• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For the upcoming Level 6 perks(or lvl5+ perks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb_

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
I would like to suggest that the Level 5+ perk level would be exclusive to those hard earned achieving players. Meaning that the requirements for lvl6 be very high.

One thing that has bugged me and many other suicidal players is that many lvl5 players play worse than lvl3 players simply due to cheating their perks levels up.

Id suggest some few rough examples;

Lvl 6 Perk requirements (minimum)

Berzerker Level 6
30 Million+ damage points.

Sharpshooter Level 6
60,000-100,000 headshots

Support Level 6
30 Million Damage points
2 Million weld points

Commando Level 6
7000+ stalkers
10 Million+ damage

Medic Level 6
200,000 heal points

Firebug Level 6
15-20 Million damage

Level 6 should be a class of its own. Getting there with pure skill(no cheating) would also put players in a different class.

Good skill and good players comes with experience, skill and talent.

Killing Floor is a hardcore FPS game and I dont think this is unreasonable.

- It won't solve anything - If people can cheat their way to level 5, they'll definitely cheat their way to such an out-of-reach level 6.

- Those requirements are beyond excessive. If you haven't learned how to play Support after dealing thirty MILLION damage, you're not ever going to learn how to play Support.

- Adding a grind to your game is NEVER a good idea. Welding doors doesn't require any skill at all, just a lot of time spent doing an incredibly boring and easy task - Little wonder people use cheats to level up. And don't even say "You don't NEED to be level 5 to play KF"; you do on suicidal or you're automatically kicked.

- That said, I would venture a guess that the reason many level 5 players play worse than level 3s is because level grinding takes little skill, only time. I'll say it again - A high level is more indicative of time investment than of skill.

Upvote 0
Bwahaha. Are you serious?

Do you have any idea how long it would take to get 2 million weld points by playing the game? You'd still be trying to reach that by next christmas if you didn't have OCD and stood welding doors all game. Whereas what i could do is weld a door against 2 bloats for... about 24 hours.

Increase the levels of grind all you'd do is make it more necessary to do it. There is no reason to add even more grind to this game. Its an FPS not an RPG. If i wanted to spend a week leveling up to reach my maximum power i'd go play Fallout 3.

Upvote 0
[bla bla bla]
Level 6 should be a class of its own. Getting there with pure skill(no cheating) would also put players in a different class.

Read: pure cheat(no skill required).

Seriously. I got 3 lv5, 1 lv 4 and 1 lv3, and it already takes a whole lot of time. And now, you're, like, asking me to go from lv1 to 5 for another few times so that I can get my lv6. Nah, I'm not sure I can do that without cheating/etc. That just make ppl cheat more.

Upvote 0
So what, Level 6 or whatever is just going to be a joke aswell? Why is there no prestige in this game.

30 Million damage is not a rediculous amount what-so-ever. I already have 20m+ berserker damage, that being one of the only perks that I don't beleive you can glitch your way through leveling. It won't be an extremely long grind, but it will be enough(if not too little) of a challenge that it's worth some sort of notoriety. Also, to those of you saying "they will just cheat their way to 6", well it's much better than cheating their way to a simple-to-achieve goal, cause atleast this way you will know without a doubt that they have cheated by watching them play. They may have the level, but they will recieve the wrong sort of notoriety, which is a whole lot better than what's happening now.

As it is, there is not much to this game once all the Levels(and useless achievements) have been aquired. Level 6(or whatever) should be something to aspire for, otherwise it just becomes a crappy expansion that doesn't change a thing.

Just a few stats:
I have 15m+ Support damage with 1m+ weld points - and I haven't played this class since my first suicidal achievement or so.(easiest class to get damage on, 30m is nowhere near rediculous)
I have 20m+ Melee Damage
I have about 5k stalkers and 7m+ AK/Bullpup Damage - Don't even play the Commando class.
I have healed 50k Team HitPoints... and I don't even remember doing it after Lv5 medic.
I have 20k+ headshots - and I hardly even use the 9mm.
I have 7m Fire Damage - ... and I don't think I've ever used this class seriously.

