• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Old Patty vs. New Patty

If I had to change something about the Patriarch, it would be the head. It's cool that you can recognize the Patriarch from some of the photos scattered throughout the levels...but that beard or moustache or whatever you want to call it on his face isn't scary. It makes him look like a nerdy mad scientist who went off the deep end.

Isn't that what he is?

Upvote 0
Yes. But you'd figure he'd shed his nerdiness at the end. And he pretty much has. All expect his head and his "tried really hard to grow this" mustache.

It's like hi, I'm bad ***. I have this chaingun, rocket launcher, I turn invisible and shoot a tentacle out of my chest.

But I still have terrible eyesight and a sense of persona fashion.

Upvote 0
Could someone post screenies of the old models, i don't know em?

2l89c9l.jpg

Really what I dislike about the new patriarch design, is that he still has a lot of his human side visible in him, without the tentacle plant on his chest and the eye he's just a big nerd.

The old design as you can see above is clearly superior, the surgery and modifications applied to his body look very sloppy and poorly done, as if he'd done it to himself while under the influence of morphine or something, he just has that gritty, gory look which suits the scientist gone mad he's portrayed as. The design is fairly pyschosexual too, which is p. cool.

Overall, I just find the old design to be more frightening and effective than the new design, if I saw it running at me, I'd probably be more panic stricken.

Another thing about the patriarch I dislike, is how often he cloaks, he seems to cloak every time he goes to run, this causes you not to see him until he's ready to strike, or until he stops running. I feel actually seeing the patriarch running towards you at full speed would create for a much more terrorfying image than having him cloak and pop out at you. You hardly ever get to see the patriarch during a normal fight, and that sucks.

Simply put, I would LOVE to see the old patriarch be revamped and put in the retail version as a replacement for the current design, and I'd like to be able to see him too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh... The old patriarch has his merits, but I think the new one isn't bad either.

The old one looks like some guy who had an accident with BBQ ribs whilst drunk and naked. He looks fragile. However, He CAN be very distracting due to the "dangly bits". Yes. I can't stop looking at them. Please, Mr. Old Patriarch, put some clothes on. I feel... :eek:

The new one, however has a bit more distinguished and look in my opinion. He has clothes and he has a bit more "british" feel to him. I think he used to be an avid fan of the Victorian era. There are 2 things I'd like to change about him, though. They are the tentacle swipe (rape?) and the protruding eye. Maybe give him a spiked tail instead which he could use to spin around and knock everyone back. The eye could be made telescopic, a bit like an camera objective if he really, really needs to zoom with his eye. :p

The running animation does look a bit dodgy in places, but it can probably be improved over time. ;)

Upvote 0
Uh... The old patriarch has his merits, but I think the new one isn't bad either.

The old one looks like some guy who had an accident with BBQ ribs whilst drunk and naked. He looks fragile. However, He CAN be very distracting due to the "dangly bits". Yes. I can't stop looking at them. Please, Mr. Old Patriarch, put some clothes on. I feel... :eek:

The new one, however has a bit more distinguished and look in my opinion. He has clothes and he has a bit more "british" feel to him. I think he used to be an avid fan of the Victorian era. There are 2 things I'd like to change about him, though. They are the tentacle swipe (rape?) and the protruding eye. Maybe give him a spiked tail instead which he could use to spin around and knock everyone back. The eye could be made telescopic, a bit like an camera objective if he really, really needs to zoom with his eye. :p

The running animation does look a bit dodgy in places, but it can probably be improved over time. ;)

i like the idea of a camera eye, like terminator or sommat, but the tail seems kind of...meh

but the flower thing needs to go, maybe bring back his old tenticle thingy, it's less gay

Upvote 0