• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Scrake Insta-Kill

Ive been searching through the forums and noticed no one has posted on this subject, suprising, as it is so easy to do. Sorry if im wrong, and someone has posted this before, just link me and i will remove this post, otherwise keep reading!

Scrakes: Big dude with chainsaw for an arm... scary right?

NOT ANY MORE!

Most of the time, when a scrake appears, a few things happen.

1. GRENADE SPAM! EVERYONE EMPTY AND BLAST HIS BODY APART! Might as well just throw money at him, this is inefficient, and unnecessary.

2. Berserker time. If there luky, the scrake is alone, and they can use there trusty katana and/or chainsaw to stun him and take him down. They only problem is, the GENIOUS berserkers who atempt this with 5 crawlers, 2 stalkers, and a siren right behind the scrake. Sure they might get the scrake, but only to die at the hands of weaker enemies. Not smart.

3. Open fire. Everyone blast like hell at him till he falls. Works, but can sometimes cause someone loosing health from his rage, and wasted ammo.

Well everyone, here is your lucky day!

How to 1 hit kill a scrake:

Perk: Sharpshooter

Now i have only tried this on level 3 sharpshooter and up, so please post any success/fail with lvl 0,1, and 2 SS. Non-sharpshooters will not 1 hit kill!

What to do:

As sharpshooter, purchase a crossbow. Once you spot a scrake, make sure he is walking towards you (can be done if hes walking away, very difficult)

Aim your crossbow at him, eye level, but to the right, over his right shoulder at eye level. Basicaly you will actualy not be shooting the actual scrake model, but the air eye level to the right of is head!
The shot must be very close to his head, but not on it, like i said, eye level, over the right shoulder.

SORRY! JUST FOUND ANOTHER THREAD THAT HAS THIS TECHNIQUE IN IT!
I am going to leave this thread up because i believe it explains it in greater detail, but check out
ebongrayprince 's post on headshots! Very Nice!

And here is his scrake picture on were to shoot (same as i am describing) taken by
ebongrayprince:

shot00036k.png

Well if the hitbox was actually the head everyone would go crossbow and kill just about everything in one shot, without figuring out any secret spots.
:rolleyes:

Xbow weight 10kg and only have 40 bolts, only sharpshooters and maybe katana berserkers and medics that can use it (support specs pack dual shotguns, firebugs use flamethrower, commando use bullpup and/or ak47 and berserkers often use chainsaw).

As a sharpshooter (that is the perk that will use crossbow) you only use it to take out scrakes, sirens at long range (handcannons if close), the patriarch, as opening shots on the fleshpound or on a perfectly lined up swarm of zombies.

All zombies, except siren, scrake and patriarch (yes, this even include fleshpound), can be decapitated with one single 9mm bullet (but in the case of fleshpound you have to time your attack correctly up close so it might still be more safe to kill it at range with a crossbow if you are a sharpshooter). I see little or no point in using a crossbow to headshot single clots, stalkers, crawlers, gorefasts or bloats - even if you know where to aim ;)

BTW - knowing where the headshot hitbox is on all zombies is something you learn by trial and error on your way to level 5 sharpshooter.... ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can't really tell me that for not even putting the "secret" spot ANYWHERE on his body. Honestly, if it was his big toe? Go for it, but the hitbox isn't even part of his head.

Bingo. And it's the same with the Gorefasts. Not secret if it's not even on the body. It's iffy programming that they haven't seen fit to fix since release. And it's absolutely mind-blowing that they haven't...

EVERY specimen can be downed with a headshot TO THE HEAD except for the Gorefast/Skrake who have it clear off of their body. It's not secret. Just badly off. Buggy.

The sad part is that it really seems like they aren't supposed to be like that and that the Sharpshooter should be able to wtfbbqpwn them with headshots on the head like they do Sirens...

Upvote 0
Yeah exactly. If Scrakes are becoming too easy because the head is actually where you should aim for a headshot and not require some sort of insider knowledge, then buff the damn Scrake. Gimping Sharpshooters who aren't aware of this because of lazy programming is not a way to balance the obscene power of the Crossbow in headshots.

If you don't think Scrakes should be capable of being 1 shotted (a strange opinion from anyone who uses the Fleshpound decap glitch and advocates its use) then buff the Scrake. Seriously, i honestly didn't think TWI would be so cheap that the real scrakes head is somewhere in the air above his shoulder, i mean wtf gives?

Upvote 0
If you are at least Level 3 Berserker (maybe even Level 2) and equipped with the Katana, you can keep two Scrakes twitch-locked by alternating hitting between the two.

I did this on Hard and only died because a Crawler was nipping at my heels and no one got to me in time, but I took out one Scrake and just barely got the second.

Three Scrakes doesn't work so well but I'm sure there's someone who can do it. Very little room for error. :p

Upvote 0
2. Berserker time. If there luky, the scrake is alone, and they can use there trusty katana and/or chainsaw to stun him and take him down. They only problem is, the GENIOUS berserkers who atempt this with 5 crawlers, 2 stalkers, and a siren right behind the scrake. Sure they might get the scrake, but only to die at the hands of weaker enemies. Not smart.

I just want to reply to this specific point.
If berserkers in your games are dying from weaker specimens behind/near the scrake then it's in fact your fault and the rest of the teams fault.

It's called teamwork. The ranged people are supposed to cover the berserker while he takes down scrakes.

It's piss easy yet so many people on public servers fail at this every time and rather let their berserker teammate die because he is "stealing" all the scrake kills... while in fact he's saving everyone ammo, armor and health cause you never have an enraged scrake rushing around at increased speed and almost guaranteed to get a hit on someone.

Upvote 0
Why the hell all these people try to feel 'smart' for finding a 'secret' which in fact is just a programming glitch??

If you want secrets go play a damn Adventure game (no offense to adventure games, I personally like them :p )

I think it's a definite glitch and not an "Insider secret" like the Fleshpound decap seems to be. In another topic about Skrakes (I believe called 'Will Scarkes ever get fixed?'. Yes, it's mispelled...), the Tripwire guys popped in. So I mentioned the Headshot issue and they seemed absolutely unaware of it. To me, that alone screams glitch.

Hopefully our posts in that topic have made them aware of the situation...

Upvote 0
I'm kinda leaning toward the theory that it's an "Insider Secret" thing that the devs aren't gonna fix after seeing how they've reacted to some of our posts about it...

It's a shame, too, because even using a "You have to aim at this spot because if you aimed at the head it'd be too easy" logic, having a purposely disjointed hitbox looks incredibly unprofessional and will likely lead to more reviews criticizing the game for "Lack of polish"

Upvote 0
I'm kinda leaning toward the theory that it's an "Insider Secret" thing that the devs aren't gonna fix after seeing how they've reacted to some of our posts about it...

It's a shame, too, because even using a "You have to aim at this spot because if you aimed at the head it'd be too easy" logic, having a purposely disjointed hitbox looks incredibly unprofessional and will likely lead to more reviews criticizing the game for "Lack of polish"

Agreed.
These "secrets" are plain out stupid.
There's nothing else to it..

I mean, if we need to add these illogical things to the game or otherwise it would be "too easy", just increase the difficulty level via More health/Faster movement speed/whatever.
Don't resort to these so called 'tricks' or 'secrets'..

Upvote 0