
2. Secondary Weapons (pistols)
3. Primary Weapons (rifles, shotgun)
4. Special Weapons (LAW, Xbow, etc.)

And then derived from those classes are the weapons in ascending cost. So if you enter the Melee menu by pressing '1', you're presented with:

1. Machete
2. Axe
3. Chainsaw
4. Katana

Something like that would be excellent imho.

Thats like the MOD but the mod menu was terrible. They should look at the CSS menu and try to copy it to some extent, They should also include saving weps combos like in CSS maybe 4 or 5(CSS has 4)

Upvote 0