• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Most effective way to level berserker?

...or just play the game with others on a difficult level you feel you can handle. Perk levels will come soon enough, don't worry. ;)

You cant really preform on hard or suicidal just because you have a level 5 perk that you leveled up in solo game play on one type of zombies.

Besides, to level up a perk in killing floor is relative "fast" (does not take months to cap out your character like it does in some other games) - and berserker is probably not one of the slower perks to level anyway...

Upvote 0
Again, one of my easy, 4-step perk leveling methods:

1) Join Server, spawn as Berserker
2) Buy melee weapon. Attack specimens with it.
3) ???
4) Profit!

Seriously. Play on Hard servers and you'll get up to Level 3 in a matter of hours. Then just relax and play. You're not meant to get levels 4 and 5 within a day or so. Play for a few hours every night for a week or two and you'll get it. Berserker is probably the EASIEST to level. Any melee damage you do levels it. Spamming Alt-Fire Katana and Chainsaw hits do the most, but aren't always the best to use...

If you play long enough, you might actually learn how to play that class while doing so and NOT end up as one of the Level 5's that dies on Wave 2 of a Suicidal game and gets laughed off of the server...

Upvote 0
NOT end up as one of the Level 5's that dies on Wave 2 of a Suicidal game and gets laughed off of the server...
I don't think a Level 5 dying on any suicidal wave is shameful. It only takes a 1 second pause or the slightest tactical mistake to die - and with probably no armor on Waves 1 & 2, it's hardly a laughable offense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you tried too quick to lv up, it gonna leave you helpless later, as it did to me. Once, I've wonder if I get this title because of it's a fps, or because of the leveling factor.

But after all, a great fps = good arsenal + fast-peace action + thousands of head to pop. And KF got two out of three, so ...
Besides, I'm just too tired of bunny hopping for years. In fact, when I first come to kf, I was tried to aim where they gonna jump up to :)

Upvote 0
I'm currently level 3 berserker almost 4. Are there any special ways i should know about to level up the perk? Should i group or solo? any special mutators necessary? how long does 4-5 take?

thanks
for any perk id suggest you play suicidal mode where the waves are huge meaning more specimans for you to kill. doesnt matter if u die early just keep replaying it and u will be suprised how fast u level up

Upvote 0
for any perk id suggest you play suicidal mode where the waves are huge meaning more specimans for you to kill. doesnt matter if u die early just keep replaying it and u will be suprised how fast u level up

This is where people usually get it wrong. It is much better to find the difficulty where you can survive comfortably and rack up damage.

It is much better to survive a while wave, killing a large number of enemies and score a lot of total damage than trying an obviously too high difficulty, killing a dozen specimens which totals you a negligible damage total and die early in the wave and then watch and wait as everyone else slowly kills the rest. Not to mention getting your fellow players starting to think you are a complete waste of time and not helping you / giving you money because you seem to only get yourself killed all the time.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Killing_Floor/Enemies

Upvote 0
not necessarily, as a beserker u can easily survive up until round 6 even on suicidal, from there on when the FP's roll out out in force then it just depends on how good u are at using it. for someone who has already levelled his other perks n knows the game well then they should be fine but then a beginner will have difficulty. i levelled my beserker 2nd last so playing suicidal and racking up the kills worked well for me. better in a team tho, more kills and more protection for you

Upvote 0
Suicidal is fine for a lvl 3 beserker. I levelled mine to 4 yesterday in suicidal. Just use a katana and xbow. Katana can take down anything non-ranged. Use the xbow to eliminate bloats and sirens.

For crawlers learn your timing. Swing the katana at the right time and you swat them out of the air. Until wave 5 or so you won't get much damage, gorefasts being the only real source of damage. Once scrakes start appearing you really start racking up the hurt. When FPs start coming, even more damage. If one comes for you, don't go for the pistol headshot, try finding the enraged sweet spot instead. Enrage it, now backpedal, timing your first swing to hit it JUST as it enters range. Do this and continuous swings will keep hitting it, as it remains JUST out of range of you. You rack up a TON of damage and survive it.

Another tip. Be opportunistic. If you see a decapitated zombie with nothing else immediately around you to poke, hack it to pieces. This is best with a decapped FP that everyone is ignoring. Go and chop away at it until it drops. You don't take damage or endanger the team, and you rack up a very impressive damage tally.

Upvote 0
Copying straight from the KF Wiki,

"The DOOMed map is great for powerlevelling Berserker on solo, as it has a chainsaw spawn very close to the player spawn. High difficulty setting combined with the Faked Players mod can yield hundreds of thousands of damage points in a very short space of time."

I used this to powerlevel my zerk from lvl 4 to 6 combined with playing in matches to get a better feel for zerk tactics and skills.

What I did was set the FakedPlayers mod up to like 20 or something like (gave me about 300-400 zeds to kill on the first wave), grab the chainsaw in the back of the truck, and stay in the mouth of the truck and mow everything down with that chainsaw.

In the meantime, I also lvled up my demo from lvl 4 to 6 as well (your butt is still parked in that truck with the chainsaw spawn). Due to the really high faked players # you set it at, the game can only spawn a certain # of zeds on the screen. What happens a lot of times is that zeds you miss killing start clumping towards the middle of the parking lot where the truck is at. (AI pathing issue at play here) When the crowd in the middle grows to a sizeable amount of 20 zeds or so, I lob a nade on top of the group, and watch 15-25 zeds go boom. Due to the massive clumping, the zeds are not able to scatter normally and therefore are not able to execute that damnable troll nade-dodge manuver. I usually use up all 3 nades in my arsenal while mowing zeds down with the chainsaw. Good way to lvl up zerk and demo at the same time.

Once wave 1 ends, you have 2 options - either restart the map and redo wave 1 or give wave 2 a try and kite your *** off. (Staying in the truck won't work... you'll get sirened to death or fireballed to death.) With 400+ zeds, it becomes a real challenge surviving that many zeds at once without getting sandwiched. I don't think I've ever survived past wave 4 with 20 Fakedplayers activated.

Albeitly boring, once you get past wave 1, then it gets exciting. Hopefully this will help someone to powerlevel your zerk and/or demo. But like what others have mentioned, never rely on powerleveling as means to an end. Play with the perk in MP matches to understand it's role, strengths, weaknesses, and how specimens react to certain attacks in a team-setting. I might have powerleveled, but I was able to learn the tricks of the trade and successfully kite maps on Suicidal and HoE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0