• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-AspenManor

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
Map Name: Aspen Manor

Description of map: This map is based in the 1800's. There is a huge mansion and a graveyard. The map is about 250m by 150m
Be prepared for some constant chaos.

Map Download/Download Size: 11mgs-zipped 44mgs-Unziped

Heres the link

http://omahaperformance.com/fel/KF-AspenManorFinal.zip

Map Info:

6 Traders, 3 amours, and tons of ammo and wep spawns to help you guys out.

Can you find the Flamethrower? Chainsaw? Degal? Bulpup? Shotgun?

Size: about 250m by 150m.

Pictures:

Shot00087.jpg

Shot00096.jpg

Shot00088.jpg

Shot00054.jpg

Shot00092.jpg

Shot00091.jpg

Shot00056.jpg

Shot00055.jpg

Shot00048.jpg

Be on the look out for my next map, its gonna be a perkable mission. Beta release for a 4 wave ver is being released couple weeks.

Last edited:
Inside is a bit like an Ogre's Retreat because I look like a matchbox car running around a scalextric track. I also can't get along with rooms with one entrance as they can soon face zombie overload and it just teaches me never to go in there again which shuts down parts of the map.

Outside is the highlight area because it's cool to watch the different spawn areas come into play and gameplay feels more fluid. I also like the smaller buildings with the roof top zombie drops. They've worked out well.

Overall it's in context with the theme and plays well.

aspenmanor.jpg

Upvote 0
thank you. FYI those buildings are Mausoleums (giant tombs in which the dead are buried in underground but the living can still go down there) Im glad you like it.

If you have noticed i spilt up the lvl into 2 areas. If you are outside, and need to go inside, you are gonna have a hell of a time getting back into the house, and visa versa

The rooms were ment to be deadly distractions to the player, but if you scout some of the rooms, and the bathrooms, you will find weps and armour. There is a Deagle in one room and a chain saw in another, along with tons of ammo. But the main focus of the mansion is the libary, i have 3 traders in the house and 3 traders outside to give an equal balance of gameplay thoroughout the map.

I tried to make it hell for the player just to run back into the house because the outside is too scary. but then again, the house is hell too. there is no place to hide here. If you notice in the courtyards, it is hell to get through there and into the house, you practically have to kill kill kill and wait for a short break between spawns to run into the house for cover. So what i basically did was spit the lvl into 2 areas of hellish action.

Well there is like 2 good spots to hold, but imma keep them a secrete.

BTW in that pic above, if you didn't know, to the left in the grass is amour. Its behind the tree stump, kinda hidden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I gave this map a try two days ago. As arramus said, the sunny side is the outdoor area, which creates a good atmosphere. However, the manor itself is, well, not good. The hallways are scaled way too generous, most of the rooms are death traps, and there is no point why the library should be considered as a good place to defend. In the end, the team might find the idea of entering the manor repulsive, which should not happen.

You should also revise the texture work. The scaling there sometimes feels unnatural and for some static meshes, e.g. the balustrade at the staircases could use planar alignment. The rendering quality now reminds me of some early 90s video clip of The Prodigy.

Upvote 0
well i redid the manor area, and just wait till i release the contest ver, its soo much better, and with the new look on the manor i think its great

You should also revise the texture work. The scaling there sometimes feels unnatural and for some static meshes, e.g. the balustrade at the staircases could use planar alignment.

I dont know what your taking about I've already done everthing you said here. everything was Planar Alingments and scaled down.

I also got a few complaints about how big everything is in the manor. Its not big its grand. I f you look (like the bookcases) they are big, but the shelves hold actually human size books, just about 20 shelves high. Thats not "Big" you can still have big objects but then also have everything human size as well. Just wait for the Contest ver to come out in a few days, I hope you like what i did to the manor. I made tons of major changes to make it look and feel better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this going to be added to the white list? I played this on my server last night three tmes, and no perk ups occurred. The clan loves the map, but sure would like to continue to work on achievments.

Elkslayer

if you look at the white list submissions you will see thats it added.

wait for KF to update....

ALSO the contest ver will be added as soon as i finish it

Upvote 0
Hey Fel,
I'm at work and haven't played your map, but I have a bit of advice. If you want to enter this into the contest, think for a minute whether its a good idea to spawn specific weapons in your map. Every map I've played that has had special weapons spawn I've just hated, and if I was a judge I would throw that map out. I know you've only put the weapons in 'hard to reach places' as a means of encouraging players to go down there, but you should give it a second thought anyway.

Upvote 0
Hey Fel,
I'm at work and haven't played your map, but I have a bit of advice. If you want to enter this into the contest, think for a minute whether its a good idea to spawn specific weapons in your map. Every map I've played that has had special weapons spawn I've just hated, and if I was a judge I would throw that map out. I know you've only put the weapons in 'hard to reach places' as a means of encouraging players to go down there, but you should give it a second thought anyway.

the map is so big i rarely run into an abundance of extra weaps.

Upvote 0
Hey Fel,
Wow if you havent played my map then dont comment like that. You have no idea what is going on in my lvl. Maybe you should play it 1st then comment.

there are 7 weapon spawns and 3 amours in my map. And it goes like this..,the good weps are hard to get to, ex: flame thrower, hunting shotty, the rest are noticible there is 1 armour that is hella ez to see, then 1 that is slightly more difficult, and 1 thats in a bad area (hard spot, you should run to it b4 trader ends). Tons of ammo and weps in ez to get places as well.

So i would say it is an even ballence.

And becides in the Final contest ver, I changed most of the wep spawns to random spawns. But i left a few weps in there like the flame, chainsaw, and cannon (mainly because i use those ^^). BUT this map is soo big, i would love to see you find em all ><, well not really.. its about 250m x 150m

Again you havent even played the map yet so how can you comment like that. please comment after you have played the map then THEN tell me what you think of my wep spawns

Thank you

sry if i come of edgy, my steam account and yahoo account just got hacked, and i might loose all 48 of my games. I hope steam pulls through i gave them enough info to prove who i am

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes you do come across as edgy. I made the suggestion only as something for you to think about, I didn't neccessarily mean that my thoughts on the matter 100% had to apply to your case.

P.S. I thought wave2 closed at end of September, but I just checked the website again and it said 16th September. It has been and gone then? If so you can pretty safely disregard my suggestion...

Upvote 0