Those requirements just don't seem rediculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why is there no prestige in this game.
Killing Floor is serious business!

As it is, there is not much to this game once all the Levels(and useless achievements) have been aquired.
I disagree, the game is fun enough on its own merits without perk leveling.

30 Million damage is not a rediculous amount what-so-ever.
Yes it is.

I already have 20m+ berserker damage, that being one of the only perks that I don't beleive you can glitch your way through leveling.
Stats are stored client-side. A hex editor can max out all perks except Medic (as that requires two people), and you can avoid a ban simply by disconnecting your internet while you do it.

It won't be an extremely long grind
Yes it will.

but it will be enough(if not too little) of a challenge that it's worth some sort of notoriety
I'll state once again - Grinding is not a challenge. Grinding is a time sink. The only challenging part is not blowing your brains out from boredom.

cause atleast this way you will know without a doubt that they have cheated by watching them play. They may have the level, but they will recieve the wrong sort of notoriety, which is a whole lot better than what's happening now.
Notoriety means nothing, seeing as how people can change their name and join another server.

One other thing. IT IS SPELLED RIDICULOUS. R-I. HOLY ****ING HELL.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As it is, there is not much to this game once all the Levels(and useless achievements) have been aquired. Level 6(or whatever) should be something to aspire for, otherwise it just becomes a crappy expansion that doesn't change a thing.

I used to feel this way a long time ago. However, what I've noticed is, I'm enjoying the game even more now that I don't concern myself with boosting my perks.

Before, I used to never toss 'nades because I wanted to soak up all that damage with my shotgun/bullpup/etc. Now I chuck them as I please. Before, I used to compulsively weld doors to boost my stats. Now I weld as it is necessary. Before, I used to never play maps unless they were white-listed. Now I play what I want, when I want, enjoying all facets of gameplay.

Now that I have Mr. Perky, I can assure you that I'm enjoying the game even more than when I was trying to grind my levels up.

Upvote 0
Sorry that I can't be screwed using quotes

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "grind". Why do people see something and immediately think they have to grind for it. While it is possible to grind for it, try thinking of it as an achievement that you will finally achieve after playing the game for a while. Something that will be earned whilst simply enjoying the game.

30million is not a rediculous amount. It is completely do-able and it shows which class you play, prefer, have learned - whatever.

Notoriety means something to those who seek it out.

If you edit it, then so be it, you're never gonna stop these cheats. You get no self satisfaction and I imagine it will be pretty easy to tell who has edited theirs.

Sorry about the use of the word "grind" and "challenge", it would seem they were a poor choice. Either way it's something to aspire for, and in and of its self, an achievement.

Either way, I think it's probably a bit too late to implement any suggestions into the upcoming expansion, so all we can do is wait and see what they have done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So what, Level 6 or whatever is just going to be a joke aswell? Why is there no prestige in this game.

There is prestige in this game, just like there are in any games.

Superficial awards doesn't matter for a damn. When you can do something awesome like kill 200+ specs in a six-man game on Hard by yourself, then you'll get prestige.

A level 2 Support played skillfully will be far more effective than an idiot running around with Level 5 Support.

Incidentally, I wonder if we're gonna get more/better weapon spawns or something... I do wonder about what sort of bonuses we would get.

Upvote 0
Like the others said: a high level only mean you spent a lot of time playing, the only skill you need is to know how to shoot. Any idiot could do 30M damage if spending a really long time on the game ( don't get me wrong, i don't say you're an idiot).

You say there's no much thing outside of leveling and unlocking achievements, it means that for you the only reason you play is to see a progression bar getting filled?
Achievements and stuff are for me a little extra, just here to make a game different of another, not the reason why I play.

About being respected: I don't respect anyone for what he may did before, only for what I'll see him doing especially since you said it, it can be cheated. Putting a very high requirement will only increase the amount of people who got it with cheats, hence reducing any notoriety (if any) you can have for leveling up normally.

Upvote 0
There i was thinking this games prestige would come from knowing you completed all the core maps on Suicidal without cheating/exploiting/glitching in any way...

Sod off back to WoW if you think having a higher level makes you better or sod off back to CoD on the Xbox if you think having a star by your name makes you better.

