• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks, vehicles and other

I honestly hope we won't be seeing any huge tank maps like Ostfront had.

Huge city tank maps might be good, but enough of this open field nonsense. Ostfront degraded into a high tech game of rock, paper, scissors on maps like that.

i personaly dont need them too, but imho it would be a great loss for the whole community

Upvote 0
i personaly dont need them too, but imho it would be a great loss for the whole community

Agreed. I like combined arms maps the best, but also like a good tank map.

Big open fields allow you to work on maneuver and flanking actions. Without flanking, German heavy tanks in ROOST would be unstoppable. I really like some of the DH maps with the rolling hills, so you can move behind hills, and use a lot of turret / hull down positions.

I rarely play infantry only maps (as anyone who sees my score as a rifleman would know), but I'm not about to suggest TWI gets rid of those pesky infantry only maps.

Upvote 0
Come on guyz :confused:

U've all already played DH once at least. IMO, the best gaming experience i had from RO and its MODs is playing maps Like DH-Stavelot, maps mixing infantry-tanks, or on RO to as RO-Leningrad and RO-Koenigsplatz for example. Those maps are above other ones ;)

Seriously, NO TANKS MEANS FAIL ! EPIC FAIL ! TRIPWIRE FAIL !
but this won't happen i know they are clever enough ;)

Upvote 0
Come on guyz :confused:

U've all already played DH once at least. IMO, the best gaming experience i had from RO and its MODs is playing maps Like DH-Stavelot, maps mixing infantry-tanks, or on RO to as RO-Leningrad and RO-Koenigsplatz for example. Those maps are above other ones ;)

Seriously, NO TANKS MEANS FAIL ! EPIC FAIL ! TRIPWIRE FAIL !
but this won't happen i know they are clever enough ;)

Why do you kids always say "fail" or "epic" all the time...stop it make it stop please

Upvote 0
I'm ok with tanks in big city maps with narrow roads and crossroads, generally in a place where they can easily be ambushed by infantry. Tanks working tightly with the infantry is my idea of fun.

Problem with open tank maps in RO is that the maps are way too small and linear. Even map like BDJ, which many consider big map is way too small and unrealistic in terms of terrain to have any kind of realistic tank combat. Tanks in RO are arcade, too easy to maneuver, no gears, no starting/shutting down the engine, almost no engine(or any other) noise coming from them, no use for range finders(after knowing the map you can adjust your aim based on experience), unrealistic hit detection(compared to WW2Online, which itself is far from a tank sim) and so on.

Basically, if Tripwire includes same kind of arcade vehicles we had in Ostfront, I hope they focus on combined arms city maps instead of open field maps that have no realistic feel at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm ok with tanks in big city maps with narrow roads and crossroads, generally in a place where they can easily be ambushed by infantry. Tanks working tightly with the infantry is my idea of fun.

Problem with open tank maps in RO is that the maps are way too small and linear. Even map like BDJ, which many consider big map is way too small and unrealistic in terms of terrain to have any kind of realistic tank combat. Tanks in RO are arcade, too easy to maneuver, no gears, no starting/shutting down the engine, almost no engine(or any other) noise coming from them, no use for range finders(after knowing the map you can adjust your aim based on experience), unrealistic hit detection(compared to WW2Online, which itself is far from a tank sim) and so on.

Basically, if Tripwire includes same kind of arcade vehicles we had in Ostfront, I hope they focus on combined arms city maps instead of open field maps that have no realistic feel at all.

uhm....indeed you have right....it's true...Tripwire can greatly improve realism of tank, but nonetheless you cannot refuse that realism of OST tank is good (compared with other games).

however, i agree with you, i really hope that Tripwire work better on HoS's tank.

----------

uhm.....i think that city map need more AT gun (placed in the main roads) and assault gun as StuG, because tank are easy target in the small place of a city.

and now i ask to you:

what tank, transport vehicles and assault gun would you see in HoS?

Upvote 0
uhm..yes. if i'm a reloader, i must take with "F" a new shell, then, i have to put it into the barrel of the gun as quickly as possible to enable the commander to shoot as soon as possible ;)

This is an interesting option, BUT u already had the option to choose between AP and HE shells and i think its already enough for gamers like we are. I think that keepin actual positions in tanks is quite good : Driver / Coaxial MG / Commander=Gunner.

What TWI can improve is the options of each class named above.
Driver : Gears and motor.
MG : w/e :D
Commander, Gunner : Being forced to use the tank optic zoom, no more canon elevating to aim by experience pls (i know its how i use to play but its to easy and not realistic).
Each class of this crew shoud be able to open his ache separatly.

Upvote 0
Good luck trying to find someone (besides Beast) who wants to play loader.

I'd like to see an optional commander position, so if you already have a gunner, someone can still take the commander position (in tanks that had a separate gunner / commander). It would be nice to have a dedicated commander for better situational awareness - this would be best with a working cupola scope (like DH), and better view port implementation.

As far as the raising the barrel thing, what's wrong with that? If you can do it in real life, then I don't see how you could stop someone from doing it in game. Besides, I always use the range adjustments already present (lean keys). I'd like to have finer control over them though, perhaps with a "shift" key, or using the mousewheel to adjust range (while holding the range adjust shift key).

Upvote 0