• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think scrakes will ever get fixed?

Your right, Monoliths quoting the code that states the reason WHY is happens is clearly the same thing as direct confirmation such a thing was intentional.

If its intentional, say so. Put in the loading screens "To instantly kill the Fleshpound, slap it on the head as it ducks it down to attack you".
"To headshot a Scrake, aim in the air over its shoulder, making sure to miss its actual head completely".

Then take a step to realise how ****ing stupid they are, then fix both of them. Sorry but the 'its doable so its intentional' reason is so pathetic. Its the exact same excuse idiots have used since the dawn of gaming to justify every glitch and exploit they can find in a game as legit. I came across a Fleshpound only Suicidal-Long server earlier today. They weren't 1hitting them, instead 2 zerkers were stood in a spot that Fleshpounds couldn't reach to deal damage so they were very slowly reaching the Patriarch. I suppose thats legit isn't it.

Upvote 0
real smart people just listen to what the DEVs tell them :rolleyes:

Ramm saying it's intended gameplay should be enough to lock this thread since there is the confirmation everyone was looking.... the rest of these guys trolling in defiance of what Ramm confirmed is pointless. for those who still claim it's a bug and that TWI has no clue what they are talking about, why don't you just not go zerker and not stun him? :p

the hitbox issue is a legit issue, but that wasnt the purpose of this thread was it.....the stunning was the question, and everyone got an answer. i'm sure they will fix the hitbox issue eventually.

Upvote 0
Ramm saying it's intended gameplay should be enough to lock this thread since there is the confirmation everyone was looking....
Medics running a million miles an hour was also intended behavior. Specimens coming to a complete standstill while attacking was also intended behavior. Fleshpounds letting the players run circles around them forever was also intended behavior. Of course, all this and more was fixed because they broke the game immensely in a number of interesting ways.

Upvote 0
there shouldve been a stunned animation for the scrakes. if there was, this wouldnt have caused so many problems.

exactly. the common scrub outlook on alternative mechanics, that actually make a huge contribution to the complexity of co-op gameplay, could have been avoided entirely had there been some sort of visual cue that what you're doing is "allowed" and part of the game. some players just need this kind of reenforcement to expand their tactical options, otherwise they will fear the unknown.

2 common reactions to every undocumented feature/bug in any game:

- You are clever to have discovered it, I support this tactic and will incorporate it into my own arsenal.
- You are wrong to use it, I deny this tactic and and will insult your intelligence every time you do.

always either/or and never in between. people have their own vision of how a game should be played, and you may be shocked to realise how narrow it can be, no matter what features may or may not exist.

Your right, Monoliths quoting the code that states the reason WHY is happens is clearly the same thing as direct confirmation such a thing was intentional.

If its intentional, say so. Put in the loading screens "To instantly kill the Fleshpound, slap it on the head as it ducks it down to attack you".
"To headshot a Scrake, aim in the air over its shoulder, making sure to miss its actual head completely".

Then take a step to realise how ****ing stupid they are, then fix both of them. Sorry but the 'its doable so its intentional' reason is so pathetic. Its the exact same excuse idiots have used since the dawn of gaming to justify every glitch and exploit they can find in a game as legit. I came across a Fleshpound only Suicidal-Long server earlier today. They weren't 1hitting them, instead 2 zerkers were stood in a spot that Fleshpounds couldn't reach to deal damage so they were very slowly reaching the Patriarch. I suppose thats legit isn't it.

people might take you more seriously if you could say how exactly you think certain tactics are bad for gameplay, instead of using irrelivant examples of players blatantly breaking the rules. bad hitboxes are different problem entirely, and have nothing to do with this discussion.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm sure TWI is going to get right on that. Nothing engenders good responses from devs, or serious consideration of your complaint, like calling things stupid, pathetic or generally acting like you could, would or have done a better job than them.

I can call football players **** too even though i suck at football. Doesn't make it any less correct because *I* couldn't do better. *I* am not been paid to do it, *I* bought the game expecting that the head of a foe is actually where i should be expected to aim for a headshot. Its embaressing, especially when there is a huge focus on headshotting things to have hitboxes not lined up properly.

kingkong said:
people might take you more seriously if you could say how exactly you think certain tactics are bad for gameplay, instead of using irrelivant examples of players blatantly breaking the rules

If you can't see how being able to 1 shot Fleshpounds on any difficulty with a knife is bad for the game then frankly i'd be wasting my breath. Scrakes are laughable. Gameplay has nothing to do with it, they are just so easy to kill they may aswell be removed and replaced with something else. Fine, its been confirmed Scrake stunning was intentional, but to turn them into a complete joke? I doubt it. What is the point in making them 'rage' when low on health when they're permanently stunned? At least make them immune to stun once they rage, or do what i've said before and make them stunnable once, not indefinatly.