Your stats are either completely fictional, you hacked them, or you play this game far too much. 20,000 headshots and you barely use the 9mm? 7mil Firebug and you barely use the Flamethrower? Either your definition of barely differs to mine or you play this game 24/7.

Upvote 0
I fear balancing issues...

Berzerk might be done after a looong time of playing. 30 Million is a loooad! 10 would be enough. even 15 is very tough. For the regular player unachievable. And I hate games where an above regular player can't achieve everything.

Sharpshooter is devilishly tough. I have 2300 headshots now while all the other perks are on 5. It takes me 1 entire map to get about 300 headshots - when I am on fire... I don't wanna play Clot-mod to get 60k... 15 k is way enough.

Supporter should be around 15 m dam, 1 mill weld. Thats enough

Commando:
7k stalkers is doable.
as well as 10 mill. dam.

Medic: 200 k is doable. 150 might be enough

Firebug: doable.

I think everyone has classes where he or she is better at. The goal is to make all classes a bit harder, not those impossible for the people that don't like them and those possible for those that like them.

Firebug for example is a class that I like a lot. Achieving what you suggested will be doable.
Commando as well.
But I hate sharpshooter. I am working my a** off to get the 5k headshots. And as I said... I know my way around the game. The other classes are on 5.

I think they should stick with the previous steps:
(number of points for previous perk-stage) * 2.x = points needed.
way enough

Upvote 0
No, its not a joke. But I know many players are just a bunch of jokes.

There arnt many hardcore FPS players that I've played with online, only less than a handful. But lvl6 is something that should be exclusive. As I suicidal player, I dont see any need for further power boost on perks but taking it as a achievement merit is something to admire on a hardcore FPS game.

I dont glitch any of my achievements or perks and I have the following.

39,579 headshots on my sharpshooter perk,
20M+ damage support
10M berzerker damage
50K healing points
etc
etc

I dont see the big deal in those high requirements. Maybe most players just aint hardcore enough.

I know someone with 33M support damage as well.

It a suggestion and they could just make it as a merit achievement rather than a power boost. Thats why I said 'class of own'.

If any of you sad lot could be bothered sitting there cheat grinding the door for 24hrs to reach the requirements then your just embarassing yourself when a lvl3 perk plays better than you.

Upvote 0
There is prestige in this game, just like there are in any games.

Superficial awards doesn't matter for a damn. When you can do something awesome like kill 200+ specs in a six-man game on Hard by yourself, then you'll get prestige.

pfftt. Ive done solo 210 kill 6player game on suicidal farm map with medic, using only my trusty 9mm, handcannon, xbow. Twice!

Now can you tell me wheres my prestige? What? The other 5 players that saw me? Not gd enough mate.

Upvote 0
There i was thinking this games prestige would come from knowing you completed all the core maps on Suicidal without cheating/exploiting/glitching in any way...

Sod off back to WoW if you think having a higher level makes you better or sod off back to CoD on the Xbox if you think having a star by your name makes you better.

Your stats are either completely fictional, you hacked them, or you play this game far too much. 20,000 headshots and you barely use the 9mm? 7mil Firebug and you barely use the Flamethrower? Either your definition of barely differs to mine or you play this game 24/7.

Yes, completing suicidal maps without cheating or glitching is a prestige. Only yourself would know, which means you can say it loud and proud, which is great and all, but still not good enough

I have 39k+ headshots all hard earned(never cheated in lvling map etc). Received lvl5 before 9mm headshots were included in the count, so saying that, I would have easily had 60k+ headshots by now.

These high requirements aint rediculously high. Yes I play everynight averaging 3hours, but thats because i mostly play KF.

Mainly use medic with the trusty and best weapon in game - the 9mm

Upvote 0
You play the game to have fun. Not to get a perk level or achievement. As Crazy Sheep mentioned the game is much more fun when your not worrying whether your leveling your perks or getting your achievements. People who played back during the mod didn't care. You had to earn your perks for each server separately but it didn't take much. You had fun cause you liked the game or you were a masochist (FP double hit glitch rapage much?).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.