• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Turning off welding sign?

Hey

Hey

It does not need to be a door if I can trigger a breakable. Here is an example of what I put in the other thread. I can make them and have them blend in just fine as a breakable; however, I have figured out the trigger yet. Have not had time to play with it.

There is one more option for you AVP. It is my first option. You can try to do what I did with Abandoned Base. Make the door a breakable instead. I would like the spot to re trigger each time. Have not gotten that far yet. Go into one of my versions of Abandoned Base and look at the Piano in the bar. This one would be excellent for the wall. When it explodes it gives you the dust explosion feel with fragments. All you need to do is copy the static mesh you want and replace the name in the breakable. You can also adjust the strenght of the object. This way if it is breaking to soon make adjust the number up. To much adjust it down. I may just do it this way. Still would like to have it re trigger every round.

The only problem I have encountered with my breakables lately is, that during trader times they become non collision. It was suggested to change the bWorldGeometry flag. Have not played with it yet. It is not really an issue. Just something that bugs me. If they are already down then they are gone. Most breakables it does not matter since they are gone. If they are not gone it might make a neat short cut.

If I can figure out the trigger thing on the breakable it may make it easier to use and blend into the wall. I do not care about my other things that go boom. Once they are gone they are gone; however the wall part I would like them to repawn.

Upvote 0
Use a mover and trigger it. Set the Trigger to Shoot instead of PawnProximity and give it a damage threshold. Give it a certain ReTriggerDelay.
Then create a NetworkTrigger and let the Trigger trigger the NetworkTrigger and use the NetworkTrigger to reset an Emitter.

The emitter is for debris and smoke when the wall blows up. The Mover is for the wall.
When the trigger is damaged enough, smoke and debris will be emitted as if the wall was crumbling and the wall mover moves out of the level. When it returns and the ReTriggerDelay of the Trigger is over the wall is effectively "respawned".

If you need help with any of those steps I'll help you. You can also take a look at the emergency fireaxe box-thing in the back of the bathing shell in KF-NorthSea. I think I have the same setup there for a piece of glass that can be shot.

Upvote 0