Upvote 0
I would like to know how a picture of someone aiming over the shoulder of a scrake proves that the "hitbox" is messed up? I just jumped in game and killed a bunch of scrakes with headshots with the crossbow shooting them right in the head. If there is a problem, there must be some other set of circumstances that causes it to occur. So if you want to help, find out what these circumstances are (actually first prove that the problem actually exists).

Upvote 0
I can call football players **** too even though i suck at football. Doesn't make it any less correct because *I* couldn't do better. *I* am not been paid to do it, *I* bought the game expecting that the head of a foe is actually where i should be expected to aim for a headshot. Its embaressing, especially when there is a huge focus on headshotting things to have hitboxes not lined up properly.
At best it's been noticed by a few, judging by the number of hit-box threads that have shown up since release. It could easily be attributable to latency. Point is, you can address things that could be better, or need to be revisited, without being a total jerk about it. It's not like your happiness is based solely on whether or not you have a 100% accurate headshot detection rate. And if it is.....yeah.

In just about every FPS game I've ever played, there have been times where I've gone "Wtf that should have been (or shouldn't have been) a head shot." If it was as broke as you make it out to be, a lot more people would be posting about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was about to take a video about it but it seems in solo it does not drop him in one shot, except in his jaw it does. But you still see blood come out of the invisible spot over his shoulder, in multiplayer I'll take a video of it.

I don't have any video software or I'd take a picture. I've NEVER had direct headshots be effective on the Skrake ever. It's always had to have been the disjointed side shot...

I hope we're not having the classic car trouble problem where the brakes are bad until you take it to a mechanic, where they work just fine and the mechanic thinks you're a moron... Because that's exactly what this is reminding me of...

Other than someone proving it by video'ing a few disjointed Skrake headshots shots, I dunno how we can prove it, though. Maybe make a few motionless Skrakes and show direct headshots effects...then the "beside the head" headshot effect...

Or using a leveling map or something to see if it's something that only happens when they're in motion or something. We've gotta show the problem to it's fullest to get it fixed...

Upvote 0
if you could say how exactly you think certain tactics are bad for gameplay
The biggest problem with the Scrake freezing bug is that it doesn't require the slightest hint of teamwork, effort, or even skill. You simply run up the Scrake with your chainsaw/katana equipped and hold down your alt-fire button. He'll be dead in a matter of seconds. Congratulations, you have just successfully solo'd the second strongest specimen in the game with no health lost, no ammo spent, and no risk taken. A Sharpshooter could also effectively solo a Scrake, but that requires some expensive crossbow ammo (unless you just sell and rebuy your Crossbow), a bit of effort (hurr, you gotta aim, hurrrr), and some skill (but with these crazy head hit boxes, more like luck!). If said Sharpshooter happens to hit the tip of the Scrake's shoulder instead of his face, he might actually end up taking damage from an enraged chainsaw swipe! Of course, that's assuming said Sharpshooter doesn't simply have a katana as a backup. Any other class/weapon that tries to solo a Scrake will either also end up with a chainsaw to the face or simply waste a lot of ammo on only one specimen. Comparatively, chainsaws and katanas are basically just hundreds of free kills at no cost.

Anyway, multiply this easy melee stun-kill mentality by six to accommodate for your teammates and behold: marvel as the increased difficulty that this late-wave specimen is supposed entirely trivialized! Suddenly the game is less about co-op survival and more about showing off to everyone else how you can solo everything with your pro strats largely consisting of broken game mechanics and exploits. This is not the game I want to spend time playing.

Upvote 0
I would like to know how a picture of someone aiming over the shoulder of a scrake proves that the "hitbox" is messed up? I just jumped in game and killed a bunch of scrakes with headshots with the crossbow shooting them right in the head. If there is a problem, there must be some other set of circumstances that causes it to occur. So if you want to help, find out what these circumstances are (actually first prove that the problem actually exists).

The pic doesnt prove anything, but its pretty obvious if you check it ingame. Did you try aiming at the spot in the pic? :confused:
(or maybe a little closer to his head, but still thin air)

6 player suicidal scrake goes down in 1 bolt from sharpshooter level 5. :eek:
6 player hard scrake needs 2 shots with any other perk. First shot stuns him.

Upvote 0