• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting Archivement "Off The Tracks"

Pita's Guide to the Tracks

So you have entered a stalemate with a german tank...

...and you're both busy lobbing bouncing shells at each other.
Well, before you even consider switching to HE shells (Highly Explosive)
Check to see if you might be able to take out his tracks!

The point is to hit the tracks furthest away from you,
meaning that if you're on his right side (And he's angled)
you are gunning for his left side tracks.

The following series of screenshots portray German tanks and their weak track spots.
It's basically the same spot on all the tanks, I just wanted to make this look like a big guide.

pzivf1dv1.png

pzivhsd9.png

panthervhv0.png

Now these tanks are a bit more complicated, I can't promise you that you'll take out the tracks on these monsters, but unless you're safe inside the IS2, then always go for these spots. I wont lie to you, if you're in anything that's NOT an IS2, you're probably screwed, but at least you'll make it easier for the next comrade in line, to take out the heavyweight German panzer. Also, there's nothing better than a cripled Tiger, you can almost HEAR the enemy Tankcommander crying from inside his retarded/immobilized Tiger.

If you are not quite sure wether or not his tracks are out, try waiting for him to fire a shot, then move yourself a bit out of his angle, so that his angle is useless. If he does not adjust his angle, he is either a moron or he's immobilized. The important thing to remember with an immobilized enemy, is to time your movement with his reload times. NEVER let the enemy tank fire upon you while you are adjusting your firing position. Let him get his shot off, THEN quickly move into your new position and start your execution.

This concludes my attempt at a tracks guide.
Should be the same with ptard too...other than that there is some nice ptard vids on youtube or somehwere in this forums.

It was lost of to have "detrack" battels on BDJ where booth sides had t-34/76 or at least the germans had some on their disposal.

awee found the dedicated ptard thread here : http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=15592

Last edited:
Upvote 0