• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cant play online for more than 10 seconds.

prafaba

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
Hello! Ive read a lot of posts by players in the support, I believe that it has happened to a lot of people and its a bug that needs to be fixed...
I cant stay on game for more than 10 seconds, everything works fine, but after 10-20 seconds, I disconnect, no error is given, just people go forward as well as zombies, I cant reload/talk or do anything. However, I can connect to any other game and having no problem at all.

Thanks!

not sure if ports would do it if your not hosting, but this is what you do...

Type in 192.168.1.1 into your browser address bar, and then it will prompt you for a user name and password, which unless you changed it is "admin" and "admin".

From there, it depends on your router. Look for something about ports or gaming. On a basic linksis, it says "Applications and Gaming".

Google which ports to forward, or KF itself tells you sometimes. Its like the basic steam ports and something in the 7000's

Upvote 0
This is a problem with Thompson/BT Home routers. We have attempted to contact the company to get them to work on the problem but have gotten no response. We are working to see if there is anything we can do on our end, and have ordered one of these routers from the UK to work on the problem (we are based in the US). We have to jump through some hurdles because BT won't even ship one to the US. We had to find someone in the UK for them to ship it to, and then have that person ship it to us. Hopefully we can figure out a work around, but I highly suggest anyone with this problem make a complaint to BT customer service. Perhaps if enough people complain they will fix their routers.

Upvote 0