• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas Gun Improvements Please Take this into Consideration and don't Ignore it

I personally dont think the AK should of been added..... why cause British military and police would never be seening using those weapons in a crisis like that. They'd have to purchase them on the black market really. The idea of Police purchasing Aks on the black market is loool!

So what exactly is the Trader then? Some legit firearms dealer that the military turns to for help every time there's a crisis?

You pretty much just laughed at an idea that is explicitly within the context of the game.

Upvote 0
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36082

I'm still railing for a low cost and low weight revolver.

I think a dirt cheap gun is the only niche that has not been filled in the KF lineup.

We have a dirt cheap melee option, we should have a dirt cheap pistol as well!

Pros:

- cheap 100-140 price
- 1-2 kg weight
- dirt cheap ammo
- fanning hammer for burst of damage in panic situations (subject to long reload time)
- very accurate shooting (easy to use iron sights, very little recoil)
- fire 1 reload 1 is possible
- more damage per shot than 9mm, slightly under LAR in damage
- SS perks applied

Cons:
- 6 shots per maximum load
- slow reloading
- slow rate of fire when not fanning hammer
- cannot use dualled with another .45

Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=36082[/URL]

I'm still railing for a low cost and low weight revolver.

I think a dirt cheap gun is the only niche that has not been filled in the KF lineup.

We have a dirt cheap melee option, we should have a dirt cheap pistol as well!

Note the amount of complaints against the dirt-cheap melee weapon in recent threads. It is painfully obvious that the Machete is entirely redundant at its current specs, and the Fireaxe is almost obsolete in the shadow of the Katana.

Note how these weapons, while implemented in the game, are rarely used unless they are found on the floor... And even then, people would rather sell them to the trader than actually use them in combat.

The amounting evidence in the overall redundancy of certain weapons, especially with the advent of *certain* new additions (cough, katana) is a major cause of concern.

Any economically-minded person will tell you:

If "ITEM A" < "ITEM B" < "ITEM C" in terms of potential/function
And "ITEM A" < "ITEM B" < "ITEM C" in terms of cost

It is much more economically sound to put the money you may have spent on "ITEM B" towards obtaining "ITEM C". This makes "ITEM B" obsolete, and non-functional.

This is what we see in terms of the melee weapons.

Any money that someone may use to purchase the Axe is better off saved for the purchase of the Katana the next round. This makes the Axe obsolete. The same can be said of the Machete, except it is even more apparent.

Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
Note the amount of complaints against the dirt-cheap melee weapon in recent threads. It is painfully obvious that the Machete is entirely redundant at its current specs, and the Fireaxe is almost obsolete in the shadow of the Katana.

Note how these weapons, while implemented in the game, are rarely used unless they are found on the floor... And even then, people would rather sell them to the trader than actually use them in combat.

The amounting evidence in the overall redundancy of certain weapons, especially with the advent of *certain* new additions (cough, katana) is a major cause of concern.

Any economically-minded person will tell you:

If "ITEM A" < "ITEM B" < "ITEM C" in terms of potential/function
And "ITEM A" < "ITEM B" < "ITEM C" in terms of cost

It is much more economically sound to put the money you may have spent on "ITEM B" towards obtaining "ITEM C". This makes "ITEM B" obsolete, and non-functional.

This is what we see in terms of the melee weapons.

Any money that someone may use to purchase the Axe is better off saved for the purchase of the Katana the next round. This makes the Axe obsolete. The same can be said of the Machete, except it is even more apparent.

Just my two cents.

Yeah I was just thinking that it could be used if you are in a situtation where you do not have any other option to buy. I have bought a machete and gone zerker when theres no other option as no one was around to give me money after a death.

With this pistol I'd just go sharpshooter and buy the pistol or even stay at whatever perk I was and use it in addition to the 9mm. It could function as a panic weapon for when you are getting pushed on and need a quick burst of ammo after you've gone through all your 9mm ammo and don't want to wait for the reload.

I'm just saying that the dirt cheap weapon in regards to both melee and projectile has its place. I know that it gets overshadowed when you can afford something else or you want to save.

But there will always be scenarios where you may have wanted to buy a dirt cheap weapon when (if) you mess up.

Also another cheap weapon that could be found on the floor.

Upvote 0
Why wouldn't people just use the Flamethrower?

The Flamethrower is an AOE weapon. BBQ's everything in its path. Also does burn damage over time.

So what exactly is the Trader then? Some legit firearms dealer that the military turns to for help every time there's a crisis?

You pretty much just laughed at an idea that is explicitly within the context of the game.

I hate the trader, its the worst thing in the game period. The Light machine gun was just an idea if they were searching for a *more* damage hitting weapon for the commando. Or another idea, why not bring in a sub-machinegun (say P90 for example) have it use similar stats to the current Bullpup (like decreasing its range), then tweak the current bullpop to what the stats of the AK are. But anyway, these are just my ideas, I could come up with a list of them if I tried. I know most likely nothing will be changed cause its too much hassel, but I just putting it out there

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then what was your Light Machine Gun supposed to do? It either moves in on Flamethrower's turf, or it moves in on the AK's turf.

If you READ. You would know I suggested it better instead! of the AK. BUT as I have said, the AK is already in the game and it just be hassle changing things so it probably wont happen. I dont think Tripwire has much clever thought before adding the AK.

Hope thats clearer for you.

Upvote 0
I would like a heavy rifle like FN Minimi. It would be a bit faster than the AK-47. And much more expensive too. But its main advantage would be a very large clip due to a chain of ammo ont the side. It could be a least 100 ammunition before reloading.

The Commando should be the perk to improve it a bit. Like less recoil and it wouldn't be slow down while having it in the arms unlike the other perks.

Upvote 0
And very bulky : just like the LAW, it would take all the place. But there would have a large amount of ammunition.
For the price, it should be at least 1000 dollars for the commando and even higher for others perks.
For the power, a little closer to the AK-47 than the bullpup. And a very high rate of fire.

Upvote 0
No. More. Weapons. Thanks.

The Heavy Metal Content pack gave two fantastic tools.
Weapon selection is fine. Adding more and more more identical, cheap and cr*p guns will just break the game balance and create half a dozen obsolete weapons which no-one, I say NO-ONE wants to buy because most of them are slightly cheaper than the real deal, but absolutely useless in a situation of life and death.

Besides, you only have 15 weight slots, unless you are support. You can only have a couple of weapons at a time.

Only thing these new "additions" would do would be making the player have to scroll the weapons list in a hurry, accidentally mis-click on a weapon they would never want to buy in millions of years, then have to sell it back and try to find the one they wanted only to find out they just blew most of their money on a piece of junk and they can't afford it, right before being booted out of the trader, resulting in a frustrated player.

A heavy machine gun with 100 bullets with a bit more damage than a bullpup but less than an AK, handicapped with a low movement speed? Oh, really? How about recoil due to awkward handling of the gun meant to be used prone or crouched, preferrably on a stand? No thanks. I'd rather have an AK in semi-automatic for more accuracy and a good damage. Reloading doesn't take THAT long. Really. It doesn't.

Where do these people keep on coming from? :D

Upvote 0
Killing Floor has enough weapons as it is. Heavy Metal was great. More than anything, Killing Floor needs a objective gameplay map, even if it is just "Run to zombie replicators-plant C4-get to choppa and kill/run away from patty".

Actually I like that last bit where the patriarch actually turns into a Resident Evil 2 tyrant-esque monster, and your options are either fight a long and lengthy and difficult battle or run like hell. Of course, the Patriarch would have to be slower, but stronger and take a hell of a lot more damage as this is an objective map.

Upvote 0
well there is a mine skin in the SDK

Ah the good old days. That skin was included because all the models from the 2.5 mod were included and of course this dates back even farther. To be short this game originates from a mod KF 2.5. That mod contained the files from an earlier version of the mod KF 1.0. These models were not removed because it was tedious and pointless. In KF 1.0 the mine was a useable item. In the next releases the mine could not be aquired and only spawned through console commands. So to be short heres the timeline.

Present day---Retail------2.5-----2.11--2.1-2.0---1.1---1.0-Mines

Upvote 0
clipmag1.jpg

Upvote 0
Try to take apart a Scrake with an AK and it'll laugh at you right before it chainsaws you a new hole. And as FP and Patty goes, Sharpshooters and Supports. The AK is a heavy crowd control weapon. When you've got the freedom to take your shots, the Bullpup is there for popping off heads with single shot fire. When you need to plough the road, the AK is there.

I dispute this slightly: I'm a level 3 commando right now, and if you have the freedom to back away slowly pumping rounds from the bullpup into a scrake's head, then switching to the AK when the clip is out or he's starting to charge, you can usually take him out. (Hard mode.)

However... In regards to OP: dude. This is not Counter-Strike. If you want to use those guns, go play Zmod or something. Fff.

Although, I wouldn't mind a magnum, either. I'm not sure how it would balance, but if it could be done then I would love it.

Upvote 0
Hello TripWire Interactive and Forum Members, I Love Killing Floor Great game but the guns aren't very good. Well I understand it's a zombie apocolypse and guns are scarce so please read the list below. These are my estimates. :D

PISTOLS: 357 Magnum= 500 Dual=900: Uzi= 600 Dual=1k :rolleyes:

SMG'S: Mp5 700 Tmp=700 :eek:

RIFLE'S: SG 552= 2.3k Famas= 1.3k Scout=1.9k :)

RPG: Iraqi Rpg= 2.5k :cool:

MELEE: Shovel 100 Sludge Hammer= 500 Pick Axe= 350 Katana= 2k
Machete=200 (Add higher damage) Axe= 600 (Add higher Damage) :confused:

you must play on easy a lot cuz those prices are outrageous. not everyone is gonna be wandering around with 2k to spare after each round.

Upvote 0