• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Grevona

dextronaut

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
NEW VERSION OF KF-GREVONA WITH BETTER OPTIMIZATIONS AND OPEN AREA TO COMBAT IN!

newest version: http://www.filefront.com/14541081/KF-GrevonaV33.rar

the gameplay is very hard on this map, think bioticslab/offices/sewers. here is some screenshot of this new map:

kf-grevona03-1.png

kf-grevona02.png

kf-grevona07.png

kf-grevona06.png

kf-grevona05.png

kf-grevona04.png

kf-grevona08.png

Last edited:
Very good map. I have been testing since the first version with Dex. Every time we play it he has changed and added. So keeps getting better and better. By the way Dex. Do have this version on my server already? We have had so many I lost track. LOL.

no not yet, but what i plan to do is package them into one .rar and send them to you.

Upvote 0
and of course no more comments hahahaha................

im going to be doing a map pack soon, Dextronauts Dextrolicious Map Pack, to be exact. its going to include all of my recent maps, all of which focus on a atmosphere or theme inspired by a collection of fragrances i've made.

KF-Oviamoire

KF-Marylux

KF-Grevona

KF-Aventine

KF-Sovarine

fumes.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yes i have, its a very excellent book! if youre into perfumes, im selling 20ml bottles for 85$ each.

aventine: warm pumpkin guts, pinot noir grape, burning leaves, freshly dug dirt and twigs/fig leaves to simulate the woods in fall. composed of 30 notes.

grevona: smoked plums, ragged leather, aged paper, gunpowder and crushed grape leaves. composed of 22 notes.

oviamoire: candlesmoke, wood varnish, corroded amber, charcoal with top notes of licorice and honey. composed of 26 notes.

marylux: barnacles, mussel beards, murky bladderwrack, salty ocean brine and a seaweed accord. composed of 43 notes.

these are fairly sophisticated scents that veer quite a bit from mainstream fragrances. these were created over the years using a bizarre kind of "aromatherapy". they are concentrated around 25% using an assortment of resins, charcoals, natural oils and synthetic aromachemicals and if properly stored will last a lifetime. dont be mistaken into thinking these are hermaphrodite dolls ;) these are ridiculously high quality perfumes intended for froofy, pretentious folks like me.

oviamoire:

Upvote 0
I had a run through on THEDDLE's server and it was very smooth all the way. There are so many right angles and passageways that it splits the map up into comfortable rendering chunks.

I like the doorways with the hanging curtains. They frequently appear in the map and add to the suspense as you never know what's about to come through. Lots of props and objects are scattered everywhere giving it a well used and abused appeal. It's coming on very nicely.

Upvote 0
its a solid map.

it feels a little like a setup. its more like a testarrangement for unsuspecting soldiers and survivors.

weapons spawns other than 9mm, handcannon, rifle or shotgun are not my taste. so ak47 to lie about is something i wont do if i would or could do maps.:p

players always go the way of the lowest resistance. the courtains in the doorframes in the cellar are a good reason for players not to go there to fight. so add some sightblocking darkness or crates to the upper part of the map or remove the curtains to see all areas in the map in use.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

I know people do not like weapons lying around like that. However in this one it would be a good idea. I have played several versions of this map. Thank good I am a level 5 on most of my classes. If I did not have a chainsaw or something you would die quick. This map can be very challenging. A couple versions I played we where lucky to make it to wave 2. So in cases like this it is nice to have that weapon there. Then you have to work as a team. If you run by yourself 99% chance you will die.

Upvote 0
I know people do not like weapons lying around like that. However in this one it would be a good idea. I have played several versions of this map. Thank good I am a level 5 on most of my classes. If I did not have a chainsaw or something you would die quick. This map can be very challenging. A couple versions I played we where lucky to make it to wave 2. So in cases like this it is nice to have that weapon there. Then you have to work as a team. If you run by yourself 99% chance you will die.

i just removed the AK and Bullpup and then i read this hahaha.

yes the map is a challenge. and now with the fixes ive added, Kf-Grevona will be much more challenging:

http://www.filefront.com/14534747/KF-GrevonaV33.rar

its V33 until Final, which is in a few days. maybe tomorrow.

Upvote 0
i got some advice about the fog and optimizing the map. i decided to take the first, and that was to cut the particle number for the fog. at first i thought this would make the fog weak, but i like it better now as it allows you to see a bit more of the trash ive decorated the map with. looks alot natural with less particles.

another bit of advice i received was to add a big room. which sounds good to me, plus its let me create a easier route to a trader i was having some problems with navigating to during testing. ill post a new version soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i got some advice about the fog and optimizing the map. i decided to take the first, and that was to cut the particle number for the fog. at first i thought this would make the fog weak, but i like it better now as it allows you to see a bit more of the trash ive decorated the map with.

looks alot natural with less particles. another advice i received was to add a big room. which sounds good to me, plus its let me create a easier route to a trader i was having some problems with navigating to during testing. ill post a new version soon.

I could just slap you and Fel sometimes when it comes to the names. LOL:D Good thing I know what i am doing with my server.

Upvote